SAU Community

Need Advice On What Turbo To Get For My R34 Gtt

hey guys

I need some advice regarding what kind of turbo I should get for my R34 gtt. I'm kinda looking for a str8 bolt on. But nuthing too expensive....Can anything be done under 1 grand?

Cheers!!

Gotta let us know what you want out of a turbo dude, do u want a monster or a nice little increase.

The way so go for a bolt on seems to be a GT-RS or a garret gt2871r-10 these little fellas come highly reccomended form peeps in the know.

But thats a pretty tiny budget uve got there <$1k and turbo upgrade is kinda a recipe for disaster, keep saving, so you can afford all the required ancillaries

This will prob get close because this question gets asked like 10 times a week, so look at the dyno thread and see what works, then price it up on nengun or greenline, or call a workshop that u want to use and get a quote. but ill tell u now, $1k is peanuts, all u can prob afford with that is a highflowed standard turbo with steel wheels.

Under a grand doesnt leave you much of an option other then getting yours highflowed or buying a KKR (unless you find something second hand). Most garret bolt on options will set you back anywhere from $1500-$2000 depending on who you buy from and what size you go, 2871R, 3037, 3071R etc.

What else is done to the car? Basics covered? Cooler, exhuast, ECU, pump etc...

Not really looking to build a monsta at this stage.

Just looking around and getting ideas. Seen a few on ebay and that. Like $500 to $900

a turbo. Would they be any good? I'm still saving and that. Not looking to buy one anytime soon.

Gotta let us know what you want out of a turbo dude, do u want a monster or a nice little increase.

The way so go for a bolt on seems to be a GT-RS or a garret gt2871r-10 these little fellas come highly reccomended form peeps in the know.

But thats a pretty tiny budget uve got there <$1k and turbo upgrade is kinda a recipe for disaster, keep saving, so you can afford all the required ancillaries

This will prob get close because this question gets asked like 10 times a week, so look at the dyno thread and see what works, then price it up on nengun or greenline, or call a workshop that u want to use and get a quote. but ill tell u now, $1k is peanuts, all u can prob afford with that is a highflowed standard turbo with steel wheels.

You will need more than 1k for any decent turbo.

Otherwise you will be paying for another one in the short term.

You will need to factor in new lines,dump and maybe intake to accommodate.

I wouldnt even consider a turbo upgrade unless you have the basic mods done first.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Fo...ick-t66556.html

In turbos you really do get what you pay for...and that is a cheap turbo

most people wouldnt touch them with a 10ft pole, but others say they have been going strong once a good local turbo shop has had a little fiddle with them

so up to u...its a risk

remember if you spend $500 on this turbo and it falls to peices, then you buy another $500 turbo, uve spent $1k and still dont have a great turbo, and thats the kind of money u'll pay for a quality turbo