SAU Community

Gtr Injectors And Fuel Rail Into Gtst?

Surrufus

Ok i understand that this question has been asked before (well partly anyway) but theres one thing that still eludes me (and yes ive searched and searched).

If you use the GTR top feed fuel rail with the accompaning GTR top feed injectors do they fit into the GTST (RB25DET) intake plennum?

In other words are the centre distances for the injector ports, the same in the RB25DET and RB26DETT intake plennums?

I have a RB25DET plennum but neither the GTR injectors or fuel rail so i can not test this myself.

Also i am led to believe that the RB26 injectors are low impedance while the RB25 injectors are high. Correct?

I understand that the wiring may not be so simple but my primary question is purely mechanical.

Please helpful comments and link only.

• 5 months later...

do you have any pics about the collars?? i'm looking at installing gtr injectors onto a r33 plenum. i have the injectors and the gtr rail. the rail seems to have the correct mounts to the plenum.

What Adriano has said is correct.

I am almost certain that the injector o-ring seals that sit in the plennum are a different ID and size for all R33's. The R33 side feed injectors have a larger size seal, due to the fact that it seals off against the rail itself. Your rb30/20/26/early non VVT 25 in 32's are the same but. Spacing in between each injector is the same as I remember from when I did it.

So you would probably need new seals for the plennum, then a way of mounting the rail as I believe that is different too. Problem then is that your top feed rail will not physically fit under a standard r33 intake as the top feed rail fouls the top half of the r33 plennum (been there done that). If your going one of the greddy style forward plennums then you would be OK.

Injectors are pretty easy, R30 skylines have a drop down resistor which you can get hold of pretty cheap at most wreckers, basically a GTR alternative. Failing that you can obtain the resistors from jaycar and just wire them inline for each injector.

Sometimes those drop in replacements but are just worth the time and mucking around you save, side feed sard's can be had cheap.