SAU Community

Skyline Charity Cruise 2008

Rhinorebel

URGENT!!! anyone know where they are heading Im running late and Have waited all year for this.

Cheers

Bummer dude. We were already well on our way by the time u posted that.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YeaH was a good day but it was sooo freakin hot. Thats why we left early. It was like living in Townsville again... And definately would have been interesting if it was raining whilst going up that windy road. Was good fun. OMY33 watched me try take out a motorbike on the high way hehe :P btw im KIDDING PPL.

Firstly a congrats to the organisers of this event, it was very well done! Im sure that the destination was fantastic too BUT unfortunately I didn't make it that far!!!! With the heat and the traffic that we encountered from Aspley I think that I killed a coil pack. Stopped off the side of the Daguilar Hwy to cool down for 15min but to no avail. After an hour of snoozing she started and ran fine so I made a bee-line for home but 20min later lost a cylinder again, luckily managed to limp home on only five!!!!

YeaH was a good day but it was sooo freakin hot. Thats why we left early. It was like living in Townsville again... And definately would have been interesting if it was raining whilst going up that windy road. Was good fun. OMY33 watched me try take out a motorbike on the high way hehe ;) btw im KIDDING PPL.

you must have been behind me in mt mee then (around the dirt road area.) there was one broken down there.

who has sunburn - i do.

A huge thanks to the organisers and fellow skyliners for such a great day! Even if a few of us did take the scenic route and arrived fashionably late at Mt Mee... ;) Food was awesome and it was fantastic to catch up with everyone again!

So glad we left when we did! We had to stop off at Garden City for half an hour or so to put the skyline undercover, as we had heard there was hail down our way. But by the time we left we had a good run home with only a bit of heavy rain.

Once again thanks to everyone!

was a great day and was lovely to meet everyone. :D soo hot and still no air con...thou i talked to a few people and a lot of us discoverd that all our air cons need re gassing. next time i am bringing sunscreen lol soo burnt. congrats to teh organisers great day ;)

absolutely brilliant day......had a ball...

congratulations and thanks to the organisers.....it was well worth it and got some good fuel consumption from the liner for a change....was HOT HOT HOT but that didnt melt my mood....

THANKS AGAIN AND CANT WAIT TO SEE PICS!!!

Congrats all on a good say out ... bit hot but im glad my aircon works good

And i got home to the westside just before storm hit.

Was the Cefiro ok on way home? I passed it along lutwyche rd and then again at milton i think after i stopped with it bonnet up

I wished I could have stopped to check they were ok.

Great day out. Congrats to the organisers. Should be a great 12 months ahead. I'm with you on the no air con situation. The re-gas has jumped priority !!

Met a lot of new people and put some faces to forum names. I think a special thanks needs to go to Chris who was over the hot BBQ plate practically the entire time. As much as we were hot he must have been roasting. Thanks mate.

congrats on a great day.This was my first one and had lots of fun, first cruise for my R34 too. Pitty about the weather and the long drive for me coming from south of Tweed heads, but well worth it.

congrats to the organisers!! my first skyline cruise and it was fantastic!! the route taken was excellent!! but may i suggest that next year, no matter where the cruise goes, u start a little closer to the outskirts of brisbane so we dont get broken up by all the taffic lights. the hypermarket is a great spot with lots of room, but the traffic lights made it difficult to get so many cars out. but all in all, Fantastic! A++!!

Great day out. Congrats to the organisers. Should be a great 12 months ahead. I'm with you on the no air con situation. The re-gas has jumped priority !!

Met a lot of new people and put some faces to forum names. I think a special thanks needs to go to Chris who was over the hot BBQ plate practically the entire time. As much as we were hot he must have been roasting. Thanks mate.

i second that! great job!

EDIT: i also want to point out how dissapointed i am, that i was 1 of only 2 stagea's at the cruise. poor show guys!!

Edited by Raysboostin

Had fun today though I got burnt mainly from standing around, the mrs, on the other hand, got badly burnt.

Didn't run into any rain on the way back to Nambour(where the mrs lives) but on the way back to Bribie, I think I ran into the mother of all storms.

Within a short period of time, the back road from Beerburrum to Caboolture was underwater in about 4 places.

Old Toorbul Point Road was very nicely flooded and my Skytara didn't do too well through the deep water but I made it out the other side and home.