SAU Community

Tuned..... 1002hp R34 T88gk 18cm Monster!

STATUS

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah not real good for the temp probe though. (the one we used is farked now)

P.s Nice article they did of your car in HPI...got it infront of me now :D

there is ZERO way to fudge the dyno it has ZERO owner inputs which affect power output. Car saw the track a week or so and had a few issues apparentley so was unable to complete a full run but from what i heard from some of my other customers the cars was still sideways at 3/4 when it came close to taking out the timing box :) so hopefully they can fine some speed and put a decent time on the cards.

id be happy fo the car to go to another dyno under my supervision and run by the owner of said dyno and if ames wnats to do that i wld even pay for the time, but at the end of the day neither i or the customer have anything to prove... it is his car and his perogative.

i could post up another batch of cars making well over 700hp that have proven themselves at national dyno comps but that doesnt seem to make a differrence....... i dont need to prove anything to anyone other than the customer if they are happy then thats all that matters.

hi mr dyno queen

any up date for us??

where is your 1000hp ??

love the full story from your company point of view

what happen to the motor?

:):mellow::bunny: :bunny:

Edited by andrewmoon

hi mr dyno queen

any up date for us??

where is your 1000hp ??

:):mellow::bunny: :bunny:

Where is your work in this industry that allows you to bag out other people?

company point of view?? its his company which makes it his view, what do you expect, you want him to get someone else to tune it and then give a point of view on it?

Where is your work in this industry that allows you to bag out other people?

company point of view?? its his company which makes it his view, what do you expect, you want him to get someone else to tune it and then give a point of view on it?

hi champ

it's simple thing.

car made 1002hp on URAS's work shop

why made 30~40% less on the autosaloon?

interesting to know why and how URAS think.

don't you think everyone here would love to hear more from URAS?

maybe not everyone want to hear this. but i would love to get feed back from them.

Yeah not real good for the temp probe though. (the one we used is farked now)

P.s Nice article they did of your car in HPI...got it infront of me now :)

Thanks man, appreciate it :mellow:

hi champ

it's simple thing.

maybe not everyone want to hear this. but i would love to get feed back from them.

I suggest you read through the 17 pages of posts. Your answers are in there somewhere amongst the mindless dribble you have contributed so well to.

hi mr dyno queen

any up date for us??

where is your 1000hp ??

:):mellow::bunny::bunny:

you really are an idiot....

for a start he didn't build the motor...

the full story is all here... you have to read if you want info...

what happened to the engine? what was the MPH ?

Whoever blames the tuner should be banned.

Spoke to james the other day and it seems a gudgeon broke at high rpm. A new motor is in the works and will be on the dyno as soon as its finished.

As for all the dyno queen bullshit ive had more than a dozen cases of cars leaving my dyno for another shop and verifying the figures.... ill stand by my statement that any car that runs on my dyno has the gaurantee that if it runs substanially less on another dyno i will retune /refund thier tuning costs plus the cost of the other run.

i have had over 20 cars in the past 8 months pull well over 500rwkw and 3 come within cooee of this car (all not posted on here as the customers dont want to deal with jealous wankers putting it down....) ive got no need to pump the results as i dont build most of the cars... only tune them, the results are due to thier hard work as much as mine. In fact the tuner has the easy job as a well sorted car will pull good numbers easy.

hi champ

it's simple thing.

everyone knows the car was at melb autosalon on semis (semis and dynos dont mix) and was not allowed to run again on the correct tyres. If i had been informed earlier i could have overseen the runs and made sure the car was roller friendly as ive done at numerous other comps....

If any unbelievers are willing to put there money where their mouth is im willing to wager a hefty sum on the major slip incurred (2wd) from running semis on thier car for a dyno demo........ im glad to even supply the semis....

Edited by URAS

I suggest you read through the 17 pages of posts. Your answers are in there somewhere amongst the mindless dribble you have contributed so well to.

He doesn't even know how to write properly, how do you expect him to read?

He failed before he even started

everyone knows the car was at melb autosalon on semis (semis and dynos dont mix) and was not allowed to run again on the correct tyres. If i had been informed earlier i could have overseen the runs and made sure the car was roller friendly as ive done at numerous other comps....

If any unbelievers are willing to put there money where their mouth is im willing to wager a hefty sum on the major slip incurred (2wd) from running semis on thier car for a dyno demo........ im glad to even supply the semis....

Good reply mate, you sound like a pretty level bloke.

Trent please post up a copy of the runs using SAE correction.

this will allow and apples to apples comparison.

DIN correction gives an inflated power figure thats more like engine hp than wheel hp. (a point i was trying to point out a start of thread)

Thanks

Were trap speeds obtained from any run ?

Edited by DiRTgarage

Just had a quick skim through this thread... wow a lot of different views and opinions. i also wanted to give my 2 cents regarding the Hub vs Roller dyno (eg, Dynapack vs DD) debate based on my experience.

firstly this statement - all chassis dynos are designed to give an 'accurate as possible' indication of engine power/torque. with that said, it should be realised that actual engine power is one thing, being able to measure is though a chassis dyno of some sort is another. Other than the actual force applied at the load cell, approximations are used.

very clearly the Hub dyno is the winner for consistency and repeatability, although in most cases generally will read 10-15% higher compared to a Roller dyno simply because they do not have to deal with the additional drivetrain losses (wheels/tyres) and friction between the tyre and roller. These figures vary so much from car to car that there is no way to compensate for it, so it is literally ignored on a Hub dyno, with 10-15% being the approximate. Note that i did say 'in most cases' as it is possible for the additional drivetrain and friction losses to be negligible, which is why the software doesn't make its own assumptions.

On a Roller dyno, ramping up cars in different gears can sometimes yield different results, but this indicates sometimes large fluctuations in friction/slip at the roller as the tractive effort increases/decreases. A car that also 'climbs' the front roller will usually read a higher figure, as there is less rolling resistence and friction at the tyre as it is no longer riding on the back roller. A Roller dyno relies on consistent strapping/chocking, climbing, tyre pressure, tyre compound, gear selection, etc, to get good accuracy and repeatability - obviously all of these variables are eliminated in a Hub dyno.

In summary i can say that Hub dynos DO read 10-15% higher most of the time and can have better consistency/repeatibility compared to Roller dynos, although it is not all that hard for the Roller dyno operator to ensure the same consistency/repeatibility on ANY car if they are paying attention, meaning a lot of the time it comes down to the individual operator/tuner. The more experience a tuner has, the less of an issue this usually becomes.

As for this R34 making over 1000hp... completely accurate or not, it should be in the vicinity of 1000hp based on the information in this thread.

Trent please post up a copy of the runs using SAE correction.

this will allow and apples to apples comparison.

DIN correction gives an inflated power figure thats more like engine hp than wheel hp. (a point i was trying to point out a start of thread)

Thanks

Were trap speeds obtained from any run ?

just to let you know the opposite is true :), attached are the SAE dyno graphs. I posted the most conservative power correction to avoid said accusations :P I run mine in DIN unless specified by the engine builder (some engine dyno's i deal with are very specific).

By running mine in DIN i can match the two most compared (in my basic demographic) VIC dyno's almost to a tee. In SAE i tend to find im about 10rwkw to high on said dynos. I prefer my cars to pull higher numbers on the dyno dynamics dynos.

post-34927-1241854305_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1241854329_thumb.jpg

Edited by URAS

As for this R34 making over 1000hp... completely accurate or not, it should be in the vicinity of 1000hp based on the information in this thread.

Very valid point...any decent RB (and dont forget this is an HKS 2.8) with a T88-38GK Feeding shit tins of air down its throat is gonna produce some serious power.

Just because at the Melbourne HairSalon its didnt make the numbers on "that day" doesnt mean it doesnt make 1000hp.

Ill put 100 buckos on the table for all those nubs who are rubbishing Trent saying he fudged figures. To turn around tune a 1000hp RB and keep it alive for longer than 5mins

After a sleepless night last night anticipating how to handle tuning possibly australia's tuffest R34 GTT (built by James @ OH Performance) things went remarkably smooth. With a smidge over 2bar we cracked 1002HP ATW (746.8rwKW) and 1046NM!!!! more than enough to kill any illusion that i would be able to keep top dog on my own dyno with my own unfinished project (twin T04Z turboed 427ci windsor 77' LTD)

Who said PFC's cant handle HP????

Actually this car was not built by James form OH performance. It was actually Imported form japan. It is actually the R34 GTT by Reckless in japan . There was a article on this car on the High performance import magazine when it was still in japan.

James simply Repainted it. The seats still have the Reckless embossed on it.

They should of kept it the Original color... Still an amazing car tho.