SAU Community

Autobarn

jase-r34

That or get new arms not just the rubbers...

to be honest the last 2 times I did buy them with the arms and all and they worked fine for a few months....but now all those shiny metal parts in them are rusting and the wipers are cactus.....But I been wondering about those silicon ones.....I think I will give them a go very soon....more than likely I will go for those Bosch ones...they look pretty good

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a good way to tell if the Autobarn ur going to has ppl that know what there on about. Look outside at the cars out front.. if theres some genuine street machines that have obviously had some decent work done on em, fair chances are that there will be some people in the store that know what there on about. If you see Hyundais with 'bling' hubcaps and Riced out lancers then you might have to question yourself.

The autobarn in my town (port macquarie nsw) has some very smart employees. 3-4 of which are very knowledgable in the way an engine works, what parts are what in the engine and will tell the difference between a BOV and a Pod filter (most cops for some reason cannot).

><

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe you guys are still bitchin & moanin about Autobarn..has anyone ever had a good experience in there?..count me out!

It's just an upmarket SuperCheap where the pimply 17 year old expert they page is going to solve all your problems..

damn, don't you just hate the way they zero in on you and say "can I help you"..like that'll be the day..

The best place 'ever' was QPD, they could get you anything..I mean 'anything' in half a days notice, and they all shaved, even the chicks..and actually knew everything about anything..quality parts and it all fitted and cheap..even Australian made! and Sundays!

So what happened..they went out of business, because everyone was at Autobarn!

Starting to feel depressed..

time for a bundy..

Edited by FTO

damn, don't you just hate the way they zero in on you and say "can I help you"..like that'll be the day..

So you'd rather walk into a store where every one ignores you and no one asks whether you need some help?

Your an idiot.

• 11 months later...

"Autobarn are Hopeless" Youre fkn right there. Next time i wanna know something about pencils ill go there because every store ive visited knows absolutely buggerall about cars, and ohmagosh they have a markup that would scare the hell outta an arab prince!!

I agree, some Autobarns really suck >.< I asked for a filter for my oil cooler/relocator once and I told the spares guy what I needed as I couldn't find it and his like, noooo you actually need this one because I have that same relocator, (I had the oil filter adaptor in hand) He put it on and it did fit, I went home installed the oil cooler & relocator kit, started up the car and my penrite started pissing out of the relocator, the filter fit fine but the thread was wrong, dammit ... I probably should have double checked but yeah, sometimes they need to give up being retail mechanics and let me get the one I orginally wanted, LOL... in saying this, I stopped going there and the one I go to now are good :( /rant

ROFL

I was a good customer to Autobarn for some years....very unprofessional if ur a car enthusiast

my experience was a badly installed turbosmart eboost2 which required many visits to the autobarn workshop only to chew the seals and eff the blades of a newish high-flowed CT26 on a 88 supra i owned waaaaay back

so ill go with the croud and advise everyone to stay away from em...ur better of doing a backyarder job than having them install anything at their workshop

go local if u ask me

another time i got 2 sets of 4 platinum iridum spark plugs.. i asked if they priced match with other places..

they said no.. so i put them on the table and walked off.. guys asks what i was doing... i said i was going to save myself $30 odd bucks and walked out..

if you need help from morons mate...your the idiot.

better late than never.

Funny thing is i worked at one part time during uni while doing Engineering and i think i know a thing or two about cars :) Two sides to every story, for every idiot that you think works at one, there are 10 other idiots that own skylines that come into Autobarn that don't know the difference between a wastegate and a blow off valve. So where does that put you?

Edited by PM-R33

Autobarn is alright, they're my 'go to' between repco and super cheap. At macgregor they know basic stuff, but if you ask a harder question, they usually get a guy from the back which will answer your question. Only complaint from me is they don't open early enough on saturdays, but ehh, you get that.

If i need filters, plugs, belts or fluids i will go where ever sells the right product at a good price (im not going to all of them to save 0.99c on my penrite). If i need anything else i go to.........NISSAN.

LOL at this thread, probably more so cuz im actually sitting on my ass at work (Supercheap Auto) while reading it :)

I'll b the first to admit 90% of the guys here dont know shit :)

here is an example from my own store. guy who works here owns a r34 4 door na.

First of all he thought it was turbo when he bought it.... fail

now he comes up to me and says what oil should he put in it, naturally i tell him if he can reccommend oil to a customer he should b able to pick his own f*$%in oil... so he goes and picks out 20W50 *facepalm* and then to add insult to injury he asks me if this is the right oil for his 2L engine. Im like its a rb25, n he goes nar its a 2L so i tell him to show me. He opens the bonnet and points to a small sticker on the right strut tower.... A sticker which is completely in japanese except for one tiny little bit in the right hand corner which says 2L.

We all just need to keep in mind that if you are going to go for the convenience.... you may not always get the quality you want :)

LOL at this thread, probably more so cuz im actually sitting on my ass at work (Supercheap Auto) while reading it :P

I'll b the first to admit 90% of the guys here dont know shit :D

here is an example from my own store. guy who works here owns a r34 4 door na.

First of all he thought it was turbo when he bought it.... fail

now he comes up to me and says what oil should he put in it, naturally i tell him if he can reccommend oil to a customer he should b able to pick his own f*$%in oil... so he goes and picks out 20W50 *facepalm* and then to add insult to injury he asks me if this is the right oil for his 2L engine. Im like its a rb25, n he goes nar its a 2L so i tell him to show me. He opens the bonnet and points to a small sticker on the right strut tower.... A sticker which is completely in japanese except for one tiny little bit in the right hand corner which says 2L.

We all just need to keep in mind that if you are going to go for the convenience.... you may not always get the quality you want :)

which SCA?