SAU Community

drving hard

streamer

hey guys...

heh pardon my ignorance...

im drvin a 95 r33 gts...no turbo...:)

just wondering, occasionally, now that im informed by bam n sum otha ppl i can just pop by the plex on a sunday and do runs if i like, is there nething i shd be aware of?

like driving yr car hard prolonged could lead to this that this that...

an occasional whack to 180 on private roads? can spoil e car?

just wondering...if theres nethin i shd be aware of or shd not be doin till i do anythin to the car

thanks

:D

Originally posted by streamer

like driving yr car hard prolonged could lead to this that this that...

not really unless you're doing circuit work....just watch out for the oil and water temps....

but for the occasional road excercises....there shouldn't be much of a problem...just keep your heater on for a few minutes should do fine...

These cars are meant to be driven hard.

To me it's like asking if your BMW M3 can be safely* taken up to 250km/h (*mechanically speaking of course).

Skylines are supremely stable at very high speed. The motors are very responsive with the balance to go to the red constantly.

At speed I fear nothing for the car - just the police :)

T.

Originally posted by streamer

< snip >

driving hard? Talk about reading hard. :( That post was frikkin impossible to read.

But from the little I understood, no there should be no permanent damage as the car was designed to be driven hard. The occasional fang won't do damage unless the car's not been maintained well.

good point actually.. like how much punishment can a skyline take day in day out without it actually snapping? Do they start blowing smoke and things? I've never actually seen a skyline that looks "sick" but i guess they aren't at that age where that would become obvious I spose..

not that i really do that to my car, but just curious :P

the only answer is "depends", but I regularly take my stocker out on the track and use all of its potential when I'm out there.... never had a problem.

Personally, I think with quality fluids, stock boost and mixtures they can take plenty. Its when you move outside the tolerances that the manufacturer expected that you can have problems.

And don't forget a sump baffle.

haha just take Gtrken for example .... takes a R32 GTR wth an awfully worn motor .... drags a Mits GTO .... yeah hurts it a little but it keeps solidering on ..... then takes it to JMS drifta-thon .... with clutch n engine worn gives it a good thrashng there .... starts makng weird noses after but it still soliders on

...... theres cars are meant for this over a long period of time .... sure theres going to be slight damage over time but for most part thats why they are called "performance" vehicles!! they are built for speed n an occasional hammerin ..... dont stress .... enjoy!! :D

....... i accept no liability in engine harm that comes from this advice :D