SAU Community

Latest News About Hoons

jaqule

Beenleigh is now Logan tho... So that might change their stats :cool:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Training people is the only answer. I honestly feel most people do not understand their acttions because they have nothing to compair it to. Obviously it will back fire on some people. You give them more skills they will use them in a bad way, but I feel generally it would help.

That and did they mention the drink/drug driving numbers? I dare say they are higher and potentially more dangerous, yet have softer penalities.

That and we all know, most of the stuff confiscated isn't the crazy fast good gear, they are all too 'smart'.

I belive Police run training and events like the old Operation DRAG , could help curve the HOON culture and steer it towards a more constructive mindset of young male's. This is a problem that has been around for generations not just a sudden event, so obviously a heavy hand is not working, maybe it's time for a lending hand insted. Avanced driving programs, police run Track, Drifting and Drag events where police and RTA can educate young males in car control and legal car modification.

Posted by: Beau of Gold Coast 10:13am today

I think this comment from that article sums it up perfectly, since they closed the drag strip down there, Willowbank is the only option left, so they take it to the street. What did the council think would happen?

i might care if these residents were not such piss poor drivers themselves. Seriously the average driver is shithouse, always pulling out in front of me, not staying in their lane, speeding etc. Ill take my chances with the "hoons".

However there are some wankers out there that just dont learn, give the people who have learnt to take such antics off road a bad name, and i think deserve some serious penalties. Perhaps they could be banned from driving anything with more than 50kw :cool:

So I was watching the tv just then and some shit news preview came on saying "QLDs worst suburbs for hoons" Im 90% sure the footage they had with the voiceover was something from the Archerfield drift track.... f*king gay as.

Out of ALL the hooning news reports/blogs/comments I have read, this one rates about the...

same as every other one

I have honestly come to the conclusion that there are just so many hoon news reports and shit, that they are only doing it so the actual hooners read it and go 'omfg I better stop'

until there is enough suitable venues that are convenient for "HOONS" and enthusiasts to do what they enjoy then this will keep happening on the street pissing people off, and giving them something to whinge about.

I say let them whinge, let them carry on until they build something its just gunna get worse and worse for them, some off the unlucky will be caught but majority will get away with it and keep filling the neighbourhood with smoke and there ears with tyres screeching.

I think you would be dreaming thinking that they will build a suitable venue, some old bat will get on his or her high horse and shut it down before its built screaming that its going to affect there glaucoma or prosthetic hip or there will be some other bullshit excuse from some local councillor who has had the same old bat in there overpaid ear........

but ive been wrong once before.

So here is what happened to me today. So im parked at a servo today blah blah blah finished filling up my OLD POS Honda legend with fuel and im inside paying. I look out at the window at some old timer who has attempted to fit between my car and a petrol bouser and has pritty much taken the paint, bumper bar, and rashed the entire side of my car and he takes off down the road. I've run out got in my car to to take off and get him number plate (Not at an accessive speed, but my wheels did spin chirp as i came out of the driveway of the servo) Little did I know, there was an undercover cop car beside me and before I know it he has pulled me over and is giving me a run down on accessive noise and hooning. He saw the the bloke hit the side of my car, ignored it and has pulled me over for a minor offense.

Now I didnt think about it at the time but as he explained to me service station have video footage 24 hours a day, fair enough... but the minor offender in this situation was the one that was punished because of this whole hoon situation and I'm a younger looking bloke. Theres a level of policeing (cant spell) I find fair enough, the level that stop people drifting on public roads and doing excessive speeds etc, but then theres the police that wanto play hero in public and pull over someone who has a clean record and has unitentionally "squeeked" a wheel leaving a driveway. If I had spun my wheels the whole way up the road, fine pull me over but I've seen disabled people commit worse offenses in there motorized wheel chairs than what I did today.

Quite angry about the whole thing really. On the brighter it was my POS daily car that got hit.

+1 for a daily :kiss:

driving behind some middle aged man in a stock new commy the other day, we come up to some cyclists so what does he do? swerves around them and at the same time floors the car, the sounds that came out the exhaust were prertty extreme for a stock car and the whole move was so dangerous.

Cops would never look twice at him and because it didnt have an exhaust then there no way it could have been speeding lol, then again he probably was an ex pig

So I was watching the tv just then and some shit news preview came on saying "QLDs worst suburbs for hoons" Im 90% sure the footage they had with the voiceover was something from the Archerfield drift track.... f*king gay as.

Actually......the "hoon" campaign for Main Roads shows that the gold coast and south brisbane has the highest amount of offenders. And i can legally give you these stats, if you would like them goto the weekly report for fatalities in QLD YTD ( year to date). https://www.webcrash.transport.qld.gov.au/webcrash2/ ( goto the weekly report).

Now im going to add something to this about the hoon bit, not sure if it has been said, however since i have access to the facts by a great change of luck and life ill let you all know.

1. The "hooning/ young driver fatality" campaign started with showing which catagory was the highest death toll on the road ( yup 17 24 year olds)

..actually let me break it down for you how the report and campaign started.

Serious Injury ( severity 1 & 2 - Fatal / Hospitalized) caused by young drivers (17-20 & 20 -24) driving high performance vehicles (8 cylinders) sorted by year.

Now i spoke to the senior advisor about this, as the 8 cylinder sorting does not include HPV such as 6 turbo's or 4 turbo's. Problem is that the system does not recogonise turbos as a valid entry ( same with QLD transport for registration, it does it only by cylinders). So by putting in specific makes of cars it would come out with inaccurate data (as 6 cylinder would also bring up things like a Magna, long story easier to explain it in person as its a lot of typing - that said i really should come to a dinner again and ill be happy to explain some other interesting facts).

So the only accurate data they could use was 8 cylinders. Now this does not count fatalities based on the cars we use(Skylines), however cops are not that silly to not notice whats a sports car.

So the original report given and then bought to the public eye was based on the best data available ( it is pretty close to the mark, and for it to get to the public it went through a LOT of hoops, ministers have to approve etc etc).

So the next part of this "hooning" goes to another team, registration.

For someone to be registered as a "hoon" on the system ( thats how they create reports for hoons, a query based on registrations with the flag of "hoon") you have to have a STRING.. and i mean a STRING of offences before the word "hoon" comes up.. so honestly if you have "hoon" on your details.. you deserve it ( no flack plz from a sob story who thinks they did nothing to get "hoon". i 100% dont believe you).

And then the information is then supplied to the police based on SLA ( statistical location area) and then they target the highest numbers. So if theres a lot of hoons in one area, thats where they are going.

I hope they catch more, it will help reduce the fatalities on the road and its working as we are now 7.79% compared to the S.Deviation across australia (based on population/kms/kms travelled). Which is the lowest fatality rate we have had since accurate data was recorded from 1952.

- This is also my opinion on the matter and is no way the reflection of how QLD transport as a body sees it. The stats however are accurate

For someone to be registered as a "hoon" on the system ( thats how they create reports for hoons, a query based on registrations with the flag of "hoon") you have to have a STRING.. and i mean a STRING of offences before the word "hoon" comes up.. so honestly if you have "hoon" on your details.. you deserve it ( no flack plz from a sob story who thinks they did nothing to get "hoon". i 100% dont believe you).

The problem is even the people who are not labelled "Hoons" who enjoy driving there pride posetions (in the case of this website skylines) are target for modifications etc. My own father (a 47 year old man) was defected on his r34 skyline while doing nothing wrong for minor things such as a BOV not plumb back and unsecure pod. He was target for the type of car he drove, and im damn sure the police didnt expect to see an older guy behind the wheel, but they fined him anyways.

I believe its no longer about road fatalities (I'm sure somewhere along the line someone had good intentions to stop hoons at play) but they have expanded there policing of the situation towards ALL performance car drivers. Now I'm not claiming to know the answer of how to fix the hooning problems, and I've seen numerous websites asking us non offenders to assist in reporting the Hoons, but Im not going to go reporting incidences to a police officer if his gana say, "THNX for letting us know, now would you mind popping your bonnet so I can defect your vehicle"

QLD may be the Hoons state, but I've seen mums in mini vans do stupider things than a burnout in an empty carpark.

(I've seen mums in mini vans do stupider things than a burnout in an empty carpark.) - didnt come out properly lol but u get my jist.

Just my 2 Cents.

it's funny because i havent' been pulled over once, yet. and thats been 2-3 months since i got my car.

the police have had plenty of chances to pull me over, (ie. booze busses, and following me until they turn off to another street)

maybe it's just me but, i figure if i drive like a f*ck head, im gonna get pulled over.

honestly don't bitch and whinge on here about being stung for an offence, u got caught just cop it.

it's funny because i havent' been pulled over once, yet. and thats been 2-3 months since i got my car.

the police have had plenty of chances to pull me over, (ie. booze busses, and following me until they turn off to another street)

maybe it's just me but, i figure if i drive like a f*ck head, im gonna get pulled over.

honestly don't bitch and whinge on here about being stung for an offence, u got caught just cop it.

The only time I've ever been pulled over for an "offence" as such was trying to get some guys number plate that hit my car, an inscident which the cops observed and ignored. The guy hit my car and ran for it... I didnt even commit an offence as such, was'nt hooning, didnt take off at an accesive rate, I was in a rush to get the guys number plate but I didnt commit an offence. So im not bitching and whingeing about being done for an illegal act. Im bitching because the cop didnt do his job.

My post wasnt directed at the people who commit illegal offences or break the law and cop it... they deserve what they get. But people driving performance cars that dont get targeted or pulled over just for the car they drive is a small and lucky minority. I can name over ten incidents where I have been in a mates car and they have been pulled over, drug searched, license checked, engine checked, etc etc and the list goes on and on for no reason but there young, there in an nice car, they arnt hooning so lets get em for something else.

Theres a big diference between being pulled over for doing the wrong thing, and being pulled over for doing or trying to do the right thing.

The only time I've ever been pulled over for an "offence" as such was trying to get some guys number plate that hit my car, an inscident which the cops observed and ignored. The guy hit my car and ran for it... I didnt even commit an offence as such, was'nt hooning, didnt take off at an accesive rate, I was in a rush to get the guys number plate but I didnt commit an offence. So im not bitching and whingeing about being done for an illegal act. Im bitching because the cop didnt do his job.

My post wasnt directed at the people who commit illegal offences or break the law and cop it... they deserve what they get. But people driving performance cars that dont get targeted or pulled over just for the car they drive is a small and lucky minority. I can name over ten incidents where I have been in a mates car and they have been pulled over, drug searched, license checked, engine checked, etc etc and the list goes on and on for no reason but there young, there in an nice car, they arnt hooning so lets get em for something else.

Theres a big diference between being pulled over for doing the wrong thing, and being pulled over for doing or trying to do the right thing.

Yeah i have had silvias and skylines ( getting another one) and never been pulled over.

Got pulled over in my first ever car ( hyungai) but that was because i was stupid.

Also the reports about speeding / crashing and "young drivers at risk / hoons" the highest area is Southside (Logan / Beenleigh) and the Gold coast.

Luckily enough northside is about 4-5th on the radar.

So of course they are going to target that area.

However the senior statisican is going to show them something very interesting about their enforcement policies and what they could do to improve effectiveness about it.

When he showed me i was extremely impressesed,it rocks to work for him and i think they are very lucky to have him as a stat consultant.

im not bitching and whingeing about being done for an illegal act. Im bitching because the cop didnt do his job.

bud i wasn't having a chop at you.

im talking about ppl that r actually doing sumthing wrong.

like the guy in the spotted thread saying he was doing 220klm/h and got caught.

don't get me wrong some cops don't do their jobs properly, but the majority of them do.

also keep in mind statistics are statistics for a reason fella's.

Just thought I'd add my 2c...

I believe that cops definately target types of cars, not poor driving.

I've only owned 4 cars since I started driving.... WB one tonner, VK 5L, corolla and my R34.

Out of all of those I've had the corolla the longest by about 2 years over any other car, have done about 40000 more km's in it than any other, and yet it's the only one I HAVEN'T been pulled over in.

In my ute I got targeted especially on my way home from work on a friday/saturday. The commodore I would have pulled over too, cause it was a heap of shit lol so no probs with that 1. And lucky last my skyline. I got pulled over 3 nights in a row just driving home from my girlfriends place. Doing the speed limit, nothing wrong. Just got the usual "this is a random breath test" and then the rest of the usual crap.

But in 4 years of driving my corolla, day, night, rain, hail and shine.....nothing....

Yeah right they don't target certain types of cars....

Does anybody know of any places in brisbane that are like flat abandoned industrial estates with gravel roads??? Somewhere like this seems like the only place where one could really have some fun.