SAU Community

Combined Silviawa/sauwa Cruise

ossie_21

I broke my $380 carbon radiator shroud :(

Glad the cruise was good otherwise, Don called me and said with damage over $1000 a police report needs to be made so I'll be visiting my local cop shop tomorrow I think.

yeah .. lucky i called up to ask .. if not .. i'll be eating shit for the next few years ...LOL ... :(

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry i could not drive the cruise with you guys due to other commitments.

Sorry to hear about the incidents. Hopefully it will all be sorted out with little fuss.

Im glad the cruise was enjoyable otherwise. Big thanks to Brian and the rest of the crew at SilviaWA for writing the map....also to Ossie who played a part in the map. :(

cruise photos are where now :(

Hey Tom...look at it as an opportunity to go with N1 h/lights and front bar ;)

yeah. lets see some happy time fotos

I have considered that actually. Luck I didn't get the front bar fixed and resprayed like I was going to do on Wednesday :( . I need to find out what Just Car will pay for first, not sure how easily their repairers can source a 32GTR front and rear bar and grille and headlights.

I guess its better to knock into each other then some stranger... at least u can trust the people will actually go to the insurance company and sought it out fast.

There are some dodgy poeple out there that will drag on the situation as long as possible to delay pay out of excess or watever...

that was a great cruise for most people. Don called me and told me what happened; I couldn't believe it. I was going to come back and help but I was told to keep going.

For the R33s, I have my stock front bumper someone can borrow until their car is back on the road. It's silver, buts better then nothing. Oherwise someone can buy it for $150!!

Other then that I really enjoyed it. I wanted to talk to a few more people, but my passengers were being unsociable.

i think i was was cruisin near u guys for a while...low black 32 that was behind you for a bit b4 i got feed up..also purple s15 was near us????

Was a good cruise. Saw the little bingle in the city. Didn't look too good. Other than that, was a good cruise and a good map. Good work to all the organisers :(

Happy Photo's to the rescue :(

Picture022.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture013.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture007.jpg

Picture020.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Picture011.jpg

Picture0060.jpg

Edited by NISZILA

Ok... Real post time ;)

First of all, well done to everyone. Despite the small incident between the skylines we didn't have any issues. Considering the weather we all did really well. It sucks that the other guys did have a bif, but at least they're all OK :).

First leg was great, staying in a straight line was damn near impossible... I know I was slipping without the right pedal and poor old Marc couldn't turn a 90 degree corner but instead had to turn some 360 degrees :( Pity I missed it!!

Spearwood bypass was confusing as f**k but totally worth it... Brian, you win the award for "best U turn performed in traffic". You deserve it buddy and I think the guy in the ute would agree :(

Call of the day has to go for the Gateways stop when I certain S15 drove past and the call "anyone need a root?" was made.... ^5

f**ked off a lil early so I could make a home stop along the next leg koz shoes were pissing me off. Didn't have too much time to spare as it worked out so you lot mustn't have left too long after me. Met the front runners along brookton and lead them through to weir. The look on the guys face as Marc and I flew past was hilarious... Excellent little run and it's about time a cruise map used it :)

Blue VZ Commodore with Chev badges and stickers... Apparently a cop! Not that I knew when passing him the other way on weir at *insert speed*.... Hell I thought he was warning US about cops ahead when he was flashing his lights.... I was gonna give him the finger.... Probly best I didn't!

Zig zag... Dear Mr commodore driver and dog whore mrs. Please do not PARK DIRECTLY IN THE CENTRE OF THE f**kING ROAD!!!! To say I shat just a little would be a good description of what happened when I found them at *insert speed*, as did Nathan in his 33 behind me... Up until then I was having a good run tho, despite the spin (followed by some more spinning) at the first hairpin.

The back section was nice and cruisey, a quick high speed run down Roe then cruising with the traffic up until Ellen Stirling. NB: Don't clutch onto Ellen Stirling, there may Cops coming the other way....

Thanks all :D Was a tops day :D

seemed like a good cruise, saw a few silvias and skylines on corner of great northen hwy and reid hwy. sorry to hear about the inccidents though. hopefully ill be there on the next one when i join up.

Thanks to all who braved the rain and blistering cold winds to make it out to the cruise! Aside from a few small mishaps, I think it went pretty darn well! Hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Will definately have to do something like this again soon! Until next time...

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by XsQuiZiT

Was a good cruise. Saw the little bingle in the city. Didn't look too good. Other than that, was a good cruise and a good map. Good work to all the organisers :(

Happy Photo's to the rescue ;)

Nice one, something to be said for dodgey parking...interesting angles

Few random shots here, I was driving so didn't get a chance to take that many;

adoraa got the action shots - http://strich9.integratedx.com/index.php?fID=26

Cheers guys...Iz is famous :(

193k's round trip. Feel a bit second hand after it as well.

I had a good time, felt a bit like a third leg being new and all, without a navigator either, but was made to feel welcome.

Nice casual drive, tomorrow night I get to really clean the spiderwebs out. Hoping to crack into the 12's.

i think i was was cruisin near u guys for a while...low black 32 that was behind you for a bit b4 i got feed up..also purple s15 was near us????

Were you driving the black R32 with blue sparkles? Car looks good man!

Next time I need to meet more people, I dont know many of you guys off the forum. Guess I'm just too shy :(

Mr Keets, where you the GT-R who gave us directions in the city? Car looks good mate.

Good day out even though the weather wanted to be a bit of a pain to start off with, was good to catch up with soooo many people and check out some nice rides, skylines and sils.

Good to see everyone was fairly well behaved and there was only 1 incident on the first leg in the wet. Hope those people are all ok and their cars will be out and about asap.

Thanks to Brian and the SAU guys for organizing the cruise and Kerry for helping out with everything as always.

-Marc

what was the deal with the unmarked cop in the hills just off canning? i was the last one to go through and he seemed a little pissed tried to rape me for not knowing about my car lol i hear he gave a silvia trouble for no back seat as well other then that and the accident in the city it was an awesum cruise and well picked route hopefully it wont be so long between drinks for the next silvia/skyline cruise cheers to all those involved in the planning

btw maatty did you keep your front wheel on?

Edited by wagts4

what was the deal with the unmarked cop in the hills just off canning? i was the last one to go through and he seemed a little pissed tried to rape me for not knowing about my car lol i hear he gave a silvia trouble for no back seat as well other then that and the accident in the city it was an awesum cruise and well picked route hopefully it wont be so long between drinks for the next silvia/skyline cruise cheers to all those involved in the planning

I asked politely why he was taking our licenses down, said somebody came through too fast so they found it just to take down everybody's name and license details. Which I have to say is a bit stupid, I'm pretty sure the speed of one car has no relation to any other car on the road just because they have the same stickers on the window. :S

Got a bunch of photo's I'll have to upload tomorrow. But it was an awesome cruise, with a damn good turn-out for a wet day.

Oh and GO ME for being the first photo in the thread! :(

EDIT: Oh I almost forgot, with the cop car. He seemed nice and everything was fine, but just before he said I could go he was like "Do you have anything in the car I should know about? *pokes head right inside my window* Like any drugs, alcohol or firearms!?" - "No" - "Are you sure!?" - "Yes" - "Ok, you can go." --- What the feck? Seriously, where did that come from?