SAU Community

R200 Lsd Diff In R34

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

its annoying that nobody knows aye lol. Ive heard r33 gtst diffs will bolt straight in (the whole housing) but ive also heard that they wont. I might have to just find out myself.... I also dont wanna change my final drive ratios so it might be hard to find a "bolt in" Nissan Diff

The R34 GTt and the S15 the diffs are interchangeable 1000% you can't put an R33 diff into an R34 or S15 due to the housings.

I would need to look at a 25GT as I was under the impression the R33 housing does fit, much like they use R33 supsension in the rear end as well.

can i chuck a mini spool or a shim in to make it a "2 wheel spinner" ?

finding it hard to find a R34 GTT diff.

theres alot of cheap R33 ones

might have to compare the 2 and see if it'll fit.

Yeah I'd like to know the answer as the 25GT I put the S15 diff into had had the rear subframe from a GTt fitted....so I still haven't been able to compare the R33 diff to the N/A R34 one.

i dont have pics, but you'll have the same problems with running a gtr diff, you'll need the axles to suit. Na have a piss weak axle bolt pattern which is different to the turbo stuff. If you change the axles aswell it should be a plug n play job

Im pretty sure that I used an S15 diff in my car, all I had to do was change the rear cover on the housing and everything bolted straight up.

I think ShanO just answered part of the question there. In the GTt the S15 is plug 'n' play the rear housing went in fine, and the splines match. So looks like the 25GT has the rear housing of the R33 and the splines as well.

while were talking about NA R34 diffs does anyone know if there is a 3.o or 3.25 ratio centre available from any model Nissan (oem) or after market to fit? as the std 4.3 ratio does not really provide low revs hi speed cruising for those persons who do lots of Ks in freeway conditions in top gear

while were talking about NA R34 diffs does anyone know if there is a 3.o or 3.25 ratio centre available from any model Nissan (oem) or after market to fit? as the std 4.3 ratio does not really provide low revs hi speed cruising for those persons who do lots of Ks in freeway conditions in top gear

theres no way you'll want a ratio in the low 3:1's it would turn it into an absolute pig, especially with the na neo rb25, it would almost be dangerous

If you want slightly better ratios, get the r32 gtr diff, it has a slightly better ratio of 4.11 which should give you a 100kmhr cruising rpm of around 2700ish. It will still be driveable on the street and the diff is a mechanical lsd from factory which is an added bonus.

There was a car that my brother and i did a turbo/manual conversion (was originally an r33 auto na) and he ran out of money and left the stock auto diff in. That thing was terrible to drive, the gears were soooo long it ruined it. An thats with the added torque from a rb25det and the stock auto ratio is around the 3.5 mark. Just to give you an idea, we were smashing it back to 1st at 50kmhr if we wanted to "race"

The neo rb25de just doesnt have the torque to power such long gears, a r32 gtr diff is as good as it will get with the stock 5 speed

Edited by R34GTFOUR

Will this throw the speedo out? With the GTR diff i mean?

Can i use my crown and pinion in the gtr diff housing, to keep my ratios the same, as the de needs all the help it can get :)

And im gusiing GTR axles will be required also?

theres no way you'll want a ratio in the low 3:1's it would turn it into an absolute pig, especially with the na neo rb25, it would almost be dangerous

If you want slightly better ratios, get the r32 gtr diff, it has a slightly better ratio of 4.11 which should give you a 100kmhr cruising rpm of around 2700ish. It will still be driveable on the street and the diff is a mechanical lsd from factory which is an added bonus.

There was a car that my brother and i did a turbo/manual conversion (was originally an r33 auto na) and he ran out of money and left the stock auto diff in. That thing was terrible to drive, the gears were soooo long it ruined it. An thats with the added torque from a rb25det and the stock auto ratio is around the 3.5 mark. Just to give you an idea, we were smashing it back to 1st at 50kmhr if we wanted to "race"

The neo rb25de just doesnt have the torque to power such long gears, a r32 gtr diff is as good as it will get with the stock 5 speed

Edited by Silver_GT

yes, but there wouldnt be a point to that since the r33 gtst diff is only a viscous lsd anyway. If you were going to do the upgrade get a stock r32 mechanical gtr diff

hi, are you talking about the diff complete wth axles or just the diff centre only?

if its the complete housing, how does the ABS go, or do you get a non abs one ?

reason why 33 gtst diff is a better option because its more readily available and its cheaper.

even if its a viscous, its still better then 1 wheel spinning. try going up a driveway on an angle with a single spinner with a lowered car, theres been a few times ive got stuck and had to get out and push lol

are R33 gtst half shafts 5 hole or 2x3 hole ?

im 99% sure you'll need a diff from an abs fitted car if you want you abs to keep working

There are little speed sensors on the diff where the axles bolt on, the gtr diff has them and the reason im not 100% sure with the abs side of things is that my car is awd so it uses these same sensors for attessa, but im pretty sure a normal rwd abs fitted skiz will have the same sensors from abs control.

I've been talking about replacing the whole diff, casing and everything with the axles. I wouldnt go swapping diff centres unless you have alot of experence, the clearances can be tricky.

Is you na r34 open centre? My bros na lsd in his r33 was a viscous lsd and always baked both wheels. My r34 gtfour (na) has the same diff aswell, its not an open centre, but when i put the new engine in i will use the mechanical gtr diff for the stronger lsd.

The gtr uses a 5 bolt pattern on the axles (same as gtst) where the na uses 3x2 bolt axles which wont hold up with decent power. Thats why if you are changing from a na diff to a gtst/gtr diff you need to use the axles for that diff.