SAU Community

Thinking To Just Sell The Bloody Thing

Probably not gonna help you much but Century batteries are crap. Ive had two fail prematurely on me (under normal conditions, not because lights were left on etc.). I've also been told by an auto sparky that Century batteries are shit. I switched to Exide and haven't had a problem since.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Week 12 - Refused registration... arrrghh.. what a bad day

The VIN stamped on a plate by RAWS was not accepted as good enough by VicRoads, they said it's an old VIN plate that hasn't been used around for 2 years.

I need to find a person who can legally stamp a VIN directly under the stamped plate on the body/chassis.

Therefore they want to see 2 of the same VIN numbers: one on the plate by RAWS the other one on the chassis.

The number on the firewall (factory) is not accepted because it doesn't contain the full 17-digit VIN, only contains the CPV35-xxxxxx part....

What a freakin' nightmare...

Anyone can help me with a tradesperson who can engrave VIN number on my engine bay?

Chris - do not book a ticket yet...

if that car has the VIN tag inside the passneger door then SHOW them that. THAT IS THE VIN!!

6U9000cpv35000000 - look in that corner. if they want the actual VIN then someone doesn't like you.

ring me in the morn. (I'll see if I can help.)

Edited by Chris Rogers

What a nightmare!!

I don't get it. It's not as if it's the first V35 in Vic!

I mentioned J-Spec as they've registered plenty of cars in Vic and will be able to tell you exact;y what's needed. They may even know someone in Vic roads who can help you and give you a complete once off run down, to make sure you're not going back 100 times!!

Good luck buddy, I was going nuts when my car was held up for 10 days..

Chris, they've seen the sticker (magenta sticker RAWS compliance) - checked the VIN - ok. happy.

2nd they check the VIN in the engine bay (photo attached) - they said the number is correct however the plate used by RAWS is an outdated 2 years ago, and no one uses that kind of plate anymore and they requested the exact same number stamped underneath that plate directly on the body!

post-328-1216204404_thumb.jpg

What am I suppose to do now? That VIN stamped on the suspension tower IS the one people had on their cars isn't it?

Should I take it to different branch? I went to Sunshine as it's the one nearest to home.

Please , anyone in Melbourne who has done 1st time import registration by themselves, which branch do you go to? Carlton? Greensborough?

Or should I send it back to QLD to the RAWS, have it rego'ed there, then I do an interstate name transfer back to VIC, as if I am purchasing a car interstate?

That VIN stamped on the suspension tower IS the one people had on their cars isn't it?

Yep. They're just giving you a real hard time for some reason :)

I had mine done earlier on in the year with no problems. Mine was done at the Dandenong Vicroads so it's a bit of a trip for you and who's to say it won't happen again there.

See what Chris can help you with.

SSV did my compliance and paperwork so yeah it would help to ring them (I think the name was Mark).

A bit of light at the end of the tunnel...

Apparently it is a requirement specific to Victoria state to have the full VIN stamped on the vehicle's body.

Thank's to Geoff @ Prestige & Isaso compliance in QLD, they have put me in contact with an authorised dealer/RAWS in VIC that will be able to do what VicRoads require and will do so next week and give my 3rd short @ VicRoads again.

I got a call from Michael @ Longden recommending me to find who to comply according to VICroads requirement here in VIC, and Geoff followed up by phone to make sure things are going as it is.

Thank's for your help, and great after sales service from Geoff (Prestige) & Michael (Isaso) !

But Chris, don't book a ticket yet, till I confirmed my 3rd attempt is a 3rd time lucky!

At this point I'm planning next Tue 22nd as my 3rd attempt...

Week 13... to be updated...

I should probably get a custom plate like LUCK13 or something...

Rianto,

For starters, all of your batteries have a warranty and you should have been able to return the first one under warranty.

If you run a battery dead flat it will not halve it's life. The only thing that will kill a battery is to store it on concrete.

Modern sealed batteries cant be charged by your home charger or your car if you run them dead flat. you need to go to a battery shop and get them to give it a good boot over night with a real charger, if you don t replace under waranty as suggested. You DONT have to buy a new one just because its flat!

Also with you brake pads, they should have been done on compliance, id be complaining to them about that if I were you.

I got a call from Michael @ Longden recommending me to find who to comply according to VICroads requirement here in VIC, and Geoff followed up by phone to make sure things are going as it is.

Thank's for your help, and great after sales service from Geoff (Prestige) & Michael (Isaso) !

But Chris, don't book a ticket yet, till I confirmed my 3rd attempt is a 3rd time lucky!

At this point I'm planning next Tue 22nd as my 3rd attempt...

Week 13... to be updated...

I should probably get a custom plate like LUCK13 or something...

yep after all that I would by a plate.

ISASO are great with things like that. I have no problem referring cars to him on that basis alone.

charged my car again took it off the charger in the morning, drove it in the evening, no problems, it had 12.7v on it.

This morning i start it...its F'ed again.

I measured again it was 12.00.

how do I tell if its the battery thats flat or whether the alternator is broken and its not charging my battery?

cheers,

Danny