SAU Community

Need Help

Nellie.1

Hey guys

S1 series stag, when reversing with full lock the outside wheel makes a grinding noise and seems to bounce

been to a few garages noboby in vic seems to know what they are talking about, any comments would be a great help :blink:

Front diff, front CV joint or semi siezed wheel bearing at a guess. Maybe jack the front of tha car up and check for any freeplay / noises from the front wheels one at a time. This is kinda a hard one to diagnose without seeing it. Where abouts are you located?

Hey guys

S1 series stag, when reversing with full lock the outside wheel makes a grinding noise and seems to bounce

been to a few garages noboby in vic seems to know what they are talking about, any comments would be a great help :blink:

Had the same thing in past.

Would not always happen, but when it did happen, the fear of god was put into my wallet.

Funny thing is that when I upgraded my wheels from 17" to 18", the noise stopped.

odd.

www.nissco.com.au 9761 4743 Speak to Randy, Ryan sent ya... He knows his shit, been around long enough too :(

check synchro button next to rear demister button, check inner guards are properly attached etc.

Front diff, front CV joint or semi siezed wheel bearing at a guess. Maybe jack the front of tha car up and check for any freeplay / noises from the front wheels one at a time. This is kinda a hard one to diagnose without seeing it. Where abouts are you located?

Already had the front drive shaft replaced 'mechanics theory' located in victoria.

Already had the front drive shaft replaced 'mechanics theory' located in victoria.

:huh: I didn't mention the front drive shaft.

the front drive shaft cant really have anything to do with it - there is an open centre diff and CV joints between there and the wheels.....