SAU Community

Stories Of Imbeciles Trying To Race You

JamesK

Hoons, Racer, Ricer, Driver?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Awesome puppy Adam. As you said, they DO get the good looking girls to stop you in the street.

As for the vote, I chose driver. Like what most other people have said so far, 98% granny driver with the occasional run every now and then. I hardly even let the turbo spool whilst driving to and from work unless I'm in the left lane that ends further up or trying to turn into a busy intersection.

I've only dragged once...

It was a week after I bought the car. Some guy in his VS wagon with chrome 18s pulls up next to me at the lights revving the engine. I thought nah, I'm not going to drag. Lights go green, he "shoots" off. I decide f**k it... plant my foot and off I go. Beat him good, although he did have a full car load lol.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cmon man we all know that a fully loaded commonwhore helps putting their 100hp to the road otherwise he would have had traction issues.

He probably lost because he forgot to turn his monster tacho on.

lol just so he know's that his automatic transmission has changed the gear for him

I was driving on the Nepean highway to work this morning, about 3am (I work in a Bakery - I don't recommend it) in my P plated R33 when about 6 or 7 other P platers came flying up from no where (Skyline tail lights are a hoon magnet) and started harassing me. They each took it in turns to come up beside me, rev there car a bit then floored it and slowly pulled away.

There were two Preludes, a Commodore and bunch of Lancers, all riced to the max. Why an NA Lancer requires a monster tacho is beyond me, and the way they red lined their little engines only to gradually pull away from me at 80kmph was embarrassing.

I was driving on the Nepean highway to work this morning, about 3am (I work in a Bakery - I don't recommend it) in my P plated R33 when about 6 or 7 other P platers came flying up from no where (Skyline tail lights are a hoon magnet) and started harassing me. They each took it in turns to come up beside me, rev there car a bit then floored it and slowly pulled away.

There were two Preludes, a Commodore and bunch of Lancers, all riced to the max. Why an NA Lancer requires a monster tacho is beyond me, and the way they red lined their little engines only to gradually pull away from me at 80kmph was embarrassing.

The lancers need the monster tacho in case their engines need to rev up to 12,000 rpm shift point, oh don't forget the 300km/h speedo they may need to reach that speed :laughing-smiley-014:

Why an NA Lancer requires a monster tacho is beyond me, and the way they red lined their little engines only to gradually pull away from me at 80kmph was embarrassing.

Haha that's hilarious! I'd love to see those douchebags crack a piston trying to overtake you at 80kph.

I like to think of myself as a pretty sensible driver these days, although i used to have my moments. When i got my skyline i became a lot more responsible on the road. Mainly the fact i love my car so much and dont want it to break and that i value my license too much and dont want the johnny hoppers to take my car and license away from me.

But like everyone, the temptation of driving a relatively quick car can get too much. I can count the amount of traffic light tango races ive had on one hand, and after a close call with the po-po ive never done anything like that since, because seriously, whats the point??? risking your life/passengers life/getting fined/losing license/losing car etc etc all for the sake of being able to say you accelerated faster than another car from a set of traffic lights???

At the end of the day, its all macho bullshit. People obviously watch fast and the furious too many times and think that if they have a car with a ludicrous bodykit, big exhaust and massive sound system going around racing people all day and night that they are going to get laid.

When im driving along in my 33, minding my own business, and some car belts up beside me pleading me to race me, i look at my girlfriend in my passenger seat, then look over at the car which is ALWAYS either some guy by himself or a group of dudes, and just laugh about how lonely they must be and un attractive to the opposite sex their behaviour makes them.

To prove my point the other week my girlfriend and i were driving along the westgate bridge in her dads early model suzuki swift hatchback, complete with faded and peeling paint, to have some clever chap drive up beside us on his bike, between our car and the railing of the bridge, revving hard, speeding up a bit, then slowing down, and giving my gf the nod then repeating the process to get her attention. When she finally looked at him he then pulled a massive wheely and speed off at over 100 kms an hour on one wheel between the left lane and the bridge railing. I dont think she couldve been more repulsed in her life. I found it quite hilarious.

If you give in to temptation a few times, i agree that its simply human behaviour. But if you go around making a concerted effort to channel michael schumacher every time you get behind the wheel, your definitely an idiot

To prove my point the other week my girlfriend and i were driving along the westgate bridge in her dads early model suzuki swift hatchback, complete with faded and peeling paint, to have some clever chap drive up beside us on his bike, between our car and the railing of the bridge, revving hard, speeding up a bit, then slowing down, and giving my gf the nod then repeating the process to get her attention. When she finally looked at him he then pulled a massive wheely and speed off at over 100 kms an hour on one wheel between the left lane and the bridge railing.

:D What a turd. It'd be more hilarious if he did that to a plains clothes female cop in an unmarked car. She would've been impressed.