SAU Community

Willall Racing Buys Australia's First Official Complied/street Registered R35gtr

Nightcrawler

^i dont think it was a "blow you off" responce, he made a valid point.....and if i just spent 150k on a car i would want to focus on work to try and re-coup some of that money back aswell, not play around with cars in a carpark....all of which they have raced before :O

madaz, good luck to kier etc but haltech already have a development gtr that they have been playing with, finding it quite hard to get past the supreme computer onboard these cars, they have managed to defeat the 180km speed limiter and increase the boost, gettin the gtr down the qtr half a second quicker. (its all in the latest MOTOR if you want a good read ;) )

I think if you do your homework you'll find that he doesn't own that car but Mr Wilson (who's not short of a quid) does.

His reply stood out to me and it clearly upset Dohmar (I don't think he wanted an hour of his day) so all I'm saying is he probably didn't handle his reply too well........I know, take a teaspoon of cement, blah, blah.

Mate if you want to know busy, step in my shoes for a day!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is this "if you want to know busy" comment aimed at me or there business?lol

at the end of the day there a business, they cant be taking happy snaps with there car and others every day, yes it may be good PR but at what cost? will these people spend money at willall?

ahwell each to there own, i didnt think it was out of line, but yeh may seem a bit ruff to some

Well I think it's fairly obvious what Keir & Martin are going to do with it... Drive it everywhere!!!

I drove the car today for a short lap out on Port Wakefield road & even though I didnt get past 4th

gear you can tell it is a very fast car. Going to be lots of fun in the hills, particularly a bit further out

where are more open stretches.

New gearbox is excellent, driving position great, love the interior & general quality of this car.

It comes on boost almost instantly & you have to be quick with the paddles before it runs out of revs.

Not like a modified RB26 that just keeps on pulling but you have to wait for it or be in the right gear.

I have only just had a little taste but will definately be back for more.

We have lost interest in Drag racing due to a number of factors (no track & too many breakages)

& have been taking our cars out to private track days at Mallala. Next month the new GTR is going

out for some testing against Keir's Gallardo which will be very interesting. The Lambo is faster & will

out brake the R35 but takes lots of skill to drive to the limits where the GTR might be easier to push

at 10/10ths & may surprise us all.

It will be my 3rd time out there in my R33 & cant wait to race against the R35.

I am sure it wont stay standard for long & is very exciting to see what will happen with this amazing car.

Back in 1991 Keir was one of the first customers in Adelaide to put his money where his mouth was &

actually buy a brand new Aussie delivered R32 GTR & that same car is now a 9 second street driven legend.

(The 8 second R32 was built up from a shell so he didnt have to cut up the Aussie one)

Now, 17 years later, he is the first to own the R35 GTR in Adelaide & he deserves to be. Good on him.

He didnt do it to be a big deal, he is a genuine enthusiast, & he has done it for all of us to enjoy with him & why not!

Hopefully by this time next year there will be dozens of them cruising around. GO R35.

While on the topic of Keirs Silver 32 does any one have a copy of the vid of it that used to be on the old JMS site?

The vid was taken from the right lane with Keir in the right lane. From memory it ran an 8.8/8.9. The noise of that thing was awesome.

at the end of the day there a business, they cant be taking happy snaps with there car and others every day, yes it may be good PR but at what cost? will these people spend money at willall?

Well I hardly see the difference between an invite to come down to a workshop to check the car out as being anything but a pr exercise, and its granted people are going to want to take pics if they are so invited.

Either one is going to take time, or put traffic in their workshop. And I did ask for a convenient time. But stuff it. Theres one more customer those guys will never get. I'm sure theyre positively shitting wads of hundred dollar bills, so I don't expect them to lose any sleep over it.

-D

While on the topic of Keirs Silver 32 does any one have a copy of the vid of it that used to be on the old JMS site?

The vid was taken from the right lane with Keir in the right lane. From memory it ran an 8.8/8.9. The noise of that thing was awesome.

I've got one of him doing a solo run in the right lane from the old JMS site, runs a 9.51

Well I think it's fairly obvious what Keir & Martin are going to do with it... Drive it everywhere!!!

I drove the car today for a short lap out on Port Wakefield road & even though I didnt get past 4th

gear you can tell it is a very fast car. Going to be lots of fun in the hills, particularly a bit further out

where are more open stretches.

New gearbox is excellent, driving position great, love the interior & general quality of this car.

It comes on boost almost instantly & you have to be quick with the paddles before it runs out of revs.

Not like a modified RB26 that just keeps on pulling but you have to wait for it or be in the right gear.

I have only just had a little taste but will definately be back for more.

We have lost interest in Drag racing due to a number of factors (no track & too many breakages)

& have been taking our cars out to private track days at Mallala. Next month the new GTR is going

out for some testing against Keir's Gallardo which will be very interesting. The Lambo is faster & will

out brake the R35 but takes lots of skill to drive to the limits where the GTR might be easier to push

at 10/10ths & may surprise us all.

It will be my 3rd time out there in my R33 & cant wait to race against the R35.

I am sure it wont stay standard for long & is very exciting to see what will happen with this amazing car.

Back in 1991 Keir was one of the first customers in Adelaide to put his money where his mouth was &

actually buy a brand new Aussie delivered R32 GTR & that same car is now a 9 second street driven legend.

(The 8 second R32 was built up from a shell so he didnt have to cut up the Aussie one)

Now, 17 years later, he is the first to own the R35 GTR in Adelaide & he deserves to be. Good on him.

He didnt do it to be a big deal, he is a genuine enthusiast, & he has done it for all of us to enjoy with him & why not!

Hopefully by this time next year there will be dozens of them cruising around. GO R35.

Well said John.

Most of the current SAU crew weren't on the forums (many didn't even have a licence) when John, Kier and Martin - along with a few other - were regulars on this forum. If it weren't for these guys the skyline/import scene wouldn't be a fraction of what it is today. They have all earned a certain amount of respect, so let them say their piece and move on.

Good to hear your 33 is going again, hope to see it in action some time.

His reply stood out to me and it clearly upset Dohmar (I don't think he wanted an hour of his day) so all I'm saying is he probably didn't handle his reply too

does it really take an hour to park a car in a line up of waiting skylines and take a couple of photo's???? :D maybe its already in that high a state of tune it no longer has park. :D

there car there choice but it wouldnt take that much effort

play nice kiddies :)

Edited by Inline 6

If it weren't for these guys the skyline/import scene wouldn't be a fraction of what it is today.

I'm sure gran turismo and the fast and furious played a fair descent part in expanding the import scene too :)