SAU Community

R33 Wont Start With Pod Any Reason

chrisgero

I've tried to replace my Box filter on my R33 Turbo with a Pod filter and she won't start, I get a single crank nothing more. I put back the old filter & she purrrrrs. All I have done to the vehicle is add a JCAR Air & Fuel adjuster, large intercooler, boosted to 11lb & goes very good.

Any Ideas would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
are you bolting it into the engine bay and not putting it on the shiny cylinder under the back of the car?

Sorry guys,

I'm now confused when you say "putting it on the shiny cylinder" I am actually replacing or taking a way the original box at the front on the engine bay and hooking up or replacing it with the Pod filter by inserting the tube that connects to the box. Is this incorect.

Is their more to do !!!!!

yeh sound like you've missed the afm. Otherwise i guess he would have said something about an adapter for AFM to Pod

that thing connected to your airbox, the clyinder type thing with the squareish box on top with wires coming out of it measures the airflow into your engine. Without this your car thinks it is getting no air and will not run

yeh sound like you've missed the afm. Otherwise i guess he would have said something about an adapter for AFM to Pod

that thing connected to your airbox, the clyinder type thing with the squareish box on top with wires coming out of it measures the airflow into your engine. Without this your car thinks it is getting no air and will not run

Everyone who helped,

I had another look & I NOW understand what this Cylinder/adapter thing is required to connect the POD filter (see pic). I need to remove the bottom part of my plastic box which has 4 bolts plus the wires and attach an adapter to the AFM for the POD to work. (would this be correct).

What I was doing is taking away the whole box + the wires and attaching the POD with no wires and no AFM.

Nothing easy

post-12266-1231061120_thumb.jpg

that's correct, you need to have the AFM connected with the pod on the end of it where it bolts onto the stock airbox. the car will not start without the AFM connected on the stock computer.

that's correct, you need to have the AFM connected with the pod on the end of it where it bolts onto the stock airbox. the car will not start without the AFM connected on the stock computer.

Cheers problem solved, I'm only learning.

are you bolting it into the engine bay and not putting it on the shiny cylinder under the back of the car?
Sorry guys,

I'm now confused when you say "putting it on the shiny cylinder" I am actually replacing or taking a way the original box at the front on the engine bay and hooking up or replacing it with the Pod filter by inserting the tube that connects to the box. Is this incorect.

Is their more to do !!!!!

lol i laughed

but ye you always need your afm plugged to the car. unless you run an ECU that dosnt require one.

happy modding :D