SAU Community

Hid Group Buy #3

NYTSKY

They can be defectable yes.

As long as you get a sensible colour temp and have your headlights angled properly i dont think you will have a problem.

I have HIDs in both of my cars and never had a problem.

I heard you weren't allowed a different colour light at all? What do you mean by angled properly? I really want blue lights but not if i'm going to get defected for it lol.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi mate,

The bluest i would go is 6000k,the jump to 8000k is very blue and will get some unwanted attention.

You should always check your beam level after installing HIDs. What was once an ok height with halogens might now be blinding other drivers.

90% of the time you will need to adjust your headlights down.

Here are actual colour temps of the BOSCH HID kits in action.

4300kprojector.jpg

6000kprojector.jpg

8000kprojector.jpg

I would only recommend the 8000k if you had projector style headlights such as these. 8000k in the reflector style is just too dazzling to oncoming drivers and does attract unwanted attention.

Hi mate,

The bluest i would go is 6000k,the jump to 8000k is very blue and will get some unwanted attention.

You should always check your beam level after installing HIDs. What was once an ok height with halogens might now be blinding other drivers.

90% of the time you will need to adjust your headlights down.

Okay, i'd be going for the helligkeit HID kit if i were to get some lights and isn't 6000k in the helligkeits a diamond white, not a blue?

Also how long does it take to recieve these lights?