SAU Community

Gt35r Vs Garrett T04z - Discussion (just Post In This Thread To Create A Database)

Tomek

Did Paul tune your car? Is that the Twin scroll or just a single entry? Have to let me know how responsive it is etc

yes, twin scroll...

Not super responsive, not that you can complain 400kw & 2.6L would never be. 4,***rpm (haven't been driving it much) until it starts pulling hard..

It's definitely use-able when you put in the effort & keep it at high revs..

Still a 2.5L.

It was a hard decision and something i thought alot about. Ill give away about 400-500rpm in response but will be close to making 600rwhp.

Should be finished with the swap (amongst other things) late Jan.

Still a 2.5L.

It was a hard decision and something i thought alot about. Ill give away about 400-500rpm in response but will be close to making 600rwhp.

Nice! Will be good to see how it goes, especially if you go the E85 path again. With a twin scroll T4 GT35R you'll probably lose very little response.... I'm kindof umming and ahhing about go that way :D

lol there are so many things wrong with that dyno graph i dont even know where to start
lol wow... its like... a dyno run in reverse the graph is that poor... dear me. I'd be sacking that tuner!

Yeah well it's never going to look like a proper run when it goes on the dyno with low compression....

won't be pulling it down till January but..

Nice! Will be good to see how it goes, especially if you go the E85 path again. With a twin scroll T4 GT35R you'll probably lose very little response.... I'm kindof umming and ahhing about go that way :D

Thats the way i wanted to go, TS GT35R. But id have to get a new manifold made and mod the dump a little. Would be a great combo though.

Due to cost and ease of change over i got the single entry .82 housing, with the new .70 surge slot cover :(

Basically a straight swap, using the same fittings and lines. And it will be on E85 of coarse.

Just for interest for those reading,

Max power per each of the below?

GT35 .63

GT35 .82

GT35 1.06

GT35 .78 TS

VS: T04z

T4_Divided .70

T4_Divided .84

T4_Divided 1.00

T4_Divided 1.15

T4_Divided 1.32

T4_Undivided .61

T4_Undivided .70

.81 A/R T4 Undivided with 3" V-Band outlet

.96 A/R T4 Undivided with 3" V-Band outlet

Well... here it is...

This is as even of a comparison as we could manage. Bolted off a GT35R (red line) and bolted on a T04Z (blue line).

Graph makes it seem like its a laggy bitch, and the T04Z setup is shit... to be honest I'm not sure yet. The Z is so much fun, but not sure if it'll be faster than the 35R on the track (I doubt it). May end up going back to a 35R at some stage, but going to enjoy the extra top end for the time being...

beii5j.jpg

RPM limit was increase to 8500 to account for the extra 500+ rpm of lag.

Would be a lot better if the wastegate wasn't shit and ramped as hard as it should...

Edited by Brockas

great to see the back to back result, would bee good to see the power the gt35 would make with the same amount of boost as the to4z.

Interesting to see it lost 110 HP through the midrange to gain only 80hp top end.

If the gt35 didnt taper off boost so much in the higher revs the top end power figures would be alot closer.

Edited by sky30

GT35 Wins !

At the same boost level that top end power gap would be less.

Interesting that you changed the limiter too ?

I assume thats to give you a bit more power band.

Engine life would now be reduced.

Mind you, all that said. The top end power of the Z would be damn sweeeeet :)