SAU Community

Confused About Gearbox

BIT SUS

Hey all, I'm a proud owner of a S1 RS260 Stagea.

I'm getting mixed answers about what kind of gearbox is in my car.

I was under the impression it was a R32GTR gearbox, as the motor is also from R32/33GTR.

Yet I have been told its a "Stagea 5 speed gearbox"

Which is it?!?!?!

Can someone please clear it up for me, as I am about to start looking around for a new clutch and gearbox parts.

Any help muchly appreciated.

the S2 RS4S has the R33 GTR gearbox (this would constitute a stagea 5 speed box?!?!?).

it is hard to believe it would be anything other than the same for a 260RS made during the same time as the R33 GTR.

I was told that the motor in a Series One RS260 is from a R32GTR and the motor in a Series Two was from a R33GTR. so technically (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), the part numbers for a R32GTR gearbox should be identical to those of a Series ONE Autech Stagea?

I'm trying to chase up synchros and selector forks.

according to FAST, all 260RS boxes are same, 32010-12U60, which is the identically same box on the last of the R33 GTRs, not all, from May 98 to November 98. R33 GTRs before this have various other part #s, but it is probably minor changes and the bulk would be identical. If you use FAST you can get the correct part you want.

further FAST research shows that gearbox 32010-12U10 were from early 97 to mid-98 on both 260RS and R33 GTR and then changed to 32010-12U60 after mid-98 for both 33 and 260. Nissan says that 12U60 is an alternate part for the 12U10, so again, prob very minor changes.

post-780-1220162683_thumb.jpg

actually its even easier than that if you are looking for gearbox rebuild kit....nissan are out of stock of the early setup, only the late (series 3) r33 gtr bits are available

So in summary, it is definatelly a R33 GTR gearbox. I'll let my mechanic know so he can price up some parts for me.

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated!

Nigel.

That's good to hear! From what I read on here, the series 3 R33 GTR has the strongest of the GTR 5 speed gearboxes :(

I can't remember the differences. Triple synchros or something (I don't know gearboxes very well)? A search should find the differences.

further FAST research shows that gearbox 32010-12U10 were from early 97 to mid-98 on both 260RS and R33 GTR and then changed to 32010-12U60 after mid-98 for both 33 and 260. Nissan says that 12U60 is an alternate part for the 12U10, so again, prob very minor changes.

I was told that the motor in a Series One RS260 is from a R32GTR and the motor in a Series Two was from a R33GTR. so technically (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), the part numbers for a R32GTR gearbox should be identical to those of a Series ONE Autech Stagea?

I'm trying to chase up synchros and selector forks.

I never heard of any stagea model using any parts at all from a R32GTR. Pretty sure both s1 & s2 share parts with the R33 GTR.

Anyone have any other info?