SAU Community

R34 Gtr Vs V8 Supercar

R34P3R

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the R32 GTR still holds the top speed at bathurst of over 300kph.

The Mines car is a road car converted to time attack and it runs on treaded tyres.

A V8 supercar is a purpose built race car with virtually no original Holden or Ford parts, unlike the Group A days in the 1990's where they were based on modified road cars. (Look at the VE Commodore Supercar, the rear doors are even cut shorter to fit V8 rules!)

Having said all this, I belive the Mines Gtr with SLICK TYRES would be faster around Bathurst.

To give an example, I race at Barbagello in a Series 6 RX7, we are doing mid 61 second lap times, the V8 supercars are doing 58's, thats 3 seconds per lap difference. The series 6 is running on 225/50/16 treaded R comp tyres (similar tyre as Mines would use) the V8's run slicks, If you put the same slicks on the Rx7 the lap times would be very close. The RX7 was a road car converted to track car with the normal mods like roll cage, suspension, brakes and HP abour 400 rwhp. It is nothing special just well sorted.

The V8's are good for what they are, A big heavy car on a smallish tyre, they are reliable and consistant, they run fast laps at Bathurst for 6 hours.

Dont forget they Banned all turbos because they were embarasing the V8's on their home ground. If Nissan built a GTR to race Group A again the V8 supercar would see its tail lights for about 5 seconds then it would disapear unitil the GTR Lapped the V8 again.

Here is some incar footage from our racing at Barbagallo

There's only one way to settle it - we get some booze, we appoint a bookie, we get a remote control car of each, we head down the local tennis court and duel it out.

Does it matter? Not likely any of us are going to be in the market to buy either??!

There's only one way to settle it - we get some booze, we appoint a bookie, we get a remote control car of each, we head down the local tennis court and duel it out.

Does it matter? Not likely any of us are going to be in the market to buy either??!

:spank: well said :wave:

The R32 GT-R was banned because the Falcadores couldnt catch it. It was proved 18 years ago that the GT-R is faster!

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Group A racing was phased out worldwide because it was too uneconomical

the gtr was never banned

people need to learn facts

mmmmm, man i rekon that there would be the biggest show done to race them, imagine how many arguements, debates have been going on about this for years, someone needs to organise a dual one day

i know nothing of the rules/regulations of bathurst, or really got into it at all.

but... this bloke i used to work with who claims to be a bigtime v8 supercar freak said that they brought in a rule that outlawed Electronicaly fuel injected cars and that they had to have a carby? is this why the GT-R was phased out?! or he babbling some smack to me. haha

i know nothing of the rules/regulations of bathurst, or really got into it at all.

but... this bloke i used to work with who claims to be a bigtime v8 supercar freak said that they brought in a rule that outlawed Electronicaly fuel injected cars and that they had to have a carby? is this why the GT-R was phased out?! or he babbling some smack to me. haha

cancel that jus did my own research

"This class banned turbocharging along with four-wheel-drive, and effectively banned Nissan's GT-R from competition. "

thanks wikipedia :)

cancel that jus did my own research

"This class banned turbocharging along with four-wheel-drive, and effectively banned Nissan's GT-R from competition. "

thanks wikipedia :)

uhh.. if you read 6 posts back, you'll find your answer...

group a racing was the top echelon of racing way back when

pretty much unrestricted engine size, power, engine capacity, 2wd/4wd etc etc etc

as a consequence there were really fast cars and cars that werent so fast

that my understanding why GrpA racing was canned (like gary said - uneconomical and too vast a difference between the good and the not as good)

the japanese GT500 and the aussie v8 supertaxis all stem from the GrpA - but restricted engines, engine capacity, production based cars (so no 4wd supertaxis) etc etc

somebody correct me on teh finer points of it, but that to me is the general gist of it

group a was a group of racing for modified touring cars, but was phased out as gary mentioned, and in australia was replaced by the 5L v8 supercars, and 2L super touring cars.

edit... yeah, what ash said, everyone basically went their seperate ways, and we ended up with supertaxi's.

i'd still have one, cant go past that v8 note.

ok we can say that the r34 would be a good competitor anyone who knows anything about jap track cars would know the mines r34 would give the V8's a hard time for a 7 year old car against cars that are a year - two years old but! how about we change the rules i can bet if they put on the new r35 on that track it would tear thoes v8s a new A hole without a doubt it did it with the r32 it can do it again.