SAU Community

Rb25det Series 1/1.5/2 Question

AKW

Okay, I have a Nissan Skyline R33 GTST. It is supposedly a series 1 car. The exterior of the car and the engine of the car is basically all series 2 that I can tell. When I look at the car it has the series 2 bumper and the series 2 lights. It has the series 1 interior though, and I thought it had a series 1 motor but it doesn't have an Ignition Amplifier. I am really confused. The car HAS NOT been taken apart or modified because I got it straight imported from a one owner in Japan (I live in the USA). The car is a series 1 year, 1994 or 1995 I am really not too sure of the year (maybe you can help me find that out as well). I just wonder what this is. I was told that there were, in rare occasions, a series 1.5 with BOTH series 1 and series 2 things on them. Was I told correct? Can I get an explination if it is true? What's different?

Thanks in advance,

Austin

Do you have dual Airbags?? or one or none? - that at least tell us whether or not a series 2 front has been installed after it came from the factory.

Post up your VIN to please mate - that will give the most accurate indication for you. Possibly a very late 95' model - very, very rare though.

Okay, I will go get the VIN. It has only one air bag. It was on the Wheel. I got a MOMO now though, brb with the VIN.

Edited by AKW

But why on Earth would it have a series 2 engine... it has English on the Coil Pack Harness. Meaning it has been changed at one point. Is there a way for me to somehow check the engine and other components? I mean, I don't really understand this car at all. The ingition amplifier isn't there and the car runs, what the hell kind of shit is that?

Yeah it sounds like a Series 1.5 - I've heard of the series 2 front on some rare sorts but they've come dual Airbags.

The previous owner could have possibly swapped the front end - it does happen quite a bit :D

Well, I look around the car and it isnt JUST the front or JUST the motor. It is a bit of everything. Series 1 and series 2 shit just strown all over the car. The series 1 interior and air bags, the series 2 front bumper and headlights, the series 2 bonnet, the series 2 engine, the series 1 boot stuff, the series 2 mats? I mean... It is like it came out of the factory with parts they just had laying around, but I know for a fact it hasn't been converted... POSSIBLY an engine swap, but I think I would be able to tell about the whole front clip changing. Am I right?

Is there a way to tell what year it was made? Some sort of number? I am a little new to this scene anyways.

Edited by AKW

When someone with the nissan fast software comes on and fast's your vin number all will be revealed

Never heard of it.

After some research, I am now downloading it.

Should have it by tomorrow if all goes well.

Edited by AKW

Never heard of it.

After some research, I am now downloading it.

Should have it by tomorrow if all goes well.

Patience grasshopper most of the mods and admins have a copy of it and will be able to help you out sometime today or tonight. :D

Thanks mate, I am going to go put it in that topic. My FAST must be f**ked up or something similar to being f**ked up due to nothing I put in it seems to work.

I got my fast working. It says "9503" so I can only imagine that means 03/1995. But that means I still have a series 2 car with series 1 seats in it...

hey all i was under the impression that series 2 has no igniter chip (each coilpack has one, vs 1 for all).. i think thats what i meant.. is that a good way to tell?

It is a late series 1 and someone's fitted a series 2 bumper for what ever reason, crash, aesthetics etc.

Both series 1 & 2 have a coil pack for each spark plug, it's just that the early series 1 have an external igniter, where as late S1&2 have the igniter built into the ecu.

AKW How did you get a Skyline into America.

If I go home I really would like to take my car. Are you in Cali by chance?

Did you have to move the steering wheel to the left?