SAU Community

dyno results, b4 and after conversion

Hi,

I'm starting this thread for anyone that is interested in seeing the results before and after auto to manual conversion. I have 3 sets of results taken at different stages over the last year.

1st off is the dyno results as an auto, using 96 octane petrol

Mods to the car

K & N panel air filter

Extractors (6,2,1)

2 1/2" exhaust straight from the extractors (no Cat)

2nd dyno, was done shortly after the manual conversion (4th gear dyno), still running the auto diff, 96 petrol + Nulon pro strength octane booster (Note; low torque figures at the wheels) 16kw increase at the rear wheels:D

3rd dyno was taken today, running a 4:3.1 ratio LSD diff, using 98 octane petrol and nulon pro strength octane booster.

Unfortunatly I have lost a few kw somewhere, but gained another 175Nm of torque at the wheels:D

Both dynos run after the conversion were done still using the old auto ECU.

Originally posted by OverDriver

u didnt use the octane on the first?

how much of an improvement is that stuff?

Opps, yeah I did but a different brand, think it was 108+ octane booster (black bottle).

To be honest I don't really know if the octane booster, makes that much difference. I can't really feel any power increase over using BP ultimate. I think each car is a little different in the way it responds, some people swear by it.

hey skyla, great info, thanks for that.

about the 4:3.1 ratio LSD diff you put on, is that the standard diff that comes on manual GTS25's?? (ie the same diff i would have)

450nm of torque is approaching V8 territory, well done :stupid:

thanks

Originally posted by Greg

about the 4:3.1 ratio LSD diff you put on, is that the standard diff that comes on manual GTS25's?? (ie the same diff i would have)

It wasn't a R33 GTS25 diff, it was off another Nissan thou. Every thing was the same except the plate on the back of the diff(different sized mounting), we just swaped the plates over and it fitted. I believe the ratio shoud be the same.

I red somewhere that when a car is auto, the torque converter somehow doubles the figures. If I could only remember the site, it was quite interesting.

ok guys so we are looking at 110kw at rear wheels, in comprasion to other cars such as your holden and fords and Supra non turbo, how do these results compair.

Are N/A faster the holdens at rear wheels with the same mods ect ect

Cheers

of course holdens are gonna have more rwkw's as there a bigger heavier car, but yes our na liners will beat v6 commies and straight 6 vct vvt and non vvt fords i know this from expierience.

Ive got a na skyline and have had a bit of work done to the engine. First thing was the throttle body with a bigger butterfly.

Extractors with full 2 1/2 exhaust. Air Filter and had it dyno tuned with a piggy bak on the ecu. I have now got 137.5kw at the wheels. Pretty good, kills V6 commodores and falcons easy.

Hey Nick,

A few questions about your throttle body, I'm looking at getting mine done in the not too distant future, Just got to get a problem sorted first.

Did you get your factory TB and intake plenium bored out, if so how many mm did you get removed, or was the TB from a different car?

Yeh, a bit more profromance with the bigger butterfly. Also there is two mesh round circles in the pipe in the air box. Take this out they also ad little power. Better air flow. Na didn't get canaried sat nite. The dumb cop was going to give me one for my driving light on the series two bumper. They dont work because there not hookt up. He reckons if you have driving light they must work.

What about the fake tail lights on the new nissan patrol. He left me alone after that.lol.

I have also been told you can use a 300sx TB as long as you duno tune the car after doing so.