SAU Community

Garrett Gt3076 Onto Rb25

SS#eater

ah that makes sense - cheers guys thanks for clearing up the terminology for me there! yeah If I'm gonna get this fitted then I figure I may as well splash out on the rest of the bits - engine is forged so if i'm gonna be running high boost settings then its spending a bit more.

oh and as for the cricket - we're always getting owned - the sports lethargy in our country is incredible.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi mate

to be honest I'm really not sure at all - need to find that out myself - I take it your fitting one then rad32?

Just a quick update on mine guys... got me downpipe made up, got a Tial 44mm ext. wgate, got the tub, got the top mount manifold sorted, got a gtr style greddy plenum with adaptor plate for throttle, got the gaskets n bits for fitting so I'm good to go! happy new year by the way ppl!

ant

yeh i am fitting,

got all my stock shit off and trial fitted the hks cast low mount manifold and then went to put the turbo under it...

BAM, no go. doesnt even get close to the studs...

hitting on almost everything your could imagine.

so im stuck at looking at where its hitting and getting my angle grinder out..

• 2 weeks later...

Ant have you put yours on yet? It'll be interesting to see what power you end up with.

In two or three weeks I get offsite and back to uni, and I'll be hopefully putting the tweakit.net full kit on, so that'll be excitin'.

Interested to see how everybody goes with this =D

hi guys I haven't had chance to fit mine yet - still waiting for my garage to get released.. shouldn't be long now tho - end of feb I get it wootage. I have a top mount manifold, gt3076R, properly jigged up downpipe and ext. wgate 44mm. I also have a greddy plenum sat waiting to go on with the lot. My engine is fully forged and most things are port n polished. gonna get myself some ponscams for the finishing touch and I have 550cc injectors in the car too.

heres a coupla pics of the bits I've got so far...

p1020781.jpg

p1020782.jpg

here's the downpipe I had made up from conceptua tuning over here in the uk..

p1030292.jpg

p1030293.jpg

ext.wgate

p1030294.jpg

please excuse the parachute and jumpsuit its all resting on in some pics lol.. missus said she'd ave me if I got any bedsheets mucky lol!

Edited by anthonymcgrath

that looks like a twin scroll T4 manifold?

best thing to do would be identify what you have, then buy a new exhaust housing to suit that manifold OR a manifold to suit that turbo.

I cant see a port for the wastegate on that manifold? does it have one?

NYTSKY - can you explain further please how having two ports from the manifold to the turbo will not work? Thats not meant to sound short or curt... just interested in your thoughts on that. Surely if the air is exiting the manifold and entering the turbo its going to spin right?

the manifold is indeed T4 - however those pics are a bit old - As Worp3D there said.. I've had a T3 plate welded onto the T4 one. Its increased the height by about 12-15mm I think ...is that really going to affect things massively? The manifold was bought from Owen developments in the uk and is for an RB25det so it should be fine surely?

Also the pics dont show it but the manifold has a take off pipe (dunno what the proper name is) for the ext. wgate to fit onto. Normally this would be vta but I've asked for a pipe to be fitted on the downpipe so it plumbs back into the exhaust.. I didn't fancy being a magnet for every cop with sharp ears in a 5 mile radius.

I'll try n get some pics up of the stuff later guys but for today I'm off to lob myself from planes lol.

yes it was welded on but I think they had to drill the holes a touch wider.

there is a pipe for the ext. wgate - its on the other side of the manifold lol. Basically the pipe off the manifold & the pipe off the downpipe connect to the wastegate instead of the wgate venting to atmos.

heres a couple of pics of the manifold that I found - again I'll try n get some more recent ones up later on :) there is actually a band for the wgate to connect to on the end of the ext. wgate manifold feed - same way there is one on the downpipe...

p1020777.jpg

p1020779.jpg

p1020784.jpg

plenum too :( been wanting to fit this before now but worried its going to affect my airflow n mapping even tho my car is mapped quite rich to deal with the front entry plenum mod I have on now...

p1020792.jpg

Edited by anthonymcgrath

okay here's the pics of the downpipe and also the manifold with the adjustments..

downpipe has pipe for ext. wgate return instead of VTA

p1030299.jpg

close up of downipipe for turbo side...

p1030300.jpg

close up of ext. wgate pipe..

p1030299.jpg

close up of manifold with welded T3 flange on it.

p1030299.jpg

close up of pipe on manifold of pipe for ext. wgate

p1030299.jpg

really wish I knew the correct terminology for all the pipe names lol!

Two different designs. Twin scroll is meant for twin scroll, single entry for single entry.

And you need to fix your pics.

cant see it making that much of a difference, if the manifold was single and the turbo twin then it would, the biggest difference i think would be using the T3 flange over the top of a T4, that in its self would be a bigger restriction.

doh! bloody pc - should have the correct pics below now....

return V-band feed from ext. wgate back into downpipe...

p1030301.jpg

close up of t3 flange on t4. Its not the best pic and please excuse the packaging inside it! The flange was welded on and inside the 'walls' where the T4 goes to the T3 have been smoothed out to help the airflow into the turbo...

p1030303.jpg

close up of V-band adaptor on manifold for ext. wgate feed. (i think its called a V-band anyway)

p1030304.jpg

it all bolts together very nicely n neatly from what I've tried - bloody heavy mind.

Will a twin scroll really make that much difference in this application? I mean are we talking "it wont run" or "you'll lose a few bhp" ?

If the manifold is designed for a twin turbo setup then surely the manifolds would be more like the RB26DETT with two small manifolds instead of the one?

doh! bloody pc - should have the correct pics below now....

return V-band feed from ext. wgate back into downpipe...

p1030301.jpg

close up of t3 flange on t4. Its not the best pic and please excuse the packaging inside it! The flange was welded on and inside the 'walls' where the T4 goes to the T3 have been smoothed out to help the airflow into the turbo...

p1030303.jpg

close up of V-band adaptor on manifold for ext. wgate feed. (i think its called a V-band anyway)

p1030304.jpg

it all bolts together very nicely n neatly from what I've tried - bloody heavy mind.

Will a twin scroll really make that much difference in this application? I mean are we talking "it wont run" or "you'll lose a few bhp" ?

If the manifold is designed for a twin turbo setup then surely the manifolds would be more like the RB26DETT with two small manifolds instead of the one?

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony how's this all going? Have you managed to get it all on the car yet?

I'm picking up my 3076 in 3-4 days, with one of these v-band housings and an external gate, and I'm still desperately trying to work out what else I actually need for it? Everybody seems to have different opinions and the one dude who I was banking on to make a dump pipe doesn't answer his phone...

Anyway, very interested to see your results man =D

Anthony how's this all going? Have you managed to get it all on the car yet?

I'm picking up my 3076 in 3-4 days, with one of these v-band housings and an external gate, and I'm still desperately trying to work out what else I actually need for it? Everybody seems to have different opinions and the one dude who I was banking on to make a dump pipe doesn't answer his phone...

Anyway, very interested to see your results man =D

hi mate

this is gonna be starting at the end of this month - funds, and waiting for my garage to be given to me have meant its had to wait a little while. your gonna need the top mount manifold and then you can get a downpipe (dump pipe) made up with the turbo attached to the manifold. i've got a gtr style greddy plenum to go on too at the same time. looking forward to seeing the results. I think I'm gonna need some oil and water line making up and I imagine some alterations to my fmic pipework too. its gonna be off the road for a short while I think. I'll be sure to post update pics once I get going on it :)

hi mate

this is gonna be starting at the end of this month - funds, and waiting for my garage to be given to me have meant its had to wait a little while. your gonna need the top mount manifold and then you can get a downpipe (dump pipe) made up with the turbo attached to the manifold. i've got a gtr style greddy plenum to go on too at the same time. looking forward to seeing the results. I think I'm gonna need some oil and water line making up and I imagine some alterations to my fmic pipework too. its gonna be off the road for a short while I think. I'll be sure to post update pics once I get going on it :(