SAU Community

V35 Faq - Read First Before Posting

FAQ goes here ;)

DONT POST TO THIS TOPIC.

I'm doing a FAQ so we do not have to say search to the new people.

this is a work in progress. :D

sticky pls.

Edited by Chris Rogers
  • Like 1

AUDIO/NAVIGATION RELATED QUESTIONS

MY CD PLAYER ATE MY CDs AND WONT GIVE THEM BACK

if the 6cd indash unit displays ERROR F0

CD mechanism is jammed due to a nylon guide that has splintered in the transport. the discs cannot be removed without literally stripping the whole thing down.

the unit can be repaired for $550-650 depending on the overall condition of the CD unit. parts are Ex Japan

MY CD PLAYER SKIPS OR WONT PLAY NORMAL CDS - I SEE 'ERROR F3' ON MY SCREEN

time for a new laser. repairable at a cost. WORST part is the labor to remove and refit it. laser is available locally. this IS NOT a DIY job

DOES THE FACTORY CD UNIT PLAY BURNT CD'S / MP3 format

- yes it does. it DOES NOT play CDRW. it does not play mp3 discs

CAN I CONNECT AN IPOD TO THE FACTORY RADIO

yes and the radio WILL control it OR if you have the factory NAV screen it can be done as well.

there are two methods

Method 1

the other one will use the factory radio as a controller and you can drive the IPOD off the steering controls IF you have them.

CAN I REPLACE THE RADIO IN MY CAR IF I HAVE THE BOSE PREMIUM AUDIO

yes it is possible.

you need:

new 2DIN facia panel to suit your car.

new A/C controller (two versions with 'DUAL' button and without)

Bose interface (there are two versions with NAVI and without.)

Rear Bracket

Nissan Storage Pocket

note if you do not have BOSE audio the process is a LOT easier. you do not need the bose interface.

CAN I ADD AN EXTERNAL AMPLIFIER(s) TO THE EXISTING RADIO

without bose audio - yes you can. the process is the same as a 'normal' radio.

with BOSE - again yes but you will need an interface.

I WANT TO CHANGE MY SPEAKERS - WHAT SIZE ARE THEY??

front are 6.5" tweeter is a 1" soft dome

front speakers require a mounting plate to be made for proper fit.

rears are 5.25" and require TOTAL removal of the rear area for access.

if you have BOSE audio the 'subwoofers' are 6x9s. amplifier is located in the boot rear left on floor under panel in coupe and under rear shelf in sedan.

I HAVE FACTORY FITTED NAVIGATION WITH TV. HOW CAN I:

1. GET A MAP DVD SO IT WORKS IN AUSTRALIA

2. CHANGE THE TEXT TO ENGLISH.

3. CHANGE THE TV SO IT WORKS HERE.

1. No. There are no maps for this unit used in the Australian market. It can be converted using a local unit if Navigation is required

2. there is a software hack in the works from russia that will reportedly fix this. see HERE for this. this DOES NOT FIX THE MAP ISSUE!!

3. Japan use an ENTIRELY different televison system that cannot be converted for operation here. a local tuner must be fitted for TV to work. it is suggested that the antenna system be changed as well for one with higher gain and better reception.

• Like 1

SECURITY/ALARM/IMMOBILISER/FACTORY KEY related questions

WHEN I BOUGHT MY CAR IT ONLY CAME WITH ONE KEY HOW DO i GET ANOTHER?

do you have the factory immobiliser code for the NATS system? this will be a small steel tag with a 4 digit number stamped on it.

don't have that, CLICK HERE and read the ENTIRE thread.

if you do have it - take your JAP CHASSIS NUMBER (CPV35-00000 ) to nissan and request a key for your car. get it cut and then get it programmed by the dealer.

DOES MY CAR HAVE AN IMMOBILISER?

see this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Im...er-t221088.html

all of them do have a factory one and that is not compliant with insurance nor OZ stds ADR 82/00. exception is the M35 Stagea.

CAN I USE THE ORIGINAL KEY TO OPERATE A AFTERMARKET ALARM?

yes though it preferred you have two keys

see this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/In...ry-t188554.html

I WANT TO ADD AN ALARM TO MY CAR- IS IT POSSIBLE WITHOUT BREAKING ANYTHING?

yes it is. make sure the installer has worked on the car before. if not find another installer. brisbane based cars or cars being

complied in brisbane - contact me directly.

also since these cars fall under specialty insurance the alarms needs to confrom to Oz Stds and be installed to that standard as well.

see this thread for more information:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Alarm-t176463.html

• 2 months later...

GENERAL ELECTRICAL ISSUES

My Air Conditioning is stuck on 18deg and I cannot control it!!

this is a issue for those with the integrated dash only.two problems cause this:

1) there are 6 internal power supplies inside the radio. 3 of which run the front panel. Vdd - +5v Vfl - +29.5v and ACC (+12v) if ANY of these die you lose the radio and the A/C controls.

2) broken of damaged ribbon from the radio to the front panel. this is usually damaged when you (or the previous owner) pulls the radio out for some reason.

despite what you may be told this IS NOT an electrical Issue.

contact me directly if in brisbane if you have one of these or send the unit to me. this is not really a DIY fix UNLESS you have the schematics for the radio itself.

My Drivers/passenger window is stuck in one spot and will not move

time for a new motor - these are roughly $400 from nissan Oz - same motor is used in the Z33 350Z. it is suggested to do the regulator at the same time. again this is a Z33 item and is roughly $2-250.

The door locks on my car are slow or do not work on one side

new door catch mechanism fixes this. if you are NOT AT ALL mechanically inclined PAY someone to replace this. the ENTIRE door has to be stripped to get this unit out. these are $300 roughly from nissan Oz and again a Z33 item.

MODIFICATIONS

Cruise Control

these cars DID NOT have Cruise control factory (exception is the USDM G35.) . you can fit a Vacuum unit or DBW Setup to them without hassle. I do a fully integrated DBW setup for these that runs the original Controls on the steering wheel ( you MUST have the standard wheel!)- Contact me directly if you want one done. if the car is going through compliance here in Brisbane it can be done there also.

radio controls on the OE steering wheel.

this one is a 20 minute mod that is literally a plug in and work affair. parts are available from me/ nissan Oz for this mod It involves removing the steering wheel , removing the blank on the left side, putting the factory piece in place, putting it back together and enjoying. makes driving your Ipod a LOT easier that fiddling with the radio

Edited by Chris Rogers

• 2 months later...

REPLACEMENT PARTS

LIGHTING

HEADLIGHTS

for those wanting the cheap way out of replacing headlights in these cars - The USDM G35 sedan and coupe DO NOT SUIT these cars.

yes they will fit in place BUT due to the reflector shape and the driving position of the US car, they will not work properly. you will be blinding oncoming traffic and endangering pedestrians

CLICK HERE for that discussion.

as for swapping them for later lights - yes. JDM items ONLY they will bolt in and with fiddling you can use the projector lights from the 2006 cars.

the Xenon lights are not compliant but the mod that has been done is usually reversible IF you have the ballasts for themAND they are intact.

REAR LIGHTS

yep they are swappable. the 2006 items have a boot switch on them. with fiddling you can make this work. as for putting USDM lights in there - yes they fit , no they are NOT compliant with ADRs and as such if you have a accident with them fitted there is a HIGH chance your insurance company will not pay up and they are a defectable item as well.

INTERIOR LIGHTING

LEDS - doable and have been done. if you are ADDING lights to these cars internally keep in mind you run the risk of DESTROYING a body module. fixing it WILL NOT be cheap. it is suggested you have a schematic of the car or a proper kit designed for it.

Edited by Chris Rogers

• 2 months later...

Electronic Issues

THE SOUND IN MY STEREO DROPS OUT ON THE LEFT SIDE

this is a CD related issue on the 2004 spec cars - its not on the radio/tv/cdchg sections

of the radio. the fault is INTERNAL and no autosparky/ car audio shop (eg autobarn,strathfield etc) will be able to correctly diagnose/fix it. the units affected are PN2613/14 versions. a quick way to check if you have this unit- look at the CD slot, if it is silver and the door opens when you load a cd then you have this unit.

the earlier PN2413/14 twins will do a similar thing but in a entirely different way.

I can fix both versions. when shipping it send the unit only and not the entire thing. I have a jig I use to fire both versions up.

see here for more info:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sp...re-t269175.html

Edited by Chris Rogers

• 1 year later...

Aftermarket additions

I have an aftermarket carozerria/addzest/panasonic TV on the top of my dash - can this be made to work here

short answer - NO! tv fomats are different. you will get sound and *MAYBE* a partial image but thats it. it is best ripped out an the factory storage pocket put in place.

I have a mystery switch on my dash - what does it do?? (car with OEM navi)

there is a good chance this is the video in motion unit. try flicking the switch and going for a drive with the screen set in TV mode. it it works then that is your mystery switch.

• 4 months later...

Something on my car broke - how can I find Chris or get it fixed

FINDING ME:

this is for the newbies that get 10 forum posts up and send me a PM with question regarding broken things - keys especially!

Short answer - My phone number is in my signature - call it - I do not bite.

Second - think before you do call - 99% of the time I NEED THE CAR to do anything programming related. so if you are in a city OTHER than Brisbane I CANNOT HELP YOU!

I CAN sell you electrical parts. it is up to you to get them fitted. (unless you are in brisbane then I'll do it.)

GETTING THINGS FIXED:

weirdly enough you drive a nissan - imported or not a nissan dealer can help you if you are polite enough to them. the parts prices may scare you but thats what things cost on these cars when they break.

if one dealer will not help there will be one in your city that will - have a dig on the forums for more information. there are 3-4 in brisbane that will get parts for you and several workshops that will service and repair your car. agan search before sending a PM.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I bought a V36 - can you help me change it to english??

in short - no.

hard ware is doable by hacking the system.

this means you CAN get navi onto the screen , the camera setup working and audio into the system with a lot of mucking about. I have done this to a few cars already with a similar system (JDM R35- VERY similar.)

for those that insist on going further:

you NEED:

IT experience (in machine code and Posix expecially)

enough confindence to:

pull your car apart and the main unit out

-remove the HDD, unlock it , image it onto a local machine

-operate a software debugger/decompiler for the hitachi processor that in is the main unit

-MAP the system so you know where every thing is positioned/addressed and connected internally.

also bear in mind USDM is NOT the same unit. as the video is different, the unit does not have TV or ETC for starters.

-rewrite the code you have decompiled so it addresses the correct areas inside the unit AND flashes the internal EEPROM memory.

if I lost you and any point of that - forget trying to do it. if you followed all of it - create a solution - split it up into a few pieces , code it accordingly and get a reward for your efforts.

for those that keep trying to contact me on this and asking if I can do it - I do not own a V36. (I own a R32) I have however researched plenty of information about it and the above is my approach to it.

there is plenty of info out there on the net regarding the hitachi processors and decompilers - google is your friend :)

HDD tools will do the unlocking of the drive quite easily. make sure you get the right one.

also make sure you have access to a consult 3 when you forget that the unit is out and push the start button by accident.

• 4 months later...

I want english buttons for my 2004.5-2005.11 V35 where do I find them?

ring nissan, quote part number 28395-AC74A.

that will net you the USDM set.

remove your jap buttons , disassemble them, remove the TV button off the button set.

keep the JAP circuit board with the JAP housing. the system will not start up if you swap the boards

swapping it over:

disassemble the USDM item . you need the button tops ONLY.

cut the cancel button out of the set and insert the TV button.

reassemble the new button set onto the JAP board, put car back together.

• 3 months later...

hi everyone, i have a 350gt manuel sedan and have just put on some extractors and hi-flow cats on. and my (VDC) off is displayed and (slip) is now constantly lit up usally only lights up once traction is broken vdc on ofcourse. any one have an idea or solution

• 4 months later...

hi everyone, i have a 350gt manuel sedan and have just put on some extractors and hi-flow cats on. and my (VDC) off is displayed and (slip) is now constantly lit up usally only lights up once traction is broken vdc on ofcourse. any one have an idea or solution

you have to press then hold the VDC button for 5 seconds and then it turns off...... if you press it once it only just hides in the background but is still "ON"

• 6 months later...

Chris- these are something I believe need to be in this thread. edit it if you need to.

For anyone requiring service manuals, see the following link

NOTE

-These are from USA so year models are slightly different (japan 2001/2002 = usa 2003/2004)

-interior wiring is 90% opposite sides.

-only covers VQ35 engine type. VQ25/30 versions are similar but not covered in these manuals

http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi Chris,

Love your work!

I have a 2005, V35. One function that doesn't seem to be discussed that much is the phone capability. The steerring wheel on the car has a couple buttons with the symbols of answering a call or ending one. I'm not certain that the vehicle does have bluetooth nor do I know how to connect it (as I haven't still deciphered the Japanese menu). I noticed a document that you had produced for the V36 - is there anything similar for the V35. I've seen a couple of YouTube videos, but haven't noticed anything on the phone.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

V35 S3 had Bt phone. look at the DVD rom - if it says Bluetooth then you have it. S3 was 2005/11->2006/06 I believe

earlier versions had a portable phone (sharp GX 10 I think it was - search that term) that tied to that plug. it was used for the telematics portion of the Jap Navi.
nothing else works in it.

• 6 months later...

Hey I own a V35 and I am wanting to change my speakers, I don't have the bose system just the normal one. You said I require a mounting plate for my front speakers, I'm just curious on where I can purchase them From?

Regards,

Dale.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...