SAU Community

Airbag Light

BoostedBarge

Is it normal for the airbag light to stay on after the engine is started for 30s (or maybe til I start moving)? I think my car has always done this. I know that it once had a non-airbag aftermarket wheel and the previous owner put a S2 airbag wheel on it. I just want to make sure the light is not an indication that something is wrong.

Thanks mate. Perhaps 30 seconds was a bit of a exageration. I'll check it out. It sounds like it's acting normal

Same here, anywhere from 2-5 secs after starting the car.

I looked at it the other day. It certainly says on longer than 2-5 seconds, maybe even 10 or more. I might see what I can find out from the manual. I'm sure it would stay on or flash constantly if there was any problem to be concerned about.

I looked at it the other day. It certainly says on longer than 2-5 seconds, maybe even 10 or more. I might see what I can find out from the manual. I'm sure it would stay on or flash constantly if there was any problem to be concerned about.

Manual for mine says 7 seconds. Less and there may be a fault, more and there may be a fault, flashing and there may be a fault etc...