SAU Community

Bolt On Exhaust

mattye

My M35 is running a Nismo cat back exhaust with sound control.

Did anyone confirm the legal nature of this type of thing?

It just has a switch that is either set to Sports or Silent.

I can't really hide it because there is a silver box on the back of the muffler and it's a pretty fat muffler too :)

not sure of my catback zorst, it has Jasma mufflers on it, but fujitsubo stickers on car. received justjap dump last week, bought a 3" cat and some new flanges/gaskets too. getting fitted this saturday at right price exhausts on Moss St, slacks ck.

RPX also informed me that the JJ gaskets are poo. they would eventually blow out. the gasket on left is RPX, on right is JJ. notice the inner metal ring on the RPX one ? for $3.50 each it ain't worth the hassles

post-58831-1234862466_thumb.jpg

RPX also mentioned they will use the std metal gasket instead of this one as it will blow out too. no inner ring to stop gasses getting in between and blowing the guts out over time.

post-58831-1234862475_thumb.jpg

heres the 3" hiflo cat and flanges. i will have it setup so if i want i can remove cat and install straight pipe.

post-58831-1234862535_thumb.jpg

inside of cat

post-58831-1234862551_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jez

PS. anyone ever put a magnet on these so called stainless exhausts from just jap ? well on mine it's all non magnetic (stainless) except for bottom flange to cat, so it has a mild steel flange at end. they should have to call it 95% stainless exhaust LOL :(

in response to this post (in particular the turbo to dump pipe gasket) and to reinforce RPX's opinion USE GENUINE NISSAN MULTILAYER METAL GASKETS wherever possible

DO NOT use the cheap shit that is provided with cheap exhauast parts

i do agree with you ryan.... once you know that they come with shite gaskets.. which is usually once you have received it.

haha, didnt think of it that way. i had assumed chinese pipe=chinese gasket

on the dump page it has the gasket as a related product

hey guys, just got the exhaust fitted today.

I tell ya what, i am VERY impressed with RPX at moss street. $108 for fitting JJ dump and 3" hiflo cat. hour and a half later i have my car back.

You can definitely hear the turbo spooling more now. Very happy with end result. car feels more responsive and definitely stronger midrange -> topend.

BTW this is a S2 stagea RS4-S manual and the JJ dump doesn't foul any parts. no mods were needed.

Cheers