SAU Community

V8 V R33 Gtr

08yannch

V8 v R33 GTR  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

hi i do under stand that this is a skyline website and i my self have a skyline and it is my pride and joy

but just putting a hypothetical out there lets say that u were offered a R33 GTR for free stock and no strings attached

but then the person giving u the car says that for free they will put a V8 like the ford aluminum 4.8L DOHC or GM small block that is similar u get the idea

would u keep it stock or will u get the V8

this is my first poll so soz if i stuffed it up

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your saying that someone would actually swap the legendary rb26 for a GM or ford v8? does that include the 7litre ls engine they put in the corvette?

The new zr1 engine puts out 600+ hp so that wouls be my choice but if its just the crappy 5.7, 4.8litre engines then id rather the stock rb26.

lol stock r33 for sure haha

the V8 has to be a small block because in the real world a big block will be real hard to fit in a skyline

ford sell out of the box motors fully dressed with +500hp and it is a small block and good for daly driving

http://www.fordracingparts.com/crateengine/modularcobra.asp

so the small blocks can put out a bit more power then ppl give them credit for

or on the other hand u can go with a RB26 which is still real good

if still 4wd, then v8. if not, then stock.

what makes you ask this? is it ever going to happen? bit random.... or are you thinkin of putting a V8 in one but too ashamed to admit it?

as a side note, someone up in sydney is building a VH41 (45?) power R32 GTR, still retaining the 4wd, with a couple of turbos thrown in for good measure. i think its performance metalcraft that are doing it..... cant remember now though

If the V8 can somehow be adapted to work with the ATESSA then I'd take the V8. Otherwise I'll stick with the RB26 and ATESSA (what good is lots of power without traction?).

fun thats what!

there are millions of r33's out there so do it, be different

some guy on boostcruising put a nissan v8 (not sure of the name of the engine) into his r33 it was doing low 12's from memory

Edited by thorpe84

RB26 all the way.

Thats the reason for turbo chargers, don't need all those Cubic Inches IMO.

And whatever top end you can achive with a V8, you can do the same with a 2.6lt Straight 6 Twin Turbo.

Thats how I see it anyway, I enjoy the feeling of the boost kicking and high reving cars.

what happened to johnny... that's 2 posts of his that have quoted that i havent seen now...

did he say 1 too many things about ash? :)

Yeah what happened to that aquaplanning thread? Who made a threat lol.