SAU Community

-7/9s Or -5s Garretts

Adz2332

I only have the 262 11.95 one here the other one is in the states as its theirs and they have the lobe specs, I just trying to get em to put it on a RB stick

Can do. I know Yavuz put the same lobe that's in mine onto a 2JZ stick and doing a back to back, picked up a decent whack of grunt, everywhere over the longer duration "jap" cams. Can't remember the figure, but it was significant.

You know where he is, get it, take it to him, have a chat.

Also thinking about going smaller duration cams but with same 10.8mm lift that current cams are running

Still happy with current setup with the awesome -9s

I don't disagree, Nick. Why do you need a cam that will allow the engine to rev to 10k when the turbos are done by 7500? Smaller duration cams are only going to push your curve to the left, which, for what you do is perfect!

Give me a 245-250 at 11mm plus lift and I'll be all over it. Bugger top end, big fat meaty curve which noses over at 7000-7500. Done! Hard on the valve train but have it looked at every 20-30 k and IF it needs attention, do it.

The jap cams we spun up were very mild in their temp rate, we had two for reference;

Tomei Procam 270 @ 10.25 mm

JUN 264 @ 10.5 mm

Both of which were alot "softer" in their rate of opening the valve than what Yavuz went for. Over discussions he believes that this cam he developed has the same "area" of a larger 280 but without the huge overlap.

This is why we made our own.

Can do. I know Yavuz put the same lobe that's in mine onto a 2JZ stick and doing a back to back, picked up a decent whack of grunt, everywhere over the longer duration "jap" cams. Can't remember the figure, but it was significant.

You know where he is, get it, take it to him, have a chat.

I'll see how I go, if I can get my hands on one I'll run over to UE and have a chat

Got my unigroup custom grind cams in today, Same as Paulies.. haven't got the price yet though

Those cams on the supra your talking about made over 400rwkw on gate pressure (a bit over 1 bar from memory) on a precision 6466 I think it was from memory. Yavuz was telling me the other day

Got my unigroup custom grind cams in today, Same as Paulies.. haven't got the price yet though

Those cams on the supra your talking about made over 400rwkw on gate pressure (a bit over 1 bar from memory) on a precision 6466 I think it was from memory. Yavuz was telling me the other day

Farken 2J.

That is all! :(

I don't disagree, Nick. Why do you need a cam that will allow the engine to rev to 10k when the turbos are done by 7500? Smaller duration cams are only going to push your curve to the left, which, for what you do is perfect!

Give me a 245-250 at 11mm plus lift and I'll be all over it. Bugger top end, big fat meaty curve which noses over at 7000-7500. Done! Hard on the valve train but have it looked at every 20-30 k and IF it needs attention, do it.

The jap cams we spun up were very mild in their temp rate, we had two for reference;

Tomei Procam 270 @ 10.25 mm

JUN 264 @ 10.5 mm

Both of which were alot "softer" in their rate of opening the valve than what Yavuz went for. Over discussions he believes that this cam he developed has the same "area" of a larger 280 but without the huge overlap.

This is why we made our own.

Yep thats what i looking for ..the Piggaz Version 2.0 cams

11mm 252's sound like a winner .. i always tried to find something like the mines super shore pro 10.05 & 252 , but was after some more lift than what the jap stuff usually was.

Sounds like the obvious shortfall with jap cams is that the profiles available are geared towards top end performance right? Or they too lazy to develop the ultimate street cam for mid range?

Yep thats what i looking for ..the Piggaz Version 2.0 cams

11mm 252's sound like a winner .. i always tried to find something like the mines super shore pro 10.05 & 252 , but was after some more lift than what the jap stuff usually was.

If that is what your looking for then The ones I trying to get made would be exactly what you want, if I can get enough interest in them I'll see if I can get a group buy going

Less duration then them with more lift

Paul, joey.

Any idea on the lift at 0.050" and also the dwell at peak lift?

Think ive asked you guys before. But have forgotten

The lift or duration at 0.050? :P

Not sure, but I can ask.

Sounds about right. My -9's (335rwkw) start at 20psi and drop to 18 at redline (8600) with standard cooler. Graphs & info in the RB26 Results thread.

Who tuned yours, can I ask?

Frank at Allsparks in east keilor mate, top bloke, knows his shit about RB engines. Didnt even charge me to sort out a check engine light issue I was having where he found that the pfc had the knock sensor way too low