SAU Community

Non-turbo Supra To 32gts-t

forget the R32

the R33 that followed was built as a much much better car than the R32 even though they are a heavier car a few cheap suspension mods will improve its handling ten fold.

the RB25DET is a ripper with loads more torque throughout the rev range and a smoother power delivery. The engine is 500cc bigger, has a higher compression ratio 9.0.1, variable valve timing on the intake, and a higher flowing head. The Turbo and intercooler are also slightly larger. its basically a better car. and cheap mods make them fairly quick. straight line 0-100 speed is excellent my R33 on my gtech did a 0-100 in 4.9 seconds on a fairly flat surface with only ~205kw standard turbo semi's on the rear.

simple bolt ons and a cheap remapped ECU gave me a 50% power increase over standard.

Edited by DrewII

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why dont you keep it at turbo vs turbo instead of saying my gtst would flog a n/a anyday. If it didnt there would be something wrong.

Go with what you want. Sounds of things you like the idea of a TT Supra but cant and couldnt afford one. Why not a single turbo? i know for a fact they go well, bolt on mods and they leave a gts-t behind.

R32 or 33, my preference is a 33, that being said i wont buy another skyline. Nothing against them i am just bored.

take different cars for a test drive and buy the one you like the most, not what we tell you. Majority of people on this forum will say Skyline, go to Supra forum and they will say Supra.

Buy what you like to drive. Oh and make sure you can afford it. Insurance is a killer now days, same as petrol.

Supralicious has a non-turbo Supra..

exaclty, i know that

you couldve just said ..2JZ-GTE from a TT supra.....

rather than sounding fancy saying Aristo.....LOL

most people in aust dont know what that car is......

and if u want a 2JZ-GTE from the specific ARISTO............good luck in finding one....

from a wrecked supra TT would be much more efficient and practical dude..................

lol "aristo"

:P

Not to slag out Supras, a mate of mine owns one. Having driven a mates 97 SZ-R 6 Speed n/a Supra and having owned an R33 GTST, Stock for stock the 33 leaves it for dead all day every day. The R32 being lighter with similar power output but less torque than the Supra would be on par with the JZA80 but would handle better. I went into driving my mates Supra with great expectations and left with great disappointment, it felt torquey but if felt like something was lacking in the top end, It looked like I was driving a sports car - but I felt I was driving a Falcon XR6 or Commodore S! (same power to weight ratio) If it went as well as it looked it'd beat a Ferrari! My stock 240k old 1991 MR2 used to hold the JZA80 off in a straight line

Dont discount the R33 GTST as well you will get better gains from modding an RB25DET over the RB20DET, unless you plan to put one in an R32! If u want handling go the R32, you want power go the 33.

You talk about the stigma of owning a 33. What about the stigma of owning a Supra?

you mentioned JZA80...thats the Model of the supra.....

a Mr2 does not even compare in speed or accelration of the JZA80 2JZ-GTE.

you havent proved a point in your post, you knocked the Non-turbo supra.......and so have i...........and most of all ...so did Supralicious...thats the point of this thread...how he wants to change to somethign else.

the supra TT is much more efficiant, powerful & miles more responsive to modifications than the RB25DET, RB20DET..that you have mentioned.

to many tuners, the 2JZ-GTE in HIGH horsepower output...is much more favoured than the RB26DETT even........

exaclty, i know that

you couldve just said ..2JZ-GTE from a TT supra.....

rather than sounding fancy saying Aristo.....LOL

most people in aust dont know what that car is......

and if u want a 2JZ-GTE from the specific ARISTO............good luck in finding one....

from a wrecked supra TT would be much more efficient and practical dude..................

lol "aristo"

:D

LOL... APPOLOGIES if you had to google around "ARISTO" ....noobs... :)

why dont you keep it at turbo vs turbo instead of saying my gtst would flog a n/a anyday. If it didnt there would be something wrong.

Go with what you want. Sounds of things you like the idea of a TT Supra but cant and couldnt afford one. Why not a single turbo? i know for a fact they go well, bolt on mods and they leave a gts-t behind.

R32 or 33, my preference is a 33, that being said i wont buy another skyline. Nothing against them i am just bored.

take different cars for a test drive and buy the one you like the most, not what we tell you. Majority of people on this forum will say Skyline, go to Supra forum and they will say Supra.

Buy what you like to drive. Oh and make sure you can afford it. Insurance is a killer now days, same as petrol.

well im from a skyline forum and im saying "supra" lol

lets put it this way.... GT-R is gods gift to man.............i am a BIG time GTE-R fan, with a passion....

but Supra TT is proven to be a much more effective and efficient killer than the GTS-T.

My apologies, I've been busy as anything and haven't had a chance to check back in here and read all the posts until now.

The idea of a engine drop / bolting a turbo on isn't one that's foreign to me but the more you look into it, the less sense it makes. It's a minimum $6k+ exercise and your still left with the crappier SZ suspension, brakes and gearbox. It'd make much more sense to sell the n/a and buy a TT, then go from there. As I've said though, I can't afford to do that at the moment.

I've appreciated the input surrounding the 32s, and I've decided I don't think that's the car for me. My plan at the moment is to buy something sensible(ish) and just save for a TT in a years time. No use compromising, as people have said.

My apologies, I've been busy as anything and haven't had a chance to check back in here and read all the posts until now.

The idea of a engine drop / bolting a turbo on isn't one that's foreign to me but the more you look into it, the less sense it makes. It's a minimum $6k+ exercise and your still left with the crappier SZ suspension, brakes and gearbox. It'd make much more sense to sell the n/a and buy a TT, then go from there. As I've said though, I can't afford to do that at the moment.

I've appreciated the input surrounding the 32s, and I've decided I don't think that's the car for me. My plan at the moment is to buy something sensible(ish) and just save for a TT in a years time. No use compromising, as people have said.

yes also keep in mind from memory if you upgrade to a turbo on a non-turbo car....something about the requirements is that you need to replace the brakes to be engineered...

same for your non-turbo supra.....

LOL... APPOLOGIES if you had to google around "ARISTO" ....noobs... :P

You do understand that the Aristo motor will not go straight into the supra, it's a major dick around and your better of finding the supra cut.

You do understand that the Aristo motor will not go straight into the supra, it's a major dick around and your better of finding the supra cut.

yo..

why doesnt it fit? any esxplanation?

yeah thats what i was trying to tell him............

the aristo 2jz-GTE is are rare as bat shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let alone trying to find one fully wrecked as a half cut......... if there is any half cuts available........

plenty of supra cuts out there.......

yo..

why doesnt it fit? any esxplanation?

yeah thats what i was trying to tell him............

the aristo 2jz-GTE is are rare as bat shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

let alone trying to find one fully wrecked as a half cut......... if there is any half cuts available........

plenty of supra cuts out there.......

There are differences. And yes, it's a dick around (to the order of 7k if a workshop does it all). Dunno why you think Supra cuts (At least A80s) are all over the place? Not to mention, for a 6spd TT cut your looking at some SERIOUS buckage.

Anyway, it's all moot as the Supra sold today. Will be in the market for a 32/sil/180 very soon! Woot. :)

There are differences. And yes, it's a dick around (to the order of 7k if a workshop does it all). Dunno why you think Supra cuts (At least A80s) are all over the place? Not to mention, for a 6spd TT cut your looking at some SERIOUS buckage.

Anyway, it's all moot as the Supra sold today. Will be in the market for a 32/sil/180 very soon! Woot. :)

well a supra TT cut is alot alot ALOT more common than a Aristo cut...(if any)

try a R34 GT-R front cut............if thats expensive.

well thats when your personal budget comes in to play. i personally dont think supra TT cuts are expensive.

but its your call in what you wana buy

id say buy a cheap car for now to get you to and fro........

and when you save up...buy something good.....

not something haLF arsed.....

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump the thread but I thought I'd conclude the story...

Ended up buying an sr 180. Definitely loving it! Much quicker, 6k spare after the sale of the Supra and it even has an r32 front end, so its a win win!

Cheers for the advice throughout guys, especially the dude who suggested a 180. :P

It's definitely a sky80 guys! Here's some piccies, just shitty in driveway pics atm. Don't really do it justice. 32 front on a 180 really looks the business in the flesh. Metal guards too, not fibreglass.

Here she is...

my180rearrightfp6.jpg

180frontrightinshedgn9.jpg

my180tq7.jpg

note - bonnet isn't sitting flush due to spacers from last owner and yes, currently on defect.

It's definitely a sky80 guys! Here's some piccies, just shitty in driveway pics atm. Don't really do it justice. 32 front on a 180 really looks the business in the flesh. Metal guards too, not fibreglass.

Here she is...

note - bonnet isn't sitting flush due to spacers from last owner and yes, currently on defect.

currently on defect?

from you/ or the past owner?

if not.....in other words you bought the car whilst its defected?

gee, u must of really liked it