SAU Community

Sourcing A V35 Windscreen

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions as to where I could pick up a v35 coupe windscreen.

Mine had a large chip in it, so the first glass shop I spoke to said they could replace the screen for $280.

After they assured me that it was definantly the right screen and it would fit, they ripped out the old one (smashing it) and found their new one was 1 inch to large.

So now after 6 weeks of phone calls and waiting around they have stopped returning calls and I still have a v35 with no screen etc etc.

I rang almost every windscreen fitter in VIC yesterday and havent had any luck, I can get genuine from nissan for $1350 but just thought I would enquire on here to see if anyone else had any sugestions.

I will try ring some of the compliance workshops today to see if they have any idea's either.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks All

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions as to where I could pick up a v35 coupe windscreen.

Mine had a large chip in it, so the first glass shop I spoke to said they could replace the screen for $280.

After they assured me that it was definantly the right screen and it would fit, they ripped out the old one (smashing it) and found their new one was 1 inch to large.

So now after 6 weeks of phone calls and waiting around they have stopped returning calls and I still have a v35 with no screen etc etc.

I rang almost every windscreen fitter in VIC yesterday and havent had any luck, I can get genuine from nissan for $1350 but just thought I would enquire on here to see if anyone else had any sugestions.

I will try ring some of the compliance workshops today to see if they have any idea's either.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks All

Ash

I was searching the net yesterday for nissan parts and found a Sydney wrecker currently selling off parts from a damaged v35 coupe. Cant remember the site but shouldnt be hard to find. The bonnett looked stuffed but all glass and other panels seemed perfect

Good luck

Hey it looks like going for genuine Nissan was cheaper then my option. I was gonna import one for twice the price. Thanks for bringing this up, you saved me quite a bit.

Hey I hope those tools that killed your windscreen did compensate you. Do you have the name of that place? I don't live down in VIC but I like to know any place that should be avoided.

Good luck in your search. :)

a major company does screens for the SEDANS. that sounds like the one you found. they do them nationwide.

never had to look for a coupe one though so I cannot be of help there.

I'd say the fellow didnt think to ask for coupe or sedan when he booked it. ( the shop that I was at had to specify so they got the right one.)

Ash

I was searching the net yesterday for nissan parts and found a Sydney wrecker currently selling off parts from a damaged v35 coupe. Cant remember the site but shouldnt be hard to find. The bonnett looked stuffed but all glass and other panels seemed perfect

Good luck

hi mate would be great if you could find the name of these wreckers if you could for your fellow v35 drivers

Wow!

Lots of reply's thanks heaps guys!

I didnt get any compensation from the 1st guys, the best they place could offer was to put me onto someone who was going to try make a windscreen, but there was no guarantee's and they said it wouldent be as good as a manafactured one and he wanted around $450.

A large piece of the problem is actually due to this guys supplier, they imported a bunch of screens from china that were supposed to be 2dr v35 screens but were actually 4dr screens labeled wrong.

However then everyone ducked for cover, and the whole situation was just handled poorly, with me being the only one really effected.

Anyway!

I tried a few compliance workshops yday, tried Kamikaze (Cheers Blitz) They said they are going to try source one but I havent herd back yet.

Tried looking at importing one through importmonster.com they were really helpful but also said that cost would be 2 great and turnaround would be too long. they were also waiting to hear from nissan in japan on a genuine price, I thought that would be interesting.

Thanks heaps Grae and Andy for the info on the one in sydney, I didnt end up calling them, I managed to find a place that has one interstate but can have it here and fitted in about 1 week for $650

I think I am going to go with that.

I will see if I get any calls today from any of the other glass shops or compliance shops and will keep you guys posted anyway, with my luck it will probably be the wrong size or get broken in transit.

Thanks alot for all the reply's and taking a bit of time to help out, has been a huge help!

If anyone wants the name of the glass shop that I had problems with just PM me!

Thanks again guys!

AsH

Hey Guys,

If anyone was inetersted I now have National Windscreens getting me the screen... booked in for friday this week at $650.

They went to alot of effort to find one and ensure that no other screens matched and so on.

I will let u know if it fits :D

thanks again guys

I had to use National Windscreens when some lowlife smahed the rear window of the Chaser: They (eventually) had to go through Toyota in Japan, who didn't have any stock so had to get one made (apparently). The whole process took around 4 months, but that includes the first 6 weeks of my trying to get a straight answer out of Toyota Australia as to the model number required.

Can't say enough about good things about National: they were helpful, and informative through the whole process....

I know: they just flat refused to talk to Toyota Japan, even though that was the only way to work out which one was required. I think the main iss ue is the head of parts at the local dealership: he is the most arrogant, rude old bastard I've ever met (have complained about him twice anonymously), and that's BEFORE you mention you have an import. We were just going around and around in circles. It was a most frustrating experience...

a few letters :

toyota - EPC

nissan - FAST.

local dealers like me for some reason. I present them with a parts list of what I want and they give me a pile of parts a few weeks later.

for the average person they tend to get the sh1ts. person comes in and say the have a toyota and want a windscreen for it. not they have this version of car and this chassis so the job is a bit easier.

o brien here in brissy had the sedan screens.

a few letters :

toyota - EPC

nissan - FAST.

local dealers like me for some reason. I present them with a parts list of what I want and they give me a pile of parts a few weeks later.

for the average person they tend to get the sh1ts. person comes in and say the have a toyota and want a windscreen for it. not they have this version of car and this chassis so the job is a bit easier.

o brien here in brissy had the sedan screens.

I gave them all the car details. Their computer had 3 different part numbers for rear windscreen. Given that mine was in a million pieces, I was unable to provide them with the specific part number for my car. The other issue was that some chasers had a rear wiper (mine didn't), an they wouldn't/couldn't communicate with toyota Japan. They were given all the information I had on the car from the word go...

Anyway, it's all done now, and I no longer have a Toyota import, so there will be no need for further dealings with them...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I forgot 2 let everyone know that National did Sort out my Screen.

Came out cleaned up the mess and fitted it, so now all back and running again.

Thanx for the input guys and Good luck to anyone who gets stuck in this situation in the future.

AsH