SAU Community

Stock Gtr Cat V High Flow Ceramic

NISMO

Hey Guys,

Did a search but couldn't come up with much.

A few people have recommneded stock original GTR metal cats to me. Does anyone know how they compare to say a ceramic high flow Catco jobbie?

Obvioulsy metal is the preference but not sure if the stock GTR cats would flow more than a "high flow". Be it ceramic or not.

Any help is appreciated.

• 4 months later...
Hey Guys,

Did a search but couldn't come up with much.

A few people have recommneded stock original GTR metal cats to me. Does anyone know how they compare to say a ceramic high flow Catco jobbie?

Obvioulsy metal is the preference but not sure if the stock GTR cats would flow more than a "high flow". Be it ceramic or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Wow, looks like no one knows. I want to know the same thing! Did you find anything out?

Cheers,

Chris.

I'd go a straight pipe with a cat converter casing around it just for looks... Hehe!!

It does not hurt to go the high flow cat as I find the stock GTR cat a bit restrictive.

good idea hehe *unscrews stock cat casing*

Expect flames and puffs of black smoke with the decat pipe but there is definitely a noticible power gain to be had over the terribly small/restrictive stock cat.

good idea hehe *unscrews stock cat casing*

Expect flames and puffs of black smoke with the decat pipe but there is definitely a noticible power gain to be had over the terribly small/restrictive stock cat.

LOL!

Sure is johnny.

BTW haven't seen you around SAU for a while...

The decat pipe is fairly illegal!

The Catco ceramic flows enough for good power on not obscene boost as shown by Just Jap's R32 GTR and others using it. I'd go with that - quite cheap too.

The decat pipe is fairly illegal!

The Catco ceramic flows enough for good power on not obscene boost as shown by Just Jap's R32 GTR and others using it. I'd go with that - quite cheap too.

I have a stock R33 GTST cat converter with no guts. I bought an 3" X-Force High Flow cat. My exhaust is loud enough as it is, I dont want to have a smell to go with it. lol.