SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

I would go an VIII Ben, then as the IX comes in, Mivec Eng + eng loom and plastic... You will get constant gains as the years pass by. Or get a IX and go back one step initially. Or we all go to the F1 ranch with Snowy... Cant even begin to get my head around how much fun that would be! One of my sponsors offered me a trip there... only have to get his equipment on a V8 Supercar team - tall order me thinks.

TT

I can't believe I'm actually typing this...... but guys, gimme some feedback.

Should I buy an Evo 6 or an 8? Early modern is where it's at, 8's are elligible next year I believe.....

I love the lack of weight in the 6 (and the look), but feel that maybe the 8 is actually a better "thing", a bit newer, a bit tougher.......

**flame suit is on**

Evo VIII for $7,800 - misprint?

http://www.carsales....7C4E49&__N=1216 1247 1252 1282 4294964597 4294966896&__Ntx=mode matchallpartial&seot=1&__Nne=15&__Dx=mode matchany

I've had a long hard think about it, and whilst the Audi could be done, I feel, for me at least, it's better to campaign something that I can afford to walk away from without shedding too many tears. That's the advice I give people, so I should probably heed it :) lol

Plus, I'm keeping my Skyline to use up here, and plan to keep the Evo in Tassie so I can save a bit (heaps actually) on freight. The Audi, well it would need to be my "daily driver" and hence cannot stay in Tassie lol

you may know already but there is a pretty good EVO 6.5 TME for sale down here ben. all the basic fruit ready to race.

i reccon you should go for it. id sooner you throw an evo into the trees than a precious 32. haha.

i know a bloke that can sort storage in the better end of tassie as well as a bit of an evo gooroo.

if you base the car in tass and decide to do high country you can just get timmy to drive it up for you saving you the trip and the expence in freighting.

I love the look of TME's, but just having dipped my foot in the build process of an IX and sitting in the co-drivers seat of one for the first time... OMG if you do it right (IE diffs/box/get rid of AYC etc) they are unbelieveable! I'll post some more footage after this weekend's rally in it, but it just keeps getting better as we learn what to improve!

We can sort out storage etc down here no worries, plenty of capable people down here I know to do maintenance etc.

If you want a VI, Ben Stack (that bloke in SA who seems to import a heap of rally reg stuff) has a TME RS (rare as fook) for 15k rally reg. Can get the cro mo CAMS approved custom cages kit for about $1500 delivered so woudlnt be too bad..... although once you put in decent suspension, wheels, brakes, seats, intercom, maybe a diff rebuild, wheel bearings, diff overhaul, gearbox freshen up, etc etc.. :) you are probabaly better off getting a VII or VIII that someone has done all the hard work on. Was considering selling mine Woo as I dont think there would be a better time, and you were first in line.... but I am a bit attached to it and have sunk alot of time (and a fair bit of $$ which i am too scared to add up) into it so I may as well hang onto it and enjoy it some more as it should be a good thing for a while without spending too much on it now.

Need a new site maybe?? EMOAU?

Yeah but does he really have a TME RS? Because he also has a $70K R35 GT-R listed (which has been listed for ages) that he doesn't actually have. He just leaves adverts up so people ring him and he can say "actually that isn't here anymore but I can source you something - although the price will probably be a little higher...."

Either way - all you EMO people are poofters. Get a real car that actually takes some talent to drive!

:domokun:

I'll have to update my sticker to

MONEY CAN'T BUY TALENT*

But it can buy electronic trickery and sometimes that's good enough.

Either way - all you EMO people are poofters. Get a real car that actually takes some talent to drive!

:domokun:

I'll have to update my sticker to

MONEY CAN'T BUY TALENT*

But it can buy electronic trickery and sometimes that's good enough.

Thats farkin rich coming from you. :) Tell ya what. I will pull all the handling related computers out of my car and you pull all yours out and we will see which car still works. :)

Well my car isn't going to work very well without a driver now is it!!!

:)

So thats your secret...you are not merely a man, but more of a "handling related computer"!! :)

I am with you though mate. I reckon the late model evos are boring as batshit to drive, although I have only driven the GSR with the full compliment of electronic talent. I am assuming the RS with the mech diffs woudl be a little more engagaing.

You know I woudl love to run a 34 but if I owned one, I couldnt afford to race it. :(

I had someone point me in the direction of these little jiggers as a classic competition car.... Still has the wrong badge for this forum but could have potential...

racestar.gif?w=450&h=243

Edited by Darkside

I was talked out of it by sensible people.

It would be good fun though. Right up until I crashed it due to a lack of talent anyways. LOL

But I don't think I'd build a different EM car these days. I'm happy with the one I have. Even though if I decide to keep it now it probably won't be EM Targa eligible going forwards (and I'm not sure whether Stu would let me run it as a Z Tune in Outright??).

Because part of me wants to put a 2.8L + E85 in it and go to Pikes Peak with a few lads, but another part of me wants to build an R35 now and play with something new and see who I can annoy.

But I really don't know just now exactly what I want to do in the future - other than to go and do this with Brisby and track down the blond barmaid! http://www.aaltonenmotorsport.com/home

I will get the shocks back from Murray, put the car back together again, and then maybe think about it after that.

Can completely understand you wanting to keep it Blaise, the Evo too ;)

There's a couple of 7 RS's going to Auction in Japland soon. One has 42 genuine kays grade 3.5 no acident, but, wouldn't you know it, has a bloody C-West front bar. lol and only one "option" - power steering. No ABS though, I'd like ABS......

^^ Yeah, that one is actually able to be fully road regd so you are paying a premium for that one. No point really if you are going to strip and cage it and make it un road registerable.

Hearing you on the ABS though Woo. Its the only electronic talent retained in my car. I dont think it makes you less of a man to have it. :)