SAU Community

Skyline Charity Cruise 2008

Rhinorebel

oooooooooh you boys are lucky i'm nice. It must be all the Hello Kitty shit around the house influencing me :D

If you want any of the older stock, and want me to put aside for you, please tell me the approx size you're after :)

Just a couple points!

I thought I should also add that, non members are only eligible to purchase our old stock, not any of the new items.

We will however be offering a special discount for members who join on the day. Membership will be $45 instead of $52.50, and Renewals will be $20 instead of $22.50. If you join on the day, your membership will be active until 30th June 2009.

Cheers, Anna.

EDIT

I just thought i'd let you know what we have left of the old stock, so that no-one ends up disappointed :)

Polo shirts - 11 (all XL)

Dress shirts - 1 Medium, 3 Large, 2 XLarge

Jackets - 1 Small, 1 Large, 4 XLarge, 1 XXXLarge

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll rock up to Aspley say hi to all the old peeps and make my yearly donation. The cef needs a run anyway!

BTW, my dad has prostate cancer, and the tests from that he was also diagnosed with lung cancer. (lung cancer is gone, chemo is way hardcore tho, and the prostate is very treatable). It really doesn't get the publicity it should, its just as big of a killer as breast cancer (not saying breast cancer is any less important...). Early dection is just so easy and it then becomes very curable or at least managable.

Some people might not realise but by having your prostate removed some of the complications can be loosing your manhood (ie ability to get an errection), obviously can't have kids anymore either. And its typically a very agressive cancer, and therefore needs quick attention. So sometimes the decission to opperate is very difficult. Especially when you need to carry round a weebag for up to a few months. Sorry to be quite blunt, but I really don't think that people realise exactly what its all about.

So good on you SAU!!!

No worries guys ;)

I'll rock up to Aspley say hi to all the old peeps and make my yearly donation. The cef needs a run anyway!

BTW, my dad has prostate cancer, and the tests from that he was also diagnosed with lung cancer. (lung cancer is gone, chemo is way hardcore tho, and the prostate is very treatable). It really doesn't get the publicity it should, its just as big of a killer as breast cancer (not saying breast cancer is any less important...). Early dection is just so easy and it then becomes very curable or at least managable.

Some people might not realise but by having your prostate removed some of the complications can be loosing your manhood (ie ability to get an errection), obviously can't have kids anymore either. And its typically a very agressive cancer, and therefore needs quick attention. So sometimes the decission to opperate is very difficult. Especially when you need to carry round a weebag for up to a few months. Sorry to be quite blunt, but I really don't think that people realise exactly what its all about.

So good on you SAU!!!

Wow mate, i'm sorry to hear that, but thanks for sharing :D

It truly is amazing how little people know about these issues, and typically, men don't take much notice of what's going on with their body, not until it's too late! Prostate & testicular cancer affect more men every year, than breast cancer does women. But we NEVER see blue ribbons, or teddy bears with blue shirts.

I went shopping the other day, and I counted every time I saw a fundraiser for breast cancer. 14 times. Stores with donation boxes. Pink products, even things like nail polish and hair straighteners with proceeds going towards it. Like you, i'm not saying AT ALL that it's not as deserving, because it is, and any kind of illness deserves fundraising, but it really does show how little men's health issues are 'advertised'.

So let's get this fundraising party started kids :(;):)

We will however be offering a special discount for members who join on the day. Membership will be $45 instead of $52.50, and Renewals will be $20 instead of $22.50. If you join on the day, your membership will be active until 30th June 2009.

How is that a discount when that works out to be more $ per month of membership as it'll only go till 30th June ???

How is that a discount when that works out to be more $ per month of membership as it'll only go till 30th June ???

Membership as stipulated in the pro-rata schedule, is $30 per year (if renewing between July & August). $22.50 if you renew between October and December. $15 if you renew between January and March, and $37.50 if you renew between April and June (taking you through to the following year). It is a rather new system, but we cannot do month by month, it's just far too confusing for everyone, and the pro-rata brings everyone into line (it is extremely difficult when doing up membership packs every single day to send out, it gets rather old :laugh:) making it easier for the current exec, which may very well one day include you, or any other members should they wish to be more involved :)

If you want to chat more about this, please do so in the 'qld club info' section or you can PM any one of us, we're always open to suggestions :banana: This thread is just not a particularly appropriate place, or you can have a chat to one of us on Sunday :P

Hope this helped :rofl:

huh - not going to hyperdome thats the wrong way! like ages the wrong way!

plan was to meet at capala at 8am - then go to aspley

be there nice and early so i can take lots of photo's

why you ask? where do you live?

edit: map added so you can see what i mean

post-31383-1226467946_thumb.jpg

Hi guys, just wondering if everyone meeting from the sunny coast at the ettamogah would like to make it 8am instead of 8:30? It would just give us more time to get to aspley and be able to have a chat and take some photos. what u all rekon??

i'll prob meet sunnycoast ppl on the highway if i time it right,

how early is any1 going 2 b showing up at aspley, wouldn't mind getting there a bit earlier,

also if any1 has any break cleaner or stop sqeak, could they please bring sum cuz my breaks r annoying the crap out of me.

impact_blue,

Mind chucking us a estimate on some of the newer items for sale? Just so I have a rough idea on how much cash to bring :>

Sorry mate, I only just realised now that I didn't have prices listed. I edited the post so now all prices are listed ;)

i'll prob meet sunnycoast ppl on the highway if i time it right,

how early is any1 going 2 b showing up at aspley, wouldn't mind getting there a bit earlier,

also if any1 has any break cleaner or stop sqeak, could they please bring sum cuz my breaks r annoying the crap out of me.

Well i'm not sure what time other groups are planning on arriving, but there'll be a few of us there a bit earlier, if you arrive anywhere between 9.30 and 10.00 there'll be someone there to greet you :(

Hi guys, just wondering if everyone meeting from the sunny coast at the ettamogah would like to make it 8am instead of 8:30? It would just give us more time to get to aspley and be able to have a chat and take some photos. what u all rekon??

well yes that would be a good idea i think jase, il arrive at 8am and bring a mate with me aswell (if he's still coming) i have to comfirm, but should be there.