SAU Community

Car Trailer Or Transport Truck?

kx2fity

Having a bit of a dilemma trying to decide and organise transport of my 32 GTR.

As some of you may be aware my car has just had a major restore job done on it over the last year which included replacing panels, mouldings, pans kit etc and now has a fresh coat of paint.

I need to get the car back to Albany (the car is complied but unregistered) so have organised to get the car put on a 'Car transport Truck', but am now thinking the car is to low to get on to truck without scratching up the front lip?

I am aware I could take of the front bar but then I would have to organise transport of that also!

Idea of how low it is about 2.5 inches to ground

post-31633-1228978422_thumb.jpg

The car is also not starting at the moment (fueling issue) so therefore cant get temporary movement permit and drive it!

Was thinking I mite get a car trailer and tow it down myself? Has anyone had success using a car trailer and not removing front bumper etc?

I am Just really after some peoples opinions?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Edited by kx2fity

Spewin' you can't drive it, I went to Albany a few weeks ago for a paintball training camp - drove the 'line there and it was reasonably fun :D

Yeh its not to bad a drive I used to do it all the time in my GTS-T but yet to take the GTR on the trek!

your insurance won't cover a car if it is damaged on a car trailer

Yeh true mate but I dont see any other way! I also have the problem of working away and not being there if we were to load it up on a car carrier!

i use CEVA to transport my cars. they have afuuly enclosed truck with a lift on it so high is no problem. Will cost a little more than a tow car with trailer but for piece of mind its good.

http://www.cevacarcarrying.com.au/Services/Service.aspx#4

check the bottom of this link i think they have one of these trailers in Perth.

Thanks for your input guys!

I have checked out CEVA am just waiting for a reply quote!

I think your correct GWP021 when you tow another vehicle the cover on the vehicle you are driving 'if full cover" usually covers it!

I managed to get the oldman to let me borrow his BT-50 so if need be I am going to tow it down now- just need to hire a good car trailer!