SAU Community

Ne Unmarked Radars

533EYA

Alright people i was just travelling along wuduru road in mt cotton and i passed a champagne nissan patrol, that had no signage or police stickers.

It looked a bit suss so I did the U banger and went back to have a look and ended up chatting to one of queenslands finest for the last 20 minutes.

Apparently the amazing queensland government are trialling 3 new unmarked radars, but he could only tell me he thought one of the others was a blue van :dunno:

These new unmarked cars do not need to have any signs present, and you won't even notice them. So it doesn't pay to speed... :D

Just thought I would let everyone know

cheers

joshy

dead set faggots.

now i got to look out for everyhitn parked on the side of the road. soon i'm gonna have to put a speed cut of 80km/h on my car as aposed to 300km/h ffs!!!

Do any of you watch the news? Round christmas they were warning everyone that speed cameras where now going to be unmarked in 2009 AND more hand held detectors will be carried on board cars. they are trying to stop people ringing people and warning them about speed camera's, to try an catch more people to raise money so they can upgrade the area they hold there christmas party. They think that this will make people more cautious when diving because you will never know what a camera car is going to be next. Black mercede vans are the only ones i have seen unmarked so far.

And the general public are mostly behind it. You only get caught if you are doing something wrong.

http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/nov/1...eeding-drivers/

Edited by 000DNK

Yep and real criminals get off or serve minimal sentences.. You gotta wait hrs for police to turn up to a real crime (if the do at all)..

and to top that off the police braeak laws all over the place.. Speeding, parking in Loading docks or DO NOT PARK.. places... All to get their food to feed their fat guts..

The System FTL

once again reference to the "growing road toll" even my nephew could figure out that the road toll grows in-line with the population growth....there is a baseline % of fatalities each year, it doesn't really change and may actually be less, but that multiplied by a larger population of drivers = a bigger number.

Why are the "top" people in government so thick?

Unmarked speed cameras doesn't stop speeding, it just makes people more resentful.

SPEEDING = Voluntary Tax

Don't want to pay don't speed.......mmmmm could it be that simple.......

This is the sort of simplistic crap we constantly see from Government talking heads, not real drivers.

Do you actually watch your speedo ALL THE TIME????? I know on my recently changed 90k highway, I spend way too much time watching the speedo instead of the road.

Really clever thinking here.......NOT !!!!!!

The rationale is that we go out and buy a new car with cruise control for the straights and hills, and nice big brakes to wear out on the downhills.

Yeah this was published in the sunday mail about 3 weeks ago (round new years)...

I dislike speed cameras as much as everyone else, but unfortunatlly there here to stay...

But i think if you get fined you should get a framed A4 gloss photo for your money :D

This is the sort of simplistic crap we constantly see from Government talking heads, not real drivers.

Do you actually watch your speedo ALL THE TIME????? I know on my recently changed 90k highway, I spend way too much time watching the speedo instead of the road.

Really clever thinking here.......NOT !!!!!!

The rationale is that we go out and buy a new car with cruise control for the straights and hills, and nice big brakes to wear out on the downhills.

I've had one speeding ticket in my life and am now 32yrs old. Ive owned in this order a Nissan Bluebird, VK Wagon, Torana(modded), Ford Laser, Vx ss(modded), VL Turbo(highly modded), Vy ss(modded) and now my skyline(highly modded).

Unfortunately people get done for doing as little as 11k's over the speed limit including Ma and Pa Kettles through to the higher end of the spectrum.

Don't like it move to Vic where there speed cameras (I believe) start at 5 k's over then you can whinge about revenue raising. Pull your hand off it about looking at your speedo all the time. Speed is one of the fatal four like it or lump it.

Speed Cameras are better than no deterrent.....

If you are doing 11k's or more over the speed limit then your not paying enough attention and deserve whats coming to you.

DON'T SPEED = DON'T GET FINED

NOTE ***** IM SORRY I MUST NOT BE A REAL DRIVER JUST A REALIST

Harden up Buttercup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yea but dude. it is sometimes hard to drive around all day in a fast car with out at least once wanting to wind out one gear.

i just say keep your eyes peeled

yea but dude. it is sometimes hard to drive around all day in a fast car with out at least once wanting to wind out one gear.

i just say keep your eyes peeled

Take your turbo off then :P might save you a speeding fine.

And remember, no 'winding out' on public roads, that's what racing tracks are for.