SAU Community

Question Time

iamhe77

Everyone loves a poll, right? right??  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dont do springs before shocks!!! they go pop and car rides badly...

IMO, Do shocks, then mower, then ECU, then brakes, then kit...

What area are you in too be on that much land :)

Heh, certainly NOT Toorak, that is for sure!

(Damn Man! Can you imagine owning a hectare in Toorak - retirement here I come)

Thanks for the hints on springs guys.

Just changed it to a Poll.

Hey! The option was there, why not use it?

ECU + FMIC is the way to go...'cause you already has the 3"turbo back+hi flow ,so your rocket will be ready for take off'(except you have a really good deal with any other part... :) ...deals first ,don't loose them...aaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhh the eternal question WHAT TO DO?????????? :)

i'd say do the suspension and brakes first before you make it go any faster, better to be over equipped for the more HP than under- equipped in my opinion anyway, thats the way i would do, have everything setup so that when all of a sudden you gain an extra 40- 50kw you have all the bits and pieces to make you handle and pull up in time to do it with.

Bradd/

Mate, do the ECU no question, I have an S2 stagea and with mild mods had it dynoed at 163kw. Had an Emanage Ultimate and a Gizzmo EBC fitted and am now doing 203kw at the wheels best money I ever spent plus I reckon I get close to 100ks extra out of a tank. Have a look in the ECU and tuning discussion.

I did all the suspension first e.g. Coilovers / bushes and although i love the way it handles It certainly didn't give me the same thrill as 40kw. Also you may want to think about this when your replacing suspension especially with sportier stuff you may find you have to replace anything with significant wear e.g. bushes and so on as the added strain of sportier suspension plus the change to your driving (You naturally drive a sporty handling car faster imo) will force you to replace these parts else they will wear pretty quick.

My 2 cents anyway. (Wish I had some cash at the moment for some new mods)

so with the e manage ultimate , you buy the unit then you take it to a tuner yes ??? he does all the data and hey presto extra kw's , bettr fuel economy , etc , etc

PRICE ? I'VE SEN THE UNITS FOR ABOUT $1200 , so then i have to pay to have it fitted and tuned for my car ?? :laugh:

You haven't mentioned with your current set up a front mount intercooler (if you have I'm blind) anywayz, if you haven't a front mount, I would go that before anything else.

The M35 has a FMIC although small. He just wants a bigger one. You know , bigger is better.

Definitely the Bilsteins (and swaybars if you can manage). On the highway your average speed will be way up through not having to slow for corners so much and also save on brakes and petrol through not slowing down and speeding up. Stagea brakes are not their weak point anyway unless you want to go racing. I can't see these ecu remaps coming out any time soon just get second hand SITC and SAFC in the meantime. And get some sheep you can eat them at Christmas.

We know what happens to sheep in the land of the long white cloud. I never knew you actually eat them. How gross. LOL.

so with the e manage ultimate , you buy the unit then you take it to a tuner yes ??? he does all the data and hey presto extra kw's , bettr fuel economy , etc , etc

PRICE ? I'VE SEN THE UNITS FOR ABOUT $1200 , so then i have to pay to have it fitted and tuned for my car ?? :(

I dunno how much you would actually gain from just installing an Emanage. I ad the following initial mods and then instaled the Emanage

S2 Stagea Neo

3" fujitsubo Front Pipe and Catback

3" Metal Cat

Trust Front mount

Trust Blow Off Valve

Trust Pod

All that equaled 163awkw on the dyno. (Remembering that a s2 neo is quoted at 206kw as factory although this is measured at the fly i believe)

Install Emanage and Gizzmo ebc hey presto 203kw on 12 pounds of boost, plus the emanage removes the 2 stage boost the stageas have so full boost all the time :(

All this talk of suspension is making me wish I bid on that Nismo suspension in Import Monster a month ago.

6 months old (but, really how can you tell?) in good condition (from photos) for $730 delivered.

BAH!

How the Gods of time mock thee!

$730 delivered!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap! ill be checking out that site methinks

Nah, long gone by now.

Had different numbers than the "official" M35 nismo suspension... but then I saw a thread here with pics of a Nismo M35 spring and it had the SAME NUMBERS as the auction kit! ;)

Could have started tearing throats out if I was around people at that point :)

Edited by iamhe77

I'd say FMIC and ECU...you would definitely notice power gains and fuel savings and with suspension...they will always be there but given the current exchange rate...it's murder to get a set from Japan

I've gotta save up the pennies for a Nistune ECU board so then i can finally install my turbo (HKS GT2535) and get the ECU done and tune it up