SAU Community

Show Us Ya Tattoos!

RubyRS4

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who don't like tatts, yeah that's cool but can those who do share there interests without being attacked? Called tacky, cheap and tryhard?...

f**k I don't like kids or cricket but u don't see me letting loose on those threads....

People like different things :)

No need to attack them for it. Ok sweet, no more shit posts.

Hey, Penny, lucky for you your parents didn't share the same point of view... then again, if they did it would all be totally irrelevant :)

I don't have any tatt's (the missus was keen for me to get one or two - not my style) but I've seen the odd rare one that looks okay... until the person ages (60+) and then it looks, well to be honest, tacky. I'm yet to meet a grand parent that doesn't hide their tattoos, or wishes they hadn't had them done in the first place.

Well, I've never met your grand father, so my comment still stands.

One of my uncles reached the level of Commander in the Aust Navy (at Commander level it's the norm' to be a CO of a unit) He had numerous tattoos from his years of service and he always regretted them - he hid them as best he could.

I've been in the military for almost 20 years, and I can honestly say I'm yet to find anyone that is as keen on his or her tatt's as they were in their younger years. Make of that what you will.

All I'm saying is, that over time the enthusiasm of youth gives way to the age of regret. In a fair number of cases - in my personal experience - people with tatt's have regrets about ever having had them done in the first place, or at the very least, having so many that they've become hard to hide.

I have no dicko

qft

Fun?

Main Entry: 1dit·to

Pronunciation: \ˈdi-(ˌ)tō\

Function: noun

Inflected Form(s): plural dittos

Etymology: Italian ditto, detto, past participle of dire to say, from Latin dicere — more at diction

Date: circa 1639

1 : a thing mentioned previously or above —used to avoid repeating a word —often symbolized by inverted commas or apostrophes

2 : a ditto mark

Edited by madbung

I work for Government as a Project Officer .

which government department? I used to do that at the department of health n ageing, they wouldn’t give a rats what tats u got there.

seems to be a bit of unnecessary hate on here. remember its permanent what they have done, its a lil late to convince them out of it so leave it be. although i do feel it should be considered by people thinking about getting 1 how are you gonna feel about it when your older. not a big fan of them in general but each to there own always laugh when people get them as late night drunk spur of the minute decision, nice move for something that permanent.

also sharing info on who does good 1's is good idea as my x had a lil butterfly that looked like a moth. her mum paid for it on the 18th bday as a suprise so she had about 15min to pick what exactly she wanted permanently on her, was only small so i could live with it. but 1 day she decided to get a tatto friend to fix it as it was mainly the colouring wrong with it. apparently though there's some code about not touching others work so she just decided to add speed lines to the moth and make a friggen mess :) was a awkward convo when i was asked "do you like it" can it be changed no so its best to just say thats great :P smile and wave just smile and wave. maybe thats why we split who knows :)

now bring on the scars thread :P

thanks for the education madbung :P

Edited by Inline 6

My Dicko is a pimple

:P

Yeah figured as much Craig re: ditto/dicko

Btw is that the face of baby Jesus I see in one of your stars?

Looks like a little face in there, serious.

Edited by madbung

I got this about 2 years ago now its on my left leg love it, Gives me strength when i fight dragon kicks :( lol but i hope maybe end of next year ill get this..

Sorry about the shit quality but my old camera phone.

post-51556-1229379376_thumb.jpg

Want to get this Kyokushin karate tat maybe next year i hope

post-51556-1229379416_thumb.jpg

Bored ... and I'm in the middle of designing the next ink work to go on me :)

Post up pics of the tatts you got ... no posting of tatts you're thinking of getting or going to get. Pics of tatts on your skin only.

Here's a pic of two of my tatts (all my tatts are my own designs):

Another tatt I do want is this

shotokan.gif

:(

:(

Yes, well unfortunately Damo the thread dissolved into what people are "going to get". :) I've got plenty of tatts to prove I'm not just all talk. There is more ink work to come. :down:

Here's the other arm:

TattLAback.jpgTattLAfront.jpgTattLAfront.jpg

TattLAside.jpg