SAU Community

Meguiar's Nxt Generation Products

INVRTD

Your thoughts   

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Meguiar's is a name often sworn by many enthusiasts so I thought that Saturday's lovely weather was the perfect opportunity to put Meguiar's NXT Gen Car Wash &Tech Wax 2.0 to the test.

techwax2resisedinbox.jpgwash.jpg

Unfortunately my current situation sees my R33 outside 24/7, near an airport and in Canberra's fluctuating weather, so I struggle to keep it looking clean.

P9202535.jpg

"Before the cleaning begins (the results of its storage clearly obvious)"

First off the car was given a rinse to remove as much contaminants as possible. Then I set about mixing the car wash up, there's a quick easy flip top lid for ease of use. This does however require you to guess the right amount of liquid, or the lid can be removed and used to measure out 4 cap fulls. The wash process is the same as all others working the top done. It was noticeable however that there was a lot more soap foam then other washes I have used. I was quite happy with the ability of the wash to lift dirt and alike substances from the surface; however some stronger stubborn contaminants would not come off.

After drying the car off it was time for the Tech Wax. One of the first things I noticed was that the Applicator, it fitted snuggle in hand and is easy to wield whilst applying the wax.

x3070_NXT_HighTechApplicator.jpg

The liquid wax makes application easy, just keep squeezing out a little of the wax onto the applicator pad as required and then work it onto the body. I applied the wax to sections of the car at a time until the car was covered. The instructions say to clean the car in a cool shaded style area; doing so under a tree however makes it hard to see where the wax has been applied. After allowing the wax to dry for a couple of hours, I buffed it off with a Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber. These cloths are awsome. They are large in comparison to other brands, very soft on the surface of the car preventing swirls and it felt liek it was doing what is was supposed to.

The Results

Overall I am very happy with the results that the Nxt Generation products have achieved on my car. I have not seen my car look quite this good in the time that i have owned it. The Meguiar's range is available at Autobarn and through their online store at www.meguiars.com.au. So get out there and give it a go.

P9212593.jpg

P9212601.jpg

P9212602.jpg

"Nice and shiny Much "

I woulnt use anything else on my showcar, the results are awesome. Meguiars just keep on gettin better and better. The main thing i found with the wax is not only the super shine, but that the repelling of dust. it just looks cleaner and is easier to clean after using.

They do have some good products in their cleaners and Detailer range and washes. but their Polishes just dont last, I am Using Collinite at the moment, gives a way better shine and stays on for 6 months, where NXT would only last a month if lucky. And that strange what I put in the poll hasnt come up correctly :D

Edited by R31Heaven

Trav 33

Well that will teach me for writing a review after little sleep for a couple days,

My association with Meguiar's is that i am reviewing products for them and gathering information about improvements and suggestions that can be made. So in a form market research, and promotion.

All i recieve for this is to be supplied with products, im not paid, and my loyalties remain with forum members.

R31Heaven ill be writing a list of suggestions for Meguiar's after a few weeks, ill pass that on.

regards

Alex

Been using meguires for a while now and recently moved to techwax, but overall i'm not too ecstatic about the result. I might give poorboys a try next time around.

i sent off an email with some intial feedback to meguiar's this morning about life of the wax, i got the following.

"Also, you may get feedback that the Tech Wax gives a great shine, but doesn’t last that long. The version 2.0 that you have was recently launched and lasts much longer than the original version, and also has much higher water beading properties."

i shall be able to comment further on this as i wash, quick detail the car over the comming weeks and months so we can see what the real results are.

regards

alex

Basically the was finish is only as good as the prep work before application.

My r34 GTR took over 25hours over a period of several days to complete and involved alot of elbow grease.

I am an avid fan of meguairs and use nothing but!

basically to get the best results you must

-wash

-Use meguiars chemical paint cleaner

-Use meguairs claybar and quickdetailer x 2 passes

-Rewash

-Use meguiars step 2 polish which is a non-abrasive

-Finally apply 2 coatings of NXT gen wax.

-Use nothing but microfibre towels for removal of products and meguiars applicator pads.

-I also covered the car with a satin bedsheet overnight between stages.

The wax is a synthetic and will last a looooooong time

Forgot to add

The paint test technique

-Wash the car and shammy dry

-Take a plastic freezer bag and put your hand in it

-Feel the cars paint

-If the car has bonded contaminants it will feel bumpy, even like sandpaper.

2 weeks ago I finished putting 3 coats of Meguiars - DeepCrystal Carnabua Wax...

Not to bad, I'd say average for the price you are paying.

I spend quite alot of time waxing though and I am quite generous when applying the wax. I also leave it to dry completely before I use 1 cloth to remove the wax well then another cloth to finish it... Takes a while... I noticed anything less than that proceedure and my results where shit.

If anything, I'm trying to find some stuff my step-dad ... It's friggen old. I got to put 2 coats on my car before his last bottle ran out.

It's SOLVEX one-step polymer sealant diamond hard.

Here is a pic of the bottle -

post-50568-1222073357_thumb.jpg

He told me, the way they showed off what this did was put 3 coats of this on a random persons car, then threw a cat onto the bonnet. The cat slowly slid off the car lol.

Out of my 3 coats of this I put on, it looked like I had a layer of glass all through my car. Also, when it rained my car stayed very white and its friggen easy as to clean when there is dirt on there.

johnny,

would be very interested in seeing some of your pics up here, thats a fair amount of effort mate that you put in, should be proud of that,

yes very much like to see some photos

Sure mate, here a link to my dyno thread, second post i have some pics of the car. Notice the mirror reflections on the bonnet lolz.

Pics

I have used nothing but the meguairs range for a long time, tried turtle wax and threw 2 bottles away just 2 days ago.

I have had much experience on my 03 e46 silver BMW, my black r33 s2, yellow s15 200sx.

cheers

Johnny

very nice ride mate, cant wait to be able to afford a 34 gtr v, hopefully thats before petrol runs out, lol

Sure mate, here a link to my dyno thread, second post i have some pics of the car. Notice the mirror reflections on the bonnet lolz.

Pics

I have used nothing but the meguairs range for a long time, tried turtle wax and threw 2 bottles away just 2 days ago.

I have had much experience on my 03 e46 silver BMW, my black r33 s2, yellow s15 200sx.

cheers

Johnny

I have used the Nxt gen on my old Hilux with faded paint and powdercoat [on the bullbar, rollbar, towbar etc] and it made the old thing shine like a new one with stuff all elbow grease required.

If I'd done it with anything else I reckon I would have had to rub and polish till the paint fell off. It helped me sell the 4wd.

I also used it on my Skyline - which has good std paint, no fade - after using the Meguiars stripper and to be honest, it came up OK, but not excellent. up until then I was using Meguiar's WetLook which is a non synthetic polish and the car always comes up brilliant with it. I changed because of my success with the Hilux, and because I was looking for a longer lasting finish. Unfortunately this didn't happen, so no real advantage in using the Nxt gen over the Wetlook. Maybe Ver2 will answer the problem, but I've got a bottle of wetlook and Ver1 Nxt Gen to get through first.