SAU Community

Will I Lose Power

i recently got epa'd so im taking the 3 and a half inch exhaust off and putting the standard one back on but while i was at the workshop asking if i could borrow a standard item i saw a 2 and a half inch exhaust that looked a bit more restrictive but at the same time it looked alot more quite and i should be able to use that and not be bothered by the epa anymore but now my question im fairly sure ill lose power but how much

my car is fairly stock pod filter exhaust boost controller and i have an intercooler about to be installed i always thought the 3 and a half was too big for the amount of mods i had but i always thought less restriction more power ....i would like to hear your thoughts was the original exhaust too big for the amount of mods i have,will i be better off with the 2 and a half

thanks

i had the 3 and a half inch exhaust tested before i took it off 98- to 101 decibels obviously not legal so the guy i go to had a kakimoto exhaust 2 and a half inch it made a huge difference 86 decibels at 4800 rpms and i still have a 3 and a half inch front pipe i didnt think it'd be able to pass with the front pipe

i recently got epa'd so im taking the 3 and a half inch exhaust off and putting the standard one back on but while i was at the workshop asking if i could borrow a standard item i saw a 2 and a half inch exhaust that looked a bit more restrictive but at the same time it looked alot more quite and i should be able to use that and not be bothered by the epa anymore but now my question im fairly sure ill lose power but how much

my car is fairly stock pod filter exhaust boost controller and i have an intercooler about to be installed i always thought the 3 and a half was too big for the amount of mods i had but i always thought less restriction more power ....i would like to hear your thoughts was the original exhaust too big for the amount of mods i have,will i be better off with the 2 and a half

thanks

Sounds like the rules and regulations are tougher down there.. move to Qld!!!!!