SAU Community

Skyline Charity Cruise 2008

Rhinorebel

i second that! great job!

EDIT: i also want to point out how dissapointed i am, that i was 1 of only 2 stagea's at the cruise. poor show guys!!

Yea and I was 1 of only 2 V35s as well...disappointed but felt spesh at the same time ;)

All in all was a good day and good work to the exec team for pulling it off. But as another member has pointed out above and I think I speak for quite a few, it would definately be worth pushing this event forward a couple of months to avoid the extreme heat, maybe Sept or early Oct.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

;) +1 for pushing the date forward.

Great day but as in most of the posts, the sun ruled the day. I would have liked to have met a few more people and looked at a few cars but felt so smashed by the heat the majority of my time was spent in the shade replenishing the fluids. Colder is better in every way. Car loves it, people love it = more mingling and viewing of cars.

I know you cannot control the weather and you put together a great event but earlier and cooler would give everyone more of a chance to enjoy the good work you have done. And, I bet you could expect a sizable increase in hardware with cooler weather.

Thanks for your efforts on an enjoyable day. :D

was a very good day and sorry to the cars who followed us off the highway and the 2 who headed back to brisbane with me and Aliesha cos she left her phone at aspley where she was taking the photos but we made good time and was only a little late after going back but atleast we had the final destination and took a shortcut ;)

Thanks to the Guys & Girls of the team you did an "A" grade job.

We had a top day out besides looking the colour of my car when we got home. Jack was a happy lad, he was holding the raffle tickets for us.

Bring on the next Cruise.

i second that! great job!

EDIT: i also want to point out how dissapointed i am, that i was 1 of only 2 stagea's at the cruise. poor show guys!!

I wouldve been there with mine to make it 3 but I only found out about it Saturday and had to work. Not happy. :D

post-10790-1226845905_thumb.jpg

OMY33 watched me try take out a motorbike on the high way hehe :D btw im KIDDING PPL.

that was the highlight of my day so funny

Who has driver's/trucker's/bogan arm? - I do. haha

my arms, an neck are like fluro red/pink. it feels so pretty.

thanks guys it t'was quite fun.

altho the rain when i got home ruined everything i own. grrr.

bloody roof leaked. so that ruined my day

I wouldve been there with mine to make it 3 but I only found out about it Saturday and had to work. Not happy. :D

aw damn, woulda loved to see that ride in person

that was the highlight of my day so funny

my arms, an neck are like fluro red/pink. it feels so pretty.

thanks guys it t'was quite fun.

altho the rain when i got home ruined everything i own. grrr.

bloody roof leaked. so that ruined my day

my right/driving arm is burnt to a crisp, sorta, quite painful lol

top day - warm but a great turn out of 31-35 series cars think there was 110 cars over all . the execs will have final numbers

congrats to CHOYDA (damo) for show and shine and winning the Garmin Nav.

the longest distance winner was from kingaroy and he won the radio/speaker package.

good to put names to a few more faces.

cya next year !

btw, what is that guy's name? I was only informed right at the very end after everyone had left that there was a guy from Kingaroy, I wanted to see if I knew him!!!

Was a fantastic day, beautiful weather. Kathryn and I had a absolute great time. Good work execs! Imagine tracking up, down and around those mountainy roads in the pouring rain... would have been interesting. Looking forward to see some pictures.

Also forgot to speak to you Anna, about membership. Guess I'll just do it the normal way.

Just shoot me a quick email [email protected] or PM ;)

A huge thanks to the organisers and fellow skyliners for such a great day! Even if a few of us did take the scenic route and arrived fashionably late at Mt Mee... :) Food was awesome and it was fantastic to catch up with everyone again!

So glad we left when we did! We had to stop off at Garden City for half an hour or so to put the skyline undercover, as we had heard there was hail down our way. But by the time we left we had a good run home with only a bit of heavy rain.

Once again thanks to everyone!

Oh damn I hope everyone's cars remained undamaged!

Thanks everyone for a great turn out, amazing day i'm so stoked with the turn out. We had planned to have it a bit earlier, but the exec team that you saw running the show yesterday only took over in September and it takes a bit of time to try and find a venue that will host 100+ cars as well as do all the scouting stuff, don't worry, we were hot too! :( We always strive to host them in different areas each year, and we're already working on finding appropriate place for next year so that we're organised nice and early :P

Awesome awesome awesome, I couldn't have been happier with the turnout, and as a whole, I must say that skyline owner's girlfriends are a rather attractive bunch. Oh and ofcourse the owners themselves :P

I had a lot of people asking questions yesterday bout various things, memberships, merchandise etc, if I failed to answer them fully I apologise, it was a rather busy day, feel free to PM any of us :(

It was great to meet those of you that i've only spoken to online before, we're already planning another cruise to be held VERY SHORTLY, which has a watering hole for SWIMMINGGGGGG! :P

Congrats all on a good say out ... bit hot but im glad my aircon works good

And i got home to the westside just before storm hit.

Was the Cefiro ok on way home? I passed it along lutwyche rd and then again at milton i think after i stopped with it bonnet up

I wished I could have stopped to check they were ok.

Hey, we made it home, coilpacks are dying i think. Once they cooled down they ran fine. (Well I hope that's what's wrong :) )

So I drove home yesterday totally oblivious to the fact that somewhere I must have popped the plastic pins that hold the plastic underbody tray on my R34 up and I'd be dragging it along for some time. No idea when that might have happened. Must have had my stereo up to loud because I didn't hear the noise until somebody pointed it out to me as I was driving up my driveway at home.

Anyways. I really liked this year's drive out. Was a nice view! I thought the venue was a good choice to. Thanks to the organisers

Hi all

Team-Thx for a great day. What a response & a turn out hey? Looking forward to the next one & any others. so does anyone know how much money we raised for Mens Health yet?

Cheers :ph34r:

Heres some pics that i took @ the Hyperdome meet.

post-38013-1226913615_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226913680_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226913736_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226913794_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226913885_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226913945_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226913995_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226914049_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226914105_thumb.jpg

post-38013-1226914161_thumb.jpg