SAU Community

-7/9s Or -5s Garretts

Adz2332

Other thing is the turbos are REALLY laggy.

I get 18psi by 6000rpm and power drops off completely at 22psi at 7500rpm so theres no point revving past there...

Has it been tuned? If it has I'd be finding someone else to tune it.

Has it been tuned? If it has I'd be finding someone else to tune it.

I think this is your issue as well.

Is the engine healthy i.e. done a compression test as this could be the source as well? Your tuner should have diagnosed if there was an issue from the onset.

It's been tuned multiple times by the same workshop and they just say its a low reading dyno...

It can be low reading all it likes. 18 psi at 6000 rpm then falls over at 7500 is the issue.

It can be low reading all it likes. 18 psi at 6000 rpm then falls over at 7500 is the issue.

This is the dyno chart. If you could interperet it that would be great.

Sorry its not in RPM. If it helps, I've got an RB25 box and 4.08 gears.

post-89539-0-77603300-1366269500_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheGeniusMoose

R33GTR motor. 155PSI compression on all 6

2860-5 turbos

255L walbro pump

Nismo 600CC injectors

RB25 box and 3.08 diff gears

Coppermix clutch

STD r33 GTR FMIC piping

Power FC D Jectro

Greddy Profec B

8psi actuators

Is that what you need to know?

What turbos are they?
What's the rest of the setup?

Edited by TheGeniusMoose

R33GTR motor. 155PSI compression on all 6

2860-5 turbos

255L walbro pump

Nismo 600CC injectors

RB25 box and 3.08 diff gears

Coppermix clutch

STD r33 GTR FMIC piping

Power FC D Jectro

Greddy Profec B

8psi actuators

Is that what you need to know?

Also need exhaust details. You should have minimum 3.5in with metallic matrix cat. Take a look at the RB26 sticky to see what you should be getting - something is seriously wrong with your result. Injectors might run out of puff if they're not clean.

Twin 3" dumps into a 3.5 decat and 3" cat back

Also need exhaust details. You should have minimum 3.5in with metallic matrix cat. Take a look at the RB26 sticky to see what you should be getting - something is seriously wrong with your result. Injectors might run out of puff if they're not clean.

I'd have thought cam gears wind a bit more response in and not a whole heap of power. Regardless... something in my current setup is very wrong without buying new stuff I think.

Depends which way you turn the gears.

Here is a question for you rev heads.

My build comprises of the following:

Tomei Advance Spec RB26 (long engine) spec are here http://www.tomeipowered.com/BTE/index.php/2011/04/28/rb26-complete-engine-advanced-spec/

Garrett 2860R -5s (ex. housings lightly ported)

HKS actuators (set at 1 bar each)

OEM ex. Manifolds (ported)

Mines dump Pipes (Pipe diameter: 70φ)

Midori Ti front pipes (80φ diameter)

Catco Race Cat (3' diameter)

Tomei Ti Expreme cat back exhaust (3.5' diameter)

HKS fuel rail

HKS 1,000cc injectors

Tomei fuel pressure regulator

SARD Intank Fuel Pump (280ltr p/h) (in bold because I believe this will be a weak point)

Nismo Plenum

Cooling Pro I/C (100mm)

Apexi Power FC + HC

To be tuned on E85

Boost say 20psi

What power do you think I should make? and do you think that choice of -5s is appropriate?

Why have a 3 inch cat ? Make it the same size as your catback.

I thought that would be restriction....where can I get a 3.5in cat back from?

And why only 20 psi. IIRC, those Tomei engines are 8:5:1 (correct me if I'm wrong). 24 on pump fuel!

20psi was just an estimate

Advance spec is 8:4:1 (same as Tomei 2.8 Genesis) if that changes anything???

Edited by Ants