SAU Community

Superlap 2009 Gets A Green Light!

Superlap Australia

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fatz what did you do the thread stalled?

Who is doing what improvements to their cars for this Superlap?

we have ditched using the HKS coilovers off "twoogle' and will hopefully have new front upper arms (JP :laugh: ). We have some British made Quantum coilovers for the car but will still use the Tein caster rods and JIC and Nismo rear suspension arms off my car. The breathing issues will be sorted with Mines rocker cover baffles and two catch tanks (a JJR style one above the rockers and a Performance Metalcraft item where the battery normally lives). Ill also run a breather line off the rear turbo drain to further 'vent' the bottom end as it is now blocked off due to the single turbo set-up. It should see more than 3 laps this time (touching wood as i type) :) .

If Luke doesn't go to F1 he's confident the car will see 1.15's...if Dave drives a PB would be the target time.

Edited by DiRTgarage

My car is running, thats a big enough change for me :(

Will be back in Aus next week JP and hoping to arrange to do OP the week before along with a day at Wakefield mid week to get some seat time. So may need to book the car in for a fluid change and once over before heading out to OP for Superlap

My car is running, thats a big enough change for me :)

Will be back in Aus next week JP and hoping to arrange to do OP the week before along with a day at Wakefield mid week to get some seat time. So may need to book the car in for a fluid change and once over before heading out to OP for Superlap

Sounds good Dirt man and need time in the car and sorting more than anything. All in the right direction though, and bound to be faster. Russ and Mark with their R34 if finished and sorted in time will be awesome. Troy no probs mate, will be great to have you out there, it has been awhile especially SYdney Nov three years ago wasn't it?

I have Bozman driving who has given up F1 for Superlap, more fun he says. We should be doing 14's maybe 13's with improvements we have done and still doing to the The Slot Car.

Who is doing what improvements to their cars for this Superlap?

The improvement Ive done is buy a chair to sit on, cause Im not entering this time!

yogi - Last time we got three sessions and one was cut short because of a douche in an rx7!

Well i am going to try a bridge port to try and improve the flow. I was told it would be better to run a bridge port or a peripheral port rather then bigger cams.

Yeah nah, gotta disagree there Roy. IMO, you'd be much better served going the Extend Port route.....

Throwing questions out in the open :P

Should cars like the Lotus be allowed to run in this type of event?

If so, should we only allow cars with original engines..........mods are free.

Or, all cars must have engines in the front.

Don't kill me, but I am thinking this event could be taken over by sportscars after hearing what sort of sportscars are being built.

The likes of BEL/WALDO, BERRY/NEWMAN, LOFTUS, MARKOV will not stand a chance against cars half the weight.

I have been offered to run a Lotus in Open, but I do not think it is the spirit of the rules. But it does have the original engine.

Personally i think these cars give the event the stature it requires. However i dont understand why "rear engined 6 cylinder cars" are outlawed and the Exiges allowed to run?!? The Exiges are no different from a Carrera Cup car in that they are basically homologated GT3 cars, though instead of running V8s, turbocharged 4s that Lotus have configured the various racing Exiges with, these things run supercharged Honda engines.

Any chassis that has run in GT3 or higher class of motorsport should be excluded from entering. The event is about tuned cars, not ex race cars. Otherwise rather then sink $100,000 into a GTR, EVO, WRX etc you would just grab a 3+ year old GT3 Corvette, Viper, Elise, M3, Mustang etc etc with all the costly engineering done and punt the thing.

Hell, wasnt the old Prancing Horse Racing Mustang for sale real cheap? John Bowe got some pace out of that thing and it was hamstrung by the rules. Throw some bits at it, remove some other bits and you would have a sub 70k car that would be leading the field.

But, it is what it is and it gives the tuned cars something to chase

which closet dirt??

yours...im the closet monster you are still frightened of.

:mage:

Dave didn't really say why but he said he wasn't competing...Maybe he is not confident to drive the car as hard as it needs to be to be competitive...i guess ill be smuggling cans in and drinking them out of my jacket pocket with Fatz. :)

Edited by DiRTgarage

Dave didn't really say why but he said he wasn't competing...Maybe he is not confident to drive the car as hard as it needs to be to be competitive...i guess ill be smuggling cans in and drinking them out of my jacket pocket with Fatz. :)

Do what others do and get a pro driver to drive it...

Problem solved. :mage: