SAU Community

Removing Centre Caps

Hey guys,

Im wonderdering is there a special tool to remove the standard r34 gtr wheel centre caps?

these things:

post-4266-1216306398_thumb.jpg

Where can i buy a tool for it or is it safe to use like a giant wrench?

Would appreciate the help

-Johnny

If your taking the wheels off to paint them (presuming you are as i cant think of any other reason to remove them lol, sure there are plenty tho) you can just give the back of them a slight whack from the back with the handle of a screwdriver or something similar. that will do the trick

Just use a Flat Head Screwdriver.

There should be a little gap to allow you to fit the screwdriver in and hinge it out.

Thankyou soooo much, jst got them off!

must explain: on my old r33 the rims needed a large plastic nut remover and i thought this was the same

If your taking the wheels off to paint them (presuming you are as i cant think of any other reason to remove them lol, sure there are plenty tho) you can just give the back of them a slight whack from the back with the handle of a screwdriver or something similar. that will do the trick

I jst got the rim off and the tyre was punctured by a screw, ill take a pic and post it a lil later.

I wasnt gonna paint them

lol i thinks its funny someone who buys a r34 gtr, cant get centre caps off lol

G'Day Bryn,

Johnny has already been PM'd about a plastic tool made for Advanti Wheel Centre Caps that fits the R34 GTR centre caps perfectly. This way, he doesn't scratch the caps with a flathead screwdriver (unless of course, you wrap the head).

Good tool to have 'cause the shaft elbow has just the right angle and thickness.

Cheers, T

Ah yeah those wheels, I have seen them before.

Like I said, probley just the design of the wheel.

They werent bad, bit heavy though.

On another note, the flat tyre i had was caused by a tiny nail which had embedded itself right in the centre tread and caused the air to slowly be released (exactly why i never actually knew about it on the road, it was in my garage when it deflated)

I took it to the tyre factory to have the puncture repaired, cost 20bux and all but 5minutes and my tyre was fixed which was a relief to me, cos i didnt want to have to buy 2 new tyres (especially these bridgestones)