SAU Community

78 Yr Old Caught Under Hoon Laws

GTR-N1

Did I hear this correctly?

A 78 Yr old man in a red Skyline was caught under Hoon laws at Warrigal. He's reportedly been speeding at 170Km/Hr and had his car confiscated.

He reclaimed the vehicle at a cost of $600 according to a report. Ooooooweee!

What on earth was he thinking?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL it's got the media on the "road toll increases each year" band wagon....I wonder if they realise the inexperienced driving population increases each year as well? Most likely per capita the road toll is actually dropping, but that would just be a bit too controversial to admit!!!!

just so people know, that isnt a standard gtir... nismo anyone :laugh:

anyways this guy is one crazy old fella. ive seen him on some race days overtake some gt3 porsches in that thing :D get my drift.

ahh the memories

anyways poor bloke..

ciao

probably the same mentality I'll be having when I'm that age. I think a lot of us probably thought about it sometime in our lives. "When I get to that age, why the hell should I care about what the law says, I'll be kicking the bucket soon so i'll do what I like while I can still enjoy it. You can take my car, I'll get a new one, you take my license I'll keep driving without one. You try to arrest me and I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

probably the same mentality I'll be having when I'm that age. I think a lot of us probably thought about it sometime in our lives. "When I get to that age, why the hell should I care about what the law says, I'll be kicking the bucket soon so i'll do what I like while I can still enjoy it. You can take my car, I'll get a new one, you take my license I'll keep driving without one. You try to arrest me and I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

There's a woman in the Manly Daily recently who got into an accident trying to park her car, already had her licence cancelled to 2099 and now they added another 10 years to that - she's in her 80s!! big whoop! Fined her $300 plus court costs or something as well, seriously. Once you get to that age they won't lock you up because there would be a community outcry.

Her attitude was the same as well, "stuff you all". Several times during the hearing the judge told her to be quiet because she was representing herself and would arc up and have a go at people whenever she felt like it. And she's getting away with it.

Even though 170 on a public road is a bit "spirited" I think they way the government is trying to bundle speeding into the same basket as drink driving and murder is rediculous.

A lot of their campaigns are based on the "even 1kmh over" bullshit, lets face it that's a load of bollocks. All speed limits are based on a decision by some twerp in the city planner section, or worse.

I've been on many signposted 100kmh roads that have put the fear of god into me if I've gone over 80kmh.

The government needs to man up, stop feeding eveyone bullshit statistics and maybe go for the truth. Getting the road toll to under 300 will be impossible as the drving population booms each year, maybe if they randomly disqualified a million licences it may get down that low.

Surely someone out there has tallied up that each year more and more money is injected into road safety, yet the road toll goes up.....how about we pull all police funding, maybe the toll will go down? :D

I know this guy reasonably well. There are few people even half his age who can drive a car fast as well as he can. I'm not condoning what he did - it was stupid. But why all the hoo-ha over this? In Lorne a few days ago, "a 62 year old man" - not "Fred Jones, a 62 year old man" - at a speed nowhere near 170kph, managed to:

not negotiate a corner

mount the footpath

drive through a group of pedestrians

drive over an embankment

and park his car on top of 2 others.

He caused injuries to several people, including 2 small children who had to be air-lifted to the Children's Hospital.

Where's the public / media outcry? Where are the comments from Brumby and Nixon on the intelligence or otherwise of the "62 year old man"?

This "62 year old man" has changed the lives of dozens of people. But it seems that this is acceptable - it seems that everyone's attitude amounts to "oh well, s**t happens".

Our "hoon" didn't hurt anyone - he simply got caught being stupid.

I know this guy reasonably well. There are few people even half his age who can drive a car fast as well as he can. I'm not condoning what he did - it was stupid. But why all the hoo-ha over this? In Lorne a few days ago, "a 62 year old man" - not "Fred Jones, a 62 year old man" - at a speed nowhere near 170kph, managed to:

not negotiate a corner

mount the footpath

drive through a group of pedestrians

drive over an embankment

and park his car on top of 2 others.

He caused injuries to several people, including 2 small children who had to be air-lifted to the Children's Hospital.

Where's the public / media outcry? Where are the comments from Brumby and Nixon on the intelligence or otherwise of the "62 year old man"?

This "62 year old man" has changed the lives of dozens of people. But it seems that this is acceptable - it seems that everyone's attitude amounts to "oh well, s**t happens".

Our "hoon" didn't hurt anyone - he simply got caught being stupid.

In all fairness, the media did give that particular story a lot of coverage and the guy is being charged with careless driving. Still, as much as I love motorsport, it's hard to justify 170 km/h on our roads.