SAU Community

Bargain! Beer Baron Is Selling His R34 Gtr Just $50k!

Hi Guys,

Well it's a sad time. Got to sell my R34 GTR. I bought this car in japan earlier this year as it was an immaculate car for a good price. It was going to be a daily GTR for me after I sold the monster prime garage built GTR I had. I was going to putt around in this till my other 32 GTR was back on the road. but as is often the case plans change. I've bought a nice 2002 FD series 8 RX7 RZ model. It needed an engine rebuild when I bought it (it's a rotor remember) and the new rotor motor was being built at Pre Stage in japan. I thought it would take ages. turns out I was wrong! It's already finished, and already on a ship heading for sydney. So with that car approaching this one has to go.

ok, It's an R34 GTR non- vspec. Silver (dark silver, almost a grey) in colour, it has 88,000kms. The car is in beautiful condition.

It has a couple of nice options. Here's the spec sheet.

R34 GTR

Silver

88,000kms

Has rare factory side air-bag option (keeps you nice and safe!, this is a very rare and expensive factory option)

Drivers side and passenger side front air-bags

6 speed manual

Nismo side pillar garnishes

special GTR scuff plates

factory 34 GTR plush floor mats

Nismo S-tune suspension (great stance and height and handles very nicely, not bumpy or uncomfortable either, it's great suspension)

Carozzeria (Pioneer) carbon kevlar splits front and rear with the front tweeters mounted at the base of the A pillar (and they are adjustable for direction)

Addzest (clarion) double din touch screen TV head unit which has a Hard disk, memory stick reader, plays MP3, CD, DVD, MD, has TV and navigation too, but I'm not sure how you would get the TV reception and navi to work in aus.

Nismo front lower lip and front undertray. very tough looking.

it has Factory HID Xenon headlamps too, with electric in cabin hight adjustment

Aussie installed full alarm and 3 point immobilser - Aus Standards approved with all black wiring etc.

factory nissan alarm with central locking and immobilisers built into the keys

nismo radiator cap (sweeeeet)

and since the hard disk automatically copies every CD you play in the car onto the hard drive you also get a bonus of over 100 albums of japanese pop music! doesn't get much more JDM than that. hehe.

Other than those small mods the car is mechanically, completely standard. Standard airbox, standard boost and even standard exhaust (it still sounds nice though).

There is no accident repair history on the car.

I have the original GTR key and spare key (both with the immobilisers built in) and have the books for the car too.

Before I had the car shipped out of japan I had it fully serviced and inspected at Nissan Japan. I have the service receipt (which came to nearly $700!) and their inpsection report. It came back all clear, and I had all fluids replace (lots of them in a GTR!)

If you are looking for a neat, well cared for R34 GTR then this is the car for you. People who know me I'm sure can vouch for the fact that I am very fussy when it comes to the cars I buy and import and I always manage to find special or very neat cars.

There is only 2 small issues with the car. The front lip has some small damage on the right hand side just from driveways etc. However I will either get it repaired or repalced for the new owner, if the price is right, otherwise we can do a small discount for that. The other one is the headlights are a bit cloudy/dirty (they are actually not as bad as I thought, and came up quite good after a wash). Considering how much pride I take in my cars it wasn't good enough for me, so I ordered 2 brand new R34 GTR Xenon head lamp housings from Nissan (you don't want to know the price!!!). They have just arrived and I haven't fitted them yet, but I will give them to the new owner for $500 each (cost me about double that). They will really make the car look brand new, and they even include new ballasts and wiring, so you could sell the old headlights to another R34 GTR owner who has had his xenons removed and wants them back. :)

I'm asking $55,500 and the car comes with 11 months rego. of course it's fully complied, and registered in NSW.

I'm now dropping $1,500 off the price to get this sold now. If you are thinking about importing you should know the AUD is now down to 84yen/dollar so importing a car just became 15% more expensive. You would not find a 34 GTR this nice and be able to import, comply, and register it for less money than this. So come and check it out. :P

ANOTHER UPDATE:

THE AUD IS NOW BUYING 65 YEN!!!

SO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME HAVING BOUGHT MY CAR WHEN THNIGS WERE GOOD. I REALLY NEED THE CAR GONE NOW. VERY SHORTLY I'LL HAVE YET ANOTHER OF MY CARS ON THE ROAD AND JUST CAN'T EVEN DRIVE THEM ALL ENOUGH AT THE MOMENT TO KEEP THEIR BATTERYS FULL!

SO, FOR THE NEXT LITTLE WHILE I'M GOING TO DROP A FEW GRAND OFF IN THE HOPE IT WILL MOTIVATE SOMEONE TO COME OUT AND BUY IT. SO, LET'S CALL IT $50,000 FLAT. HELL LET'S MAKE IT $49,999 SO YOU CAN TELL EVERYONE YOU BENT ME OVER AND BOUGHT MY 34 GTR FOR LESS THAN $50 GRAND. IF YOU WANT A 34 GTR YOU WILL BE HARD PRESSED TO FIND A NICE GENUINE CAR LIKE THIS FOR $50K.

Here's the pics:

img8003sju0.jpg

img8008sxb9.jpg

img8011szl1.jpg

img8015sjo0.jpg

img8024svi7.jpg

img8032sqd1.jpg

img8036sra2.jpg

img8047stb3.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most don't. Well they just have the front passenger and drivers bags. but you could get optional side airbags but it was not very popular as most people weren't buying a GTR for it's safety! and also it was a very expensive option.

Since being in aus when those pics were taken it had just had a standard $20 wash. It will look awesome after a good wax and polish. If i'm feeling nice I'll get one done for the new owner. :)

lots more pics coming in a sec.

If there is a cleaner GTR around for sale I'd like to see it. :)

ok, here is the motherlode of pics.

one of the new lights. you can see the balast for the HIDs in the bottom.

zimg8199zx8.jpg

zimg8196gu9.jpg

zimg8203ig9.jpg

inside the boot. had to take it appart to replace the battery with a new one. very clean in there. no accident damage or rust.

zimg8048ej6.jpg

zimg8049eu7.jpg

one of the rear crossovers, and the bottom of one of the kevlar speakers. they are very nice.

zimg8051gs1.jpg

The tool kit is all there. Including the rear wing adjustment tool (how cool is that, any car that comes with wing adjustment is ok in my book!)

zimg8060cn5.jpg

zimg8062my8.jpg

zimg8068fu5.jpg

zimg8069qh9.jpg

more pics after lunch. :P

It is very nice, from what I can see!

Are you in a hurry to sell? I am just starting to look and I need to get a feel for the market before I step into a new car. Additionally, I am based in Victoria.

How many K's have you done in it and when did it land in Oz?

Can you please show pictures of the cloudy headlights and front lip if this is the only damage? If you don't want to post, perhaps you can e-mail me the pics.

hi mate,

i've only done about 1,000kms or so since I bought it. It was imported earlier this year. I'm the first aus owner obviouly. :) I bought it in japan.

more pics to follow, inc headlights and lip. it's a little hard to make out as it's quite small and underneath since that's usually where it contacts the ground. it's actually not too bad, I've been driving it a lot lately and never scrape it. but during complaince etc others were driving it and I think not as carefull as I am when going up driveways etc.

zimg8073ah3.jpg

zimg8078mb9.jpg

zimg8079dn4.jpg

zimg8084qv0.jpg

this is the ETC toll pass reader (useless here sadly). and the knob next to it is headlight height control. That is very handy. when in town you can point the lights down nice and low so as not to bother other motorists, but when out on the open road, or in un-lit areas you can switch them up to give you good light without having to use high beams.

zimg8092ku6.jpg

the kms, and note the oil pressure too is very good. :P

zimg8094tk7.jpg

zimg8097jn1.jpg

The stereo is awesome. any CD you put in is automatically copied to the hard disk so you don't have to carry them around, or muck around on a PC ripping CDs to MP3 etc. Plus you can watch DVDs on both the bottom and top screen too.

zimg8100pi7.jpg

zimg8103jt6.jpg

as you can see it's got radio, DVD/TV, CD, MD, memory stick, and hard disk. It's touch screen and very easy to use too. It also has voice commands so if you can speak a little japanese you can control it with the voice controls! SUGOI!

zimg8104ei2.jpg

zimg8106ud2.jpg

zimg8111gv0.jpg

zimg8114xb9.jpg

zimg8116ta4.jpg

zimg8120rz1.jpg

zimg8121hz7.jpg

zimg8124eo8.jpg

zimg8127wm5.jpg

this is a fairly good pic of the headlights. a little cloudy but not too bad. they are certainly still usable, and most people probably wouldn't care.

zimg8134qd6.jpg

factory calsonic intercooler. they are a great cooler for a factory item. plenty of flow for up to 350rwkw.

zimg8136ey9.jpg

compliance plate showing chassis number. if you want to do a REVS check etc, use the chassis number as it is here.

zimg8138jz5.jpg

zimg8141je3.jpg

zimg8145pn4.jpg

the side airbags. nice to have that extra piece of mind. side impact accidents can be terrible, and every little bit helps!

zimg8150ie5.jpg

zimg8154uv4.jpg

zimg8155ea6.jpg

everything in the engine bay is tip top. I took this pic as you can see the bonnet liner. 33s and 34s bonnet liners seem to disintergrate very easily, so once indication of a car that has had a hard life (ie trackwork etc) is a worn and torn bonnet liner, or sometimes they are missing all together.

zimg8158ns2.jpg

zimg8183ax4.jpg

This is the invoice from the full service and inspection I had done in japan before the car left.

zimg8184ye5.jpg

it comes with the original "GTR" remote locking remote which is pretty rare, and looks cool. :)

zimg8187vu8.jpg

keys and books

zimg8189mc8.jpg

The servicing inspection report.

zimg8194ny1.jpg

Anyway, if anyone has a request for more pics I will do my best to take some. it's hard though as I work till after dark so I can only really take pics of the car in daylight on weekends. But I think all those pics pretty much cover the lot.

It is very nice, from what I can see!

Are you in a hurry to sell? I am just starting to look and I need to get a feel for the market before I step into a new car. Additionally, I am based in Victoria.

How many K's have you done in it and when did it land in Oz?

Can you please show pictures of the cloudy headlights and front lip if this is the only damage? If you don't want to post, perhaps you can e-mail me the pics.

Hi mate, hopefully the additional pics answered the questions about the lip and lights. they are both only very minor points, but I mention them as they are really the only faults I could pick.

I wouldn't say I'm in a hurry to sell (as in I won't be entertaining offers really) but I'm not keen to hang onto it any longer than I have to either. :) The RX7 should be ready in about 2 weeks so ideally I'd like this all sewn up by then. :P

Hi mate, hopefully the additional pics answered the questions about the lip and lights. they are both only very minor points, but I mention them as they are really the only faults I could pick.

I wouldn't say I'm in a hurry to sell (as in I won't be entertaining offers really) but I'm not keen to hang onto it any longer than I have to either. :D The RX7 should be ready in about 2 weeks so ideally I'd like this all sewn up by then. :D

Thanks BB for all the pics, yes I can tell from the pics, how neat it is... Looks like a couple of marks on the rim unfortunately, which is a shame.

Still good though...

It is a 99 model, correct?

As for being cheap, as I have just started to look I will take GTS4WD's word for it...

As for the 2 weeks, I doubt I would even get close to that timeframe, so thanks for your help and good luck with the sale.

lol, I should pull out the HD and save a copy! all japanese music to me sounds like it was made with one of those little casio keyboards. what a bargain for the buyer. $thousands of dollars worth of J-pop for free. think of the savings people.

and stephen thorpe, happy to help and good luck with your search.

lol, I should pull out the HD and save a copy! all japanese music to me sounds like it was made with one of those little casio keyboards. what a bargain for the buyer. $thousands of dollars worth of J-pop for free. think of the savings people.

and stephen thorpe, happy to help and good luck with your search.

My 14YO daughter is mad on anything Japanese and is the top Japanese student at her school...We had an exchange student stay with us last year and she will be going over to Kobe in a few weeks for her exchange. She got into J-pop when Mayuka was over here and is always looking for tunes. So my question was actually a real one. If you could run off one for her she would be wrapped.

BTW nice car Richard...typically immaculate like everything you own, good luck with selling it.

haha, ok, I'll have a look and see how easy it is to remove the HD and transfer files. it looks like those 2 screws will reveal all... can't promise as I don't want to balls it up, but i'll have a crack for you. no one wants to deprive a 14yo girl of japanese musak!

zimg8106ud2.jpg

haha, ok, I'll have a look and see how easy it is to remove the HD and transfer files. it looks like those 2 screws will reveal all... can't promise as I don't want to balls it up, but i'll have a crack for you. no one wants to deprive a 14yo girl of japanese musak!

you'll balls it up for sure!

zimg8106ud2.jpg

Download some instructions of the net for that model, surely there is an easy way...

good to hear at least the 14 yr old is not into Shannon Noll or any of those other losers.

interested in a deal with my 32 mate ?? its a very nice 34!!

hi mate, I would love to have another nice 32. but I really need to rationalise. :ermm: I still have my grey 32 GTR, and my S13 Silvia. so with the RX7 on the way I just physically can't keep them all, let alone get another one :P

hey sidd, yeah I know it's a little cheap, but I have to face up to the fact that 34 prices have come down a little of late, but mainly I just want to have it sold before my RX7 arrives. I originally was thinking $60K but thought it will sell quicker at $55k. I agree though, I think it's very cheap considering the condition. There may be cheaper ones out there, but not in the kind of shape this one is in. :thumbsup:

anyway hopefully it will find a nice new home very shortly. :D

if anyone wants to chat about it, or organise a time to come see it just send me a pm and I'll send you my ph number.