SAU Community

-7/9s Or -5s Garretts

Adz2332

When do you see full boost on the road with the GTX2860s?

Hard to believe that you went backwards installing Type Bs with those turbos.

Maybe the Godzilla tune was a lot safer than the one done with unigroup

Type B's. Too much duration for the lift given. Maybe type R's would change things?

Sean, did Godzilla play with cam timing at all? Did Yavuz play with it? Yavuz usually turns them to maximise midrange, unless you ask for a top end screamer.

• Like 1

Stock cams were dialled in when tuned by unigroup.

Type b's weren't touched by godzilla. I improved it with more advance on intake cam.

22-23PSI at 4900-5000RPM on a 2.8...

Godzilla tune was very safe with timing and didn't get light throttle tuned :/ that's another story...

-5 should come on earlier :) Stock cams felt great for street driving too. Poor mans VCAM on the way as well, but that is yet another story.

The GTX2860 is a 400hp turbo and the -5 is a 350hp, make your own conclusions :D

If your car feels too laggy Sean let XGTRX show you how to drive it cause apparently he can make an RB20 with a T88 feel responsive on the street ;)

Stock cams were dialled in when tuned by unigroup.

Type b's weren't touched by godzilla. I improved it with more advance on intake cam.

22-23PSI at 4900-5000RPM on a 2.8...

Godzilla tune was very safe with timing and didn't get light throttle tuned :/ that's another story...

-5 should come on earlier :) Stock cams felt great for street driving too. Poor mans VCAM on the way as well, but that is yet another story.

The GTX2860 is a 400hp turbo and the -5 is a 350hp, make your own conclusions :D

Edited by Mick_o

I have -9s and all supporting mods and my car just came back with 316rwkw @ 21psi, tapers off to 19.5psi close to redline, which is ok. Starts spooling around 2k, full boost by 4k. Super responsive and awesome fun, even against road bikes haha

Sounds about right. My -9's (335rwkw) start at 20psi and drop to 18 at redline (8600) with standard cooler. Graphs & info in the RB26 Results thread.

Who tuned yours, can I ask?

If your car feels too laggy Sean let XGTRX show you how to drive it cause apparently he can make an RB20 with a T88 feel responsive on the street ;)

If that's the best you got I would be killing myself....

The quality of retard bingo in here is heavily retarded.......................to the point that I'm inclined to think this thread has well and truly served its purpose and should be closed.

GTR_JOEY and Mick_o there is no need for putting others down or instigating personal attacks to XGTRX.

As far as I am aware turbo choices / preferences will be different for everyone and there is no 'set in stone' guideline for this.

However, should you want to upgrade turbos in your Skyline GTR I think it would be something like this:

1. Whats your budget / how much money do you have to play with???? probably the biggest factor to consider first here

2. What do you want to upgrade turbos for?

3. Do your homework and do some research i.e. have a look at SAU dyno results thread to have an idea of the differences between each setups

4. Make your own decision - be man and don't let other rev-head keyboard happy dropkicks make the decisions for you - seek advice from a reputable turner or workshop if you like, but again try to make your own decision based upon what you have learned and understood.

5. If you happen to know people that already have a setup you’re interested - what’s the harm in asking for spin? Worst case scenario they say 'no, go and get efffeed' and move on. If you belong to a club you could maybe even get club members to give you a ride or even a drive under a controlled environment - this point is not absolutely necessary nor be practical for some but may still assist in making your decision.

6. once your decision is made - go get your fast bits ;) and work from there.

Lastly, some of you in here have MASSIVE egotistical issues or maybe even other issues.

But there is absolutely no need for that kind of stupidity / behaviour, and I don't give a flying cow if you have the fastest QTR mile time using xxxx turbos or a super 'OUTA THIS WORLD RESPONSIVE setup' or even if you are the rajab of Gods.

You should be helping others out instead of bragging about how magnificent your setup is or comparing the length of your keyboard is.

• Like 2

Ohh the Calvary has come to play. You are all a bunch of keyboard hero's...if you want I can meet you all and show you my GTR...Will that make you all feel better...it's amazing that all this started because I wanted to help a guy out with my experience and the 26/30 hero that ran a 10s pass with stock turbos...WHY THE f**k would you want to do that anyway and the 2.8l hero that has driven his car for 5 mins because he sneezes and it breaks decide to say that I don't know what I am talking about....well I must be wrong then because my car which does 300-400km a week with a 26 and -5s has never had a hiccup..but hey what do I know..but the gods of the skyline forum with all their liitle followers that drive barinas and pull themselves over dyno sheets and compressor maps..wow their opinions are the only ones that count and let's back up our leaders because their the only ones with fast cars....bunch of f**kwits all of you...and the funny thing is most of you would say crap like this to someone's face but hey let's be all forum heroes, f**kin tossers.

Edited by XGTRX

it's funny how every thing he says rings true for his own behavior, there has been a few times where I have tried to help someone with info I have learned from the near 12 years of modifying GTRs just to have you quote what I have said a accuse me of trying to blow up some guys engine

it also seems your opinion is the only one people should lesson to and heaven forbid someone have a different one to you and if they do you start foul language and name calling

don't be mistaken, I would never say anything on here I wouldn't happily say to your face

ok so the fact I have personally chosen a hand full of parts then fitted them myself and set them up to make my car run 11.1 on stock turbos means I know shit all about anything, and why, cause I kept hearing what the factory parts can't do so I wanted to see for myself what I can make them do, again must mean I know nothing about what I'm doing

it's funny how every thing he says rings true for his own behavior, there has been a few times where I have tried to help someone with info I have learned from the near 12 years of modifying GTRs just to have you quote what I have said a accuse me of trying to blow up some guys engine

it also seems your opinion is the only one people should lesson to and heaven forbid someone have a different one to you and if they do you start foul language and name calling

don't be mistaken, I would never say anything on here I wouldn't happily say to your face

ok so the fact I have personally chosen a hand full of parts then fitted them myself and set them up to make my car run 11.1 on stock turbos means I know shit all about anything, and why, cause I kept hearing what the factory parts can't do so I wanted to see for myself what I can make them do, again must mean I know nothing about what I'm doing

I have no doubt that you are very knowledgeable at what you do, but your not the only one and you should show a bit more respect for other people's opinions especially when they are based on real life experience and who are attempting to guide someone. I and many of peers have been down this path many times and over the last 20 years and it comes down to this...drive it, like it, build it. If you don't agree with it fine....but don't be egotistical about it.