SAU Community

Got Over 400kw Atw?

T04GTR

No that is not normal... What tyres, what width and what suspension do you have?

Without much information my guess would be you have a dead transfer case if you are losing traction in 3rd

Theres also the possibility the ATTESSA hasn't been properly bled meaning it'll be more or less RWD… Just a thought that is. I bled mine up after changing to my old twin plate and it made a world of difference.

If the gearbox has come out at any stage the ATTESSA needs to be bled

The I shift I don't have that on at the moment. My 60' was a 1.795 which is not bad considering it was my second Time at the runs. Can't wait for this box should get better results. You think I should leave the 4.11 with the ppg box getting the clutch sent to Jim berry to get strengthened. Will be stronger then a full Monty clutch

The PPG dog sets or the helical synchro. I've spoken to their sales guy at length. He reckons the dog box is fine, just man up. We have 3-4 guys that will be buying a set at once, just a matter of when.

I've been in a GTR with straight cut box and it sounds tough, as a daily though its not suitable

Character building, mofo. Along with the pumps, diffs and who knows what else :D

sime1, swap out the suspension, if the bilstiens and kings are still in it that is, they worked OK on the track but they are rubbish on the strip, way to stiff.

You may need to get the rear springs custom made though, I ended up getting the black springs that I sold with the car made up, standard height but a bit stiffer to stop it squatting and hitting the outside edge of the tyres, that is if you are still running the 32 rims and 255 50 16 M/T's.

It was a quick fix at the time, but I never did get around to getting a drag type suspension set up before I sold it.

I think that different suspension alone will get you into the 10's.

I would get different shock and spring package for the drags, I did a bit of research on this when I had the boat, the rear shocks need to be able to drop but they don't come back up as quick or something, the front need to raise and stay up to help transfer the weight to the rear, the spring rates? I have no idea.

I would ask around at the drags, watch whose cars lift the front and drop the rear and hook up well, then ask them what they are using, from my experience most guys are quite willing to share the knowledge.

Remember that you will need some positive camber wound into the rear due to IRS and the inevitable negative camber that will come when it squats, I ran 0.5 positive for the drags from memory.