SAU Community

r30 skylines

rsx84

R30gtN/A - dont know whether i'll be flamed for this...but i like it.

would be very menacing i reckon, it is turbo isnt it?

im hoping to get another 30 shell and cram an rb26 in there with custom everything

btw cooler is done, pics will be up soon..ish

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1984 Paul Newman HR30 4 SALE!

L20ET motor re-comditoned approx. 7000km ago

Triple hybrid turbo

Mild cam grind

3 inch exhaust and dump pipe

2litre Toyota supra intercooler, harness, boost controller and koni special front shockers. (Not Installed)

Very rare! Only 3 registered in Aus!

$5500 not neg.

This car still for sale? Is it Manual, how many K's and what sort of condition is it in?

and what the hell is a "triple Hybrid turbo"?

I am willing to travel to Adelaide if the car is worth it.

hhhhmmmmm, rotory powered r30, now thats different. i wont shoot ya as long as you dont post any 1/4 mile times that put us to shame!! are you staying with the N/A or 13b turbo???

rsx84 glad your up and running and it is looking sweeeeet! I know the pain a conversion causes.Well done.

R30gtN/A i will not flame you either as ive considered that conversion myself.As the R30 has room for a six cylinder i was pondering a 20B.

The 13B will fit behind the strut towers making a very good handling car.Make sure you shoot some pics when you can!

I think its a great idea.... 13b in a hr30 would rock

Bad news though im sure ill have to sell all my 30 stuff

1982 hr30 2 door import coupe - the povo pack so it had winding windows no power stuff.

just sprayed in mazda blue

r32 rb20det with loom r32 auto ecu (doesnt effect the facts its to be manual) turbo manifold and custom dump. currently apart at SST automotive to get new piston rings and bearings which it didnt need but i wanted to be safe

needs coils which i can source and alt starter motor

rb20det 5 speed box with stock clutch and flywheel, hr30 tailshaft which needs yoke

long nose r200 lsd which is still ok ive been told

big fark off truck cooler and evo 5 cooler with was in accident but fine

s13 seats not yet put in car

vg30 afm and rb20afm

na r33 rims

6 point bolt in cage

new shocks in back not sure about the rest.

chasis is straight as.

brakes will need machining to remove rust off them due to car sitting for several years or just drop dr30 ones in there. they are discs front and rear

rear seats could do with a tidy up

the car sat around for 4 years before i touched it. due to uni / work / personal stuff i wont be able to finish it. the project has a solid base but like i said i wont get it done so it may as well go to someone with the ability to finish it and enjoy the car. NOTE: these parts are all yet to go into car so hence its why its a project.

im looking at 4k ono but im cool so im willing to negotiate.

i am in perth so it makes things harder for easterners but ive been as honest as i can be.

pm me or email me at [email protected]

or find me as tomj on the antilag.com forums.

cheers

Tom

i gather this is your car and that amount is what your looking for!!or is this the add for that one for sale ages ago cause there are more than three people here with paul newman versions 2door anyway??

just got some updated pics.....i do have some engine ones but there too big so i'll have to get them smaller!! those rims will be resprayed black later as they look more gold than black at the moment!!

Hey! RSX,

You have convinced me, the glass bar all the way.

I was going to fit the same lower spoiler to mine but after seeing how yours hangs, NO WAY! got to be able to do better than that. A longer, shallower cooler would look better I think, maybe 700 x 250 or similar, very similat surface area to 600 x 300.

What happened to the centre support for the grille and where your headlight washers go???

As for rear wing, I got this if your interested. See thumbnail attachment. I bought it a couple of years ago, but I don't particularly want it now, I think the series 3 R31 Silhouette wing looks better, or the Jenesis one, if I can get it here. My concern with the Jenesis wing is if it can be painted, as I think it would look sh1t on a white body. I would use the wing I have except it doesn't cover the full width of the boot lid, for that it has to be 1480mm wide and it's only 1340 something.

As for a 13B powered R30, I think he's in for trouble if it stays n/a, the R30 is about 1250kg and the RX3 was less than 1000. Think the extra 250kg will kill it.

I have an acquaintance with a 13B J port in a GH Sigma, single 48mm IDA Webber and it goes like F. @. &. K. E. D. > R/S to say the least. Noisy as hell, been defected 3 times in 10 months, lowered with a hacksaw blade on stock shocks, sort of a BRAIN DEAD Critter even.

They got ZERO torque compared to a 6 cyl DOHC turbo. My RB30 should have 500+ Nm

It's my eldest daughter's boyfriend actually.

hmm would that wing fit a silvia?

You got a Silvia too! as well as the R30???

Organised a box today, it (grille & lower spoiler) will be packed and ready to go after easter.

I will PM you to confirm.

My mate has an S13 180SX and his boot lid measures 1160 across, so yeh! probably, the importer in Melbourne bought them in for current model Lancers.

The mounting feet were marginally narrower than the R30 Hatch width.

Send me some measurements of your boot lid and rear width and I will measure the wing and let you know.

Yeh???

haven't you noticed my signature???

You got a Silvia too! as well as the R30???

Organised a box today, it (grille & lower spoiler) will be packed and ready to go after easter.

I will PM you to confirm.

My mate has an S13 180SX and his boot lid measures 1160 across, so yeh! probably, the importer in Melbourne bought them in for current model Lancers.

The mounting feet were marginally narrower than the R30 Hatch width.

Send me some measurements of your boot lid and rear width and I will measure the wing and let you know.

ghostrider: i dont know as theres a scratch in the paint work that runs under the weld??? the headlight washer pump was there till the front mount went in, the washers themselves were not! is that front bar you posted from jenesis? dont you have the one with the larger bottom lip?? my front shocks can go down around another cm or so! i am looking for a new one though as i'd like it to look as low as the other pic from the r30 meeting!! rear wing wise i'm looking for something almost identical to the one in the pic as well..sitting low to the body work, i've looked at one or too on some honda hatches.... just one last thing, the rb20det has around 265nm of torque...but boost comes on just over 2000rpm though to 6500rpm..... :kick:

tomj: i might know someone who'd be interested but thier here on the other side of OZ, post up what needs to be done to finish her and i'll let him , took him for a fang in mine :devfu: and hes rather impressed...

Im gona keep it N/A but its going to be a perifheral port with a 51mm IDA so hoping for over 300hp. But a mate with a s3 rx7 with a similar motor build made 340hp and holly shit that was fast, 3rd gear was like taking off in 1st! Future plan is to drop a injected 20b PP in it an have a bit of NOS aswell because im not a real fan of turbo rotas! Yep when shes done I will get some pics up! I dont want to be a smart arse but as for you non belevers of the torque or power come over when its finnished an I will take you for a ride and then see what you say!

yeah bit of a problem - got everything hooked up bar the PS, taken it for a spin and it doesnt seem to want to go over 2k rpm

gets to about 2 grand then just wont go over, sh!ts itself till i back off. does it in all gears

checked the microtech handset, reads upto about 4-5 psi by about 2k rpm before it craps out, but theres no warnings coming up or anything. its like its in limp home mode or something

any ideas people cause its sh!tting me hard.

side note - sounds like its running less a cylinder or two so im thinking coils/leads etc..??