SAU Community

R200 Lsd Diff In R34

i think mine is 5 hole? ill have to double check.

if all goes well im going to buy a R33 GTST ABS diff with half shafts tomorrow.

also one more thing, will the R33 diff bolt to the R34 GT25 NA tailshaft?

yeh my NA R34 is open centre, 1 wheel spins only :P

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think mine is 5 hole? ill have to double check.

if all goes well im going to buy a R33 GTST ABS diff with half shafts tomorrow.

also one more thing, will the R33 diff bolt to the R34 GT25 NA tailshaft?

yeh my NA R34 is open centre, 1 wheel spins only :ninja:

Let me know how it all goes once you get it done man, or do a write up, im getting tempted to weld my centre :P

might be asking for a bit here but would anyone have a pic of a R34 25GT diff somewhere?

i've tried googling with no luck.

picking up my 33 diff tomorrow if it matches the r34 abs sensor position :P

heres a 33one

32gtsdiff.jpg

^ don't weld it mate, makes daily driving a big fken nuisance (sp??) i had a locked diff in my old silvia, it was fun but very very annoying!

lockers have never really bothered me to drive with, probly a personal preferance, but i have resisted the urge to lock it n id rather sort out an lsd, so let me know how yours goes

good news, fits 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for all you 25GT guys out there, rush out and buy a R33 GTST ABS DIFF, Auto preferbly (as its got teh same ratio, 4.363) otherwise a manual 4.11 will just be fine as long as its got ABS.

:D:) can do sick skids now!

f**king Excellent! My GT will do 2's with a bit of brake feather, but goes back to single as soon as you get more than like 30 degrees of angle, i know whats next on my shopping list :D

EDIT: do the stock driveshafts bolt up?

Edited by Silver_GT

yes, stock driveshafts bolt straight up, as long as you get a 5 hole type.

ive read up that the GTST ones are stronger then the 25GT but in a NA, it doesn't really matter as its not packing much power & wont know till it breaks and i replace it with a GTST item.

Yeah thats what i thought dan, pretty much the whole suspension in a 25GT is pretty much identical a R33 GTST.

great stuff, most of the r33 and r34 stuff is interchangable. When you say that you use the stock driveshafts, do you mean that you used the stock gtst 5 bolt rear shafts? Its just every r33 na diff runs the 3x2 bolt rear shafts, the same as my r34 diff atm.

If anyone else wants to do the conversion, best to use the stock gtst manual diff, the auto diff has a ratio close to 3.5:1 which isnt very nice for a low torque engine like the rb25de

I'll be putting the r32 gtr mechanical diff in my r34 in the next few months, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Congrates, now for some skids :)

great stuff, most of the r33 and r34 stuff is interchangable. When you say that you use the stock driveshafts, do you mean that you used the stock gtst 5 bolt rear shafts? Its just every r33 na diff runs the 3x2 bolt rear shafts, the same as my r34 diff atm.

If anyone else wants to do the conversion, best to use the stock gtst manual diff, the auto diff has a ratio close to 3.5:1 which isnt very nice for a low torque engine like the rb25de

I'll be putting the r32 gtr mechanical diff in my r34 in the next few months, i'll let you guys know how it goes.

Congrates, now for some skids

i used the stock R34 drive shafts (mine had 5 hole type not 3x2 hole). i thought the auto diff was a higher ratio, like 4.363? (thats what my search uncovered and manual is 4.11) I know R32 GTST run 3x2hole half/drive shafts

i used the stock R34 drive shafts (mine had 5 hole type not 3x2 hole). i thought the auto diff was a higher ratio, like 4.363? (thats what my search uncovered and manual is 4.11) I know R32 GTST run 3x2hole half/drive shafts

really 5bolt shafts? my r34 diff is the crap 3x2, must have something to do with the gtfour model.

4.3ish:1 ratio is the manual gts4, 4.11 is the gtr. Autos are definately much much taller gears, around the 3.5:1

Theres a bloke i use to know that had a auto diff in his r33 (was converted to manual) and the gears on that was redicously long, as in you wouldnt bother going back to 2nd at 50km/hr to give it some shit, you go back to 1st :/

Definately wont go well with a na skiz, way way too slow

My diff has a 3x2 shaft setup and its just a normal 2wd 25gt.I am now actually confused as to what diff I actually have, All i know is 2way diff ftw :D ...

All I want now is a set of 4.3 gears to make my car accelerate a little bit quicker...

Does anyone have some for sale here in brisbane?