SAU Community

Anyone Running 18x9 +20 Offset On Their Stag?

bluesky4me

I know there has been heaps about this stuff...and I did search...from the info I read it seems 18x9 wheels with a +20 offset will fit as long as the car is not to low (mine is standard height).

I would like to know if any one is running this size.

cheers

I'm running 17x9.5" +23 all 'round on my S2. the front is flush with the guards,the rear sticks out by about 20mm from std guards,so mine have been flared,and I've put some cheap mudflaps on the rear bar to hide them some.

my car is lowered about 2-2 1/2" from stock on tein gt wagon coilovers.

Justin...

I know there has been heaps about this stuff...and I did search...from the info I read it seems 18x9 wheels with a +20 offset will fit as long as the car is not to low (mine is standard height).

I would like to know if any one is running this size.

cheers

Hi there, made a note of mine last time I had them wheels off, I have 18x8 +30 front, 18x9 +32 + 3mm spacers rear. Don't ask me why, they where on the car when I got it. Ride height is 370mm front, 360mm rear. Tyres are 235/40 Maxxis. Body panels are standard, wheel alignment is as per SK's specs in the suspension thread. This arrangement has not caused me any problems with tyres touching etc.

Cheers GW

Hi there, made a note of mine last time I had them wheels off, I have 18x8 +30 front, 18x9 +32 + 3mm spacers rear. Don't ask me why, they where on the car when I got it. Ride height is 370mm front, 360mm rear. Tyres are 235/40 Maxxis. Body panels are standard, wheel alignment is as per SK's specs in the suspension thread. This arrangement has not caused me any problems with tyres touching etc.

Cheers GW

just a note 260rs wheel fitment is alot different on the rear compared to normal rs4 stageas.

i have 17x9+30 on front and rear and the rears are perfect fit sticking out around a couple of mm and the fronts are in the gaurds abit due to running 3 degrees negative camber, if i run normal camber they are spot on as well. I think +20 on the front and rear will stick out too far unless u wanna run heaps of camber and flare the gaurds alot.

(waves hand in the air) I AM!!! ive got 18x9 +20 offset all round on mine (there off atm cleaning the rims up) almost flush front and rear. maybe a few mm proud. mines std ride height for now. i'll post some piccys 4 u when u put em back on

well as luck would have it, i got a puncture in the side wall of a tire today so i decided to put my rims on. so here are some pics of the clearance to the guard. i threw in a pic of the height of the guard just to show u what it looks like at stock ride height. :P i should also mention that the front wheel isnt straight. thats why i didnt take the pic from the front.

ps dont look at how dirty my car is.

post-41608-1216281617_thumb.jpg

post-41608-1216281772_thumb.jpg

post-41608-1216282361_thumb.jpg

Edited by Raysboostin

Thanks for the info and the pics..much appreciated. I think they are a good size to go for..particularly with my car being standard height (cant drop it much with the low dolphine front bar).

What size tyres are you running being a 9" rim I am guessing 255/35/18 ???

Cheers and thanks again.

yeah sorry i should've mentioned that. they're 235/40 r18. due to the puncture i didnt have much choice in tyres, in fact that was all i could get. but it looks good though, its got a small amount of stretch, which will be handy when i do lower it. i just gotta work out how low i can go and still get up my driveway.

I've been looking for rims for my 260. Looking through hyper rev mag, 18x9 +20 seems a popular size.

But, there isn't much choice with this width and offset.

I've been looking for rims for my 260. Looking through hyper rev mag, 18x9 +20 seems a popular size.

But, there isn't much choice with this width and offset.

agreed. just look around the forum 4 sale sections and trading posts etc, till u find something u like. thats how i found mine (i got lucky and found exactly what i wanted). is ur 260 that sweet white one i see kickin around the coast??

Yep Ray thats probably mine, esp if it has squeaky brakes. Just got some Project u rotors delivered today, so with some new pads the squeal will hopefully disappear.

Yep Ray thats probably mine, esp if it has squeaky brakes. Just got some Project u rotors delivered today, so with some new pads the squeal will hopefully disappear.

sweet dude, if u see me around give us a wave.

there's no way 9.5" +20 rims will fit without touching the guards,especially in the rear.

Justin...

Ditto, even 9" is a really neat fit at stock height.

there's no way 9.5" +20 rims will fit without touching the guards,especially in the rear.

Justin...

sweet dude, if u see me around give us a wave.

Ditto, even 9" is a really neat fit at stock height.

Are you kidding me, the rear guards on Stagea's are HUGE. 10" +20 fit a breeze with only a lipping (that is bending the inner lip on the guard up, it was not flared at all)

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...t&p=3525623

....oh...and thats 9.5 +1 on the front, no scrubbing, nothing, not at that 4wd height. Needed a 20mm lowering on the front and 10mm on the rear, I just didn't have enough adjustment.

9" +20 will be flush on the rear, and slightly sunken on the front. I'd run 9" +20 and 9" +10 on the fronts if you wanted to be conservative, like most other Australians' wheel fitments.

If those pics show your idea of a wheel fitting well within the guards,you need your eyes checked. they're both a good inch outside of them.

I can see rim AND tyre protruding past the guard and the bumper,it's not inside.

this isn't rocket science,it's either behind the metalwork,or it isn't. that isn't. not by a very long way.

it's not being conservative either,it's trying to remain remotely legal. wheels hanging out of guards only works for offroad 4wds. contrary to whatever you want things to be like,this is Australia,and we're not bosozoku. you must have pretty lenient cops in your area,as noone up here would last five minutes with a 'fitment' like that.

Justin...

Edited by fergo308

If those pics show your idea of a wheel fitting well within the guards,you need your eyes checked. they're both a good inch outside of them.

I can see rim AND tyre protruding past the guard and the bumper,it's not inside.

this isn't rocket science,it's either behind the metalwork,or it isn't. that isn't. not by a very long way.

it's not being conservative either,it's trying to remain remotely legal. wheels hanging out of guards only works for offroad 4wds. contrary to whatever you want things to be like,this is Australia,and we're not bosozoku. you must have pretty lenient cops in your area,as noone up here would last five minutes with a 'fitment' like that.

Justin...

agreed.

my 9"+20 rims are right on the guard line at the rear, so if i lower it i'll have to lip the guards a little. but my fronts are actually about 5mm proud of the guard line, but its such a small amount u dont notice it unless ur really looking up close. but they are in no way " sunken in" as AlexCim put it.

the rims shown in the linked pics posted by AlexCim are clearly a long way past the guard line and the only reason he didnt need to flare the guards is because he stretched a pair of 235/40s onto a 10" rim (imho to much stretch), any wider tyre would need serious guard flaring. but everyone has their own tastes.

you could probably get any width rim in there if u made big enough flares, but we r talking about fitting them without touching the body as silva33 asked.

Yeah man, the laws here in Vic are pretty relaxed towards cars. *sarcasm*

Put it this way, for me, the wheels were the least of my worries if I got pulled over. And well, I didn't get pulled over at all and went to many "hotspots" with cops. They tended to go for the more sporty, older, sports cars.... not the family car with wheels.

9" +20 IS conservative. That's the truth. But its about taste, so its not something "bad" in any way.

http://www.hellaflush.com/

PS. Dave - Arch (@ Rampant) told me you spoke to him, I am now certain you will get something hella sweet!

Edited by AlexCim