SAU Community

Stories Of Imbeciles Trying To Race You

JamesK

Hoons, Racer, Ricer, Driver?  

146 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was hoping people could share with everyone their stories and opinion when people in whatever car pull up to you and trying to race you or acting like they could smoke your ass even if they are in crap box on wheels, how did you go about handeling it? Would you have done it different if you could do it again?

Even if see people driving like idiots or have an opinion don't hesitate to share....

Here's my story anyway,

I was driving down to CarLovers today around 12am to give my R33 GTST some TLC and some idiot pulls up to the side of me with a flat bed truck, at first i didn't think anything of it (To busy wondering if i was going in the right direction) until my girlfriend noticed the guy was driving like a dick, he would speed up then slow down to my pace then speed up again, we eventually came to a stop light after about 7 minutes of his crap and he obviously wanted to drag. I wanted to leave his ass in the dust but had second thoughts, if we do give in to these people who we society see's as hoons does that make us hoons? Are we hoons? I have to admit out of a stroke of luck i couldn't race to dimwit. Currently i'm in the middle of installing my car alarm + Immobilizer, it's been fully installed but I was in a rush cleaning up the wires to get going and I guess one fell out and on to the accelerator, I knew if I put this guy in his place i would snap a most likley important wire of my alarm system but I realized the trade off just wasn't worth it, I mean what gratitude would I get from it? Knowing i just smoked someone who I will never meet again? At the expense of my electronics, my gf's respect, the $10 of fuel i just wasted I'd by forcing down my cars throat, not to mention what would happen if there was a speed trap or bears sitting aroudn the corner. Even though I would have, I feel quiet good about myself that I didn't. I know my car could kick his ass, we all do...so why is it so tempting?

I've never had this behavior from other Skyline owners (although I do recall from some STI owners hahaha, sorry no offense to anyone) everytime I've seen a skyline or pulled next to one I would usually complement on how sick I thought the dudes car was and have a good chat waiting for the light to turn green or we'd smile at each other and drive bit more aggressive, but never has a fellow Skyline driver ever try to temp me. I have seen my fair share of idiots though, however I like to think the car isn't theirs...

Really interested in responses oh and if you took the pole why did you choose that answer?

As for me, I consider my self a driver, would never want to be classified as a hoon but I have my idiotic moments...So am I a hoon? Where do you draw the line?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Driver for me as well, in fact a granny driver most of the time.

Seems like Hyundai Excels are the ones that tries to drag me, I just continue my granny driving & ignore them, because I know underneath all that lame ricer body kit & fart cannon lies a shitty little engine that probably can't even beat my mum's V6 Camry (or her old V6 VN commo) in a drag without breaking apart.

Edited by Mayuri Krab

I have been overtaken or closely tailgaited and egged on by numerous aspiring V8 Supercar drivers or tarmac rally heroes and I just try to ignore them. 9 times out of 10 they would be less than competition anyway. I just think well it is'nt worth the possible consequences especially the part where I do a lot of walking as I have no license, either that or one of these professionals ends up parking in someones loungeroom. We have double demerits here soon and the number of people still driving like w*nkers is just amazing :P I'd rather be a Driver.

Driver for me as well, in fact a granny driver most of the time.

Seems like Hyundai Excels are the ones that tries to drag me, I just continue my granny driving & ignore them, because I know underneath all that lame ricer body kit & fart cannon lies a shitty little engine that probably can't even beat my mum's V6 Camry (or her old V6 VN commo) in a drag without breaking apart.

depends if its a sportivo or not

Sometimes it is hard to control your urges....At the end of the day we are all human.

I'd love to put a judge or copper into my car and see if they can drive 100% to the road rules....

Sometimes urges get the better of us, Hoon is just a catch phrase used by people who do not understand the car culture to label that which they do not understand.

I would say you are not a hoon, you are a ordinary human being :P

knowing my skyline is relatively quick i tend to drive quite responsibily, although in saying that i generally kane the crap outta my civic (1.5 duel carb wif probably 50kw at the engine) just to get it up to the legal speed limit. For those idiots who tend to tail gate me.... a little bit firmer on the brakes tends to see them change lanes behind me very quickly .. Talking about hooning ... on the way home last heading towards the glen on springvale road .. 1 x white 32gtr wif tri spoke advans, 1x yellow supra, 1x midnite purple 180sx type x .... each trying 2 beat the others to each of the red lights weaving in and outta slower traffic ...... BRAVO GUYS!! ..

My car ain't that quick considering its a stockish N/A, so I generally don’t even try. I guess it’s the mentality that all Skyline drivers are racers or have some crazy setup under the bonnet. Its funny how common it is for people to challenge me for a run especially the hero heads in their "fully sick" VLs, “plastic fantastic” Lancers, “sick” Celicas and “hair dresser” Hondas. I’ve had HSVs / XRs spot me and for some crazy reason decide it would be fun to floor it around me at double the speed limit (hehehe they must feel good “smoking” a Skyline doing the speed limit – I could only imagine the BS they tell their mates at the pub).

Anyways… I’m a safe driver and I usually let these people pass (I’d rather let these guys get embarrassed at the pub/club – eg. would anyone believe a Lancer with a cannon exhaust outrun a Skyline???? – I know for a fact that these people “broadcast” their false glory).

On the other hand… There are odd occasions where I get road rage where I just snap – I’m not proud of it or condone it. As I say I usually let these guys go – however there are the type that “linger” around you when your heading the same way, these are usually the guys with the lower powered “rice boxes” and can’t drive for sh*t – so I teach ‘em a lesson or two – but I end up feeling really guilty afterward.

One observation I’ve made is that “most” hi-po import drivers are quite safe drivers (regardless if they drive a Skyline or not), they don’t try to get into a race with anyone – which is good – considering all the bad publicity. It seems to be the people with slow cars “ricing them up” the ones behind all the racing.

knowing my skyline is relatively quick i tend to drive quite responsibily, although in saying that i generally kane the crap outta my civic (1.5 duel carb wif probably 50kw at the engine) just to get it up to the legal speed limit. For those idiots who tend to tail gate me.... a little bit firmer on the brakes tends to see them change lanes behind me very quickly .. Talking about hooning ... on the way home last heading towards the glen on springvale road .. 1 x white 32gtr wif tri spoke advans, 1x yellow supra, 1x midnite purple 180sx type x .... each trying 2 beat the others to each of the red lights weaving in and outta slower traffic ...... BRAVO GUYS!! ..

Last Friday I was going home from Narre Warren and the list goes on...

R33 GTR

350Z

XR6

VZ SS

VS Station Wagon

All wanted to race down the freeway and they didnt get very far cuz I caught up with them at the next set of lights. LOL!

98% of the time, granny driver.

But on the odd occasion, you know: empty, well lit road, no one around, fresh tank of fuel. it is fun to see how quick you can get to the speed limit.

nothing would be worse than getting pulled up/losing your license trying to race some p.o.s...that you know would be (usually) faster anyway..

didn't you know, its all about cock size these days..hahah

Im a granny driver 98% of the time, only 1 point left thats only because i cant keep my shit together when im on a bike i see the red mist every time!!

But in saying that sometimes you have to open her up a bit a nice twisty road nobody around im mean whats the point of all the work we do to your cars if we dont use it now and then, there's just not enought track days and i work too many weekends.

And no i dont bother with boy f*ckwit racer of the line anybody can go fast in a straight line its what happens when a corner comes up that counts and that were the fun is nuff said :rofl: