SAU Community

Garrett Gt3076 Onto Rb25

SS#eater

hey

this is a brief look at my install of a gt3076 onto a rb24 in s1 r33...

cost....

turbo $1900

oil/waterlines $395

gaskets $70

new dump flange

10mm t3 spacer i got both the stainless dump flange profile cut from my old work (profile cutting> computer controlled plasma cutter) as well as the t3 flange in mild steel

cost......carton of beer

4 inch silcon joiner $50

2inch to 2.5 inch silcon reducer 90 degree $70

4 inch to 3 inch reducer $40

4 inch 90 degree stainless bend $90

stainless flat bar and stainless 32mm id tube for new bov position. and dump pipe split $20 dollars scrap metal.....

hose clamps $8

plus more vacum hose and a few other bits.....

ok 1st off remove the turbo

post-28208-1233572041_thumb.jpg

post-28208-1233572084_thumb.jpg

post-28208-1233572106_thumb.jpg

the new and the old

post-28208-1233572145_thumb.jpg

ok once the turbo is off you must lock to nuts together and remove the stud becareful not to break them.i do about 1/4 turn then back the other way then go 1/4 more so like 2steps forward 1 step back ..helps to free them up....

post-28208-1233572216_thumb.jpg

test fitting.. note manifold clearance ....water and oil lines check it all looks good and where it should be:)

post-28208-1233572242_thumb.jpg

you can see here that the comp housing fouls the manifold so yo must run a 10 mm spacer..hence removing the studs for longer ones..

post-28208-1233572285_thumb.jpg

ok this is the new dump flange, i cut the wastegate pipe hole myself ...holesaw nuthing special...remember cutting compound ...

post-28208-1233572340_thumb.jpg

hole cut....

post-28208-1233572389_thumb.jpg

oil line fitted

post-28208-1233572414_thumb.jpg

water line test fit

post-28208-1233572440_thumb.jpg

finished water line

post-28208-1233572468_thumb.jpg

test fit the new intake (will eventually be all tig welded and flowing better should have brought a q45 AFM

post-28208-1233572501_thumb.jpg

another angle

post-28208-1233572738_thumb.jpg

starting to come together

post-28208-1233572781_thumb.jpg

ok cutting up old dump pipe only 4 weeks old..... lol

post-28208-1233572818_thumb.jpg

ok this is where i got before the mozzies took over and it was time to call it a day update 8pm tomorow with completed dump pipe and better instructions and any problems i had...

post-28208-1233572855_thumb.jpg

more to come

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I placd an order for a four bolt turbine housing and external wastegate but my order got cancelled. I tihnk it would have made it easier but I think the GT3076R is the ideal turbo for a stock RB25DET. I may go down the road again and purchase one and have everything done. Nice work you're doing there.

right now its the standard one got a z32 ready to go on very soon..

i didnt think about running the afm in the cooler pipeing....is this common.?

hmmm:)

so much rain here cant get the car tuned really shitting me.. want to reap the benifits ...dammit....

i've got a z32 afm as well, but i really want to upgrade to a gt3076r with the 4" anti surge port comp cover, i didn't realise the whole afm dilemma until i saw it here.

oops.

i've seen the afm in intercooler piping done a lot in VL turbos

it makes sense to have it closer to the throttle body, and it would measure the proper density of air as well (if its placed after the intercooler)

but im just making suggestions, speak to your tuner and see what he says

otherwise, maybe go for a d-jetro setup?

not going d jetro just got a norm pfc ....q45 solves any restriction proplems....will eventually get 1... just brought a z32 ....new to....crap..lol

the turbo sounds awesome...i have just been crusing around only boosting to 5>6 psi...standard ecu still in it aswell so dont want to kill my motor

i spools up real quick...cant wait for my tune 555cc nismo inj and z32 to go on soon.. got water meth injection on it now too. not runnig though saving the meth i have for the tune..waiting for a few drums to arive...:thumbsup:

Nice write up mate, im also going to be installing a 3076r very soon, but i got the externally gated version with avo rear, so i will be needing custom piping to be welded up.. ive been quoted around $2000 for the installation and piping, thats including relocating the top intake piping that goes over the tappet covers because i got a top mount manifold. does this sound a bit too dear?

not really if thats the turbo installed new dump and new intake pipeing..id say thats fairly good price.... my oil water lines were nearly 400 bucks alone....do you like the d.i.y oil catch can....silicon hose 2 spray paint lids soem hose clamps a filter and you got a catch can....

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hi there

my name is anthony and I am a member of skylineowners.com in the uk.

I have a fairly grunty Rb25det at the moment - it has a fully forged engine but the turbo isn't the punchiest - its a td05 18g and it only makes a total of about 380bhp. Its currently making a smooth 340bhp but I have been looking to get 500bhp if possible. However I wasn't sure what to look for and have just found your thread on fitting the gt3076 which looks perfect and proper beefy under the hood lol! I fancy having a go at this myself but I have some questions.

1 Can you but the 10mm spacer flange to get the turbo away from the manifold? I saw that you cut your own but I dont have any facilities to do that :)

2 Would I need one with an internal wastegate penny as I've seen a couple for sale that dont have that!

3 Do I need a gt3076 with a T4 flange or a T3 one? I'm a little lost with that stuff :D

4 I have a Z32 afm - is it much fuss to fit between the induction filter and the pipework?

I found this turbo on ebay from perth australia which I've been considering - is this what I would be after?

item number: 170313773271

sorry for all the pestering questions but I would really like to hit the 500bhp mark and I know the engine would happily take it (wiseco 87mm pistons, rb26 nur spec conrods, arp head bolts and numerous other goodies). not many people have fitted one of these over here in the uk but I'd like to have a go :)

ta

ant

hi anthony

1. you can buy a spacer from SAU traders or turbo shops.

2. internal wastegate unless you want to get involved in changing to an external wastegate (which means either new manifold or you need to modify the turbine housing to fit an external wastegate off it).

3. T3 flange

4. Z32 is a straight fit but your ECU (ie. aftermarket) will need to support the change.

hi Wolverine thanks for your answers :thumbsup:

The Z32 is already under my car and my oem ecu is mapped to use it - the tuner used Nistune and was at Rising Sun Performance in the uk (dunno if you guys have heard of them over there?) Anyhow I'm pretty sure he'd be able to map the car using the bigger gt3076

so I'm guessing the standard downpipe is enough for the turbo to work with and is a direct fit is that correct, or will that need uprating too?

I have been told I will need to uprate the injectors - at present I'm running Daetchwerx 550cc injectors which I'm sure (at a push) will run 500bhp or in that higher 400 range certainly which would be enugh for me. I have also been told my gtr clutch would need uprating. Any of you guys confirm that stuff?

you will need a new downpipe if you get a garrett turbine housing (which i would recommend) there are some GT3071's and GT3076's shoehorned into nissan turbine housings but i believe you will get a lesser result this way. there is a good thread on what constitutes the best version in forced induction at the moment.

the 550cc injectors will be fine.

clutch will only need replacing IF it lets go which is more a function of how you treat it/use it.

Nistune will be fine.

the tuner used Nistune and was at Rising Sun Performance in the uk (dunno if you guys have heard of them over there?)

Wasnt he in the gtr doco from 5 or 6 years ago?

wolverine - thanks again - how can I tell if it is a garrett housing - is it literally stamped with garrett? I'm guessing the nissan/shoehorned would have nissan on it if it was the lesser version?

downpipe - are there specific types that mate up with the gt3076 and onto the other side of your exhaust easily?

clutch is never pushed hard - I dont even launch hard as I believe this is worst way to kill a clutch but if it gave out I'd upgrade happily anyways. not a tough job to put another in anyways. even lifted out the gearbox on my own shoulder lol!

good stuff about the injectors n nistune - I can get rsp to do the remap/retune again :thumbsup:

worp3d - I dont know too much about what he's done in the past but I do know the guys level of knowledge at rsp is amazing and they're a really friendly bunch :laugh:

anthony - try tweakit.net

they have a 3076r package, which includes, turbo, lines, dump pipe and spacer and flange. Shipping to the uk will probably set you back an arm and a leg, but it might just be what your looking for.

copy-n-pasted from their website:

Includes:

1x Garrett GT3076R RB20DET-RB25DET Turbocharger, complete with internal Wastegate and actuator.

Fitting Kit Includes: Oil and water lines, Gaskets, Spacer, Studs, Nuts and Silicone Elbow for intake.

Optional: Mild Steel or Stainless Steel Dump Pipe (both have separate wastegate pipe blending in three quarters down the dump pipe.

The Exhaust Housing has the 5-Bolt Garrett dump pipe flange (Rather than the 6-Bolt Nissan dump pipe flange), so if you are fitting this turbo to a Skyline (R32/R33/R34), then the optional Mild or Stainless Steel Dump pipe is highly recommended.

$2,460.00AUD (inc GST) AU

$2,236.36AUD(ex GST) AU